Dr. Mark Carlson MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

September 4th, 2016
Knee Plugs and Donor Cartilage
I went to see DR.Carlson with minor knee pain. I was surprised to hear him say I needed surgery. He said I had two choices total knee replacement or plugs with Donor cartilage I chose what I thought would be the least invasive ..the plugs. He said I had to do it by 55 or my insurance wouldn't cover it.it was Oct. I turned 55 in June. Two surgeries turned into five. When I had problems and called him he was rude told me never call him in the middle of the night again it was 10:30 I was in horrible pain. When I went to emergency for infection he said it couldn't be infected....He used vanco. Totally untrue. I kept telling him about horrible pain he said everyone heals different give it more time id be fine. He had to do a fifth surgery six months after for particles floating in my knee. But I had to wait a month cause he took off to go fishing. I am now crippled I can't walk much distance at all. Every step is filled with sharp stabbing pain. He says we can do total knee replacement now. I have been to two other surgeons who say they don't do plug surgery because it doesn't work. I have found another surgeon . I will never let Dr Carlson touch me again. He's lied to me for months then tells me it failed because I got arthritis why did he operate in the first place I had holes in my cartilage because of arthritis.Don't trust him.. it's all about the money to him......at least this is my opinion.

September 23rd, 2014
Great doctor. Friendly staff. My daughter loves it there. Had therapy and mri and the girls there made it fun instead of scary. Will go back again for sure.

January 17th, 2014
Mr
horrible experience work had to be redone was lied to and told was complete success do not use this guy

March 26th, 2013
knee replacement and other
I have been going to DR.Carlson for several years fro shots in fingers to total knee replacement, I am so happy that he has the wonderful skills to take care of worn out joints that should it happen to have to have another replacement or injections into my fingers or other parts of my body he is the only one I will have preform it as long as he is still around also he is very good at explaining the problems that I had

November 20th, 2012
He is the best!
Dr. Carlson is a wonderful surgeon. He definitely knows what he is doing. I had such good luck with my knee replacement that I am going back after Thanksgiving to get the other knee done. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need.

May 11th, 2009
Miracle worker
My husband was in a terrible car accident and his leg was literally shattered. Dr. Carlson spent 9 hours in surgery putting his leg back together, and now my husband doesn't even have a limp. That was 20 years ago. Since then we've used Dr.Carlson for my sons athletic injuries and a broken ankle, and can't say enough for how good he is.HIGHLY REOMMENDED

October 10th, 2008
labrum repair
Dr.Carlson has a very good bedside manner and was very informative of the procedure he was about to perform on me and his office staff are very friendly!!

March 30th, 2017