Critical Care Surgeon
356 24th Ave N
Ste 400
Nashville, TN 37203
615-329-7887
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  not only my dr but my friend  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2011

Dr. Cooper showed nothing but care and compassion for me during my treatment. He answered every question that I, my daughter, and husband asked very open and honest. I truly believe he is genuine!! He has my trust forever. I only wish I could have him as my PCP.Thank you Dr. Cooper and Nurse Karen for going above and beyond for ME

May 4th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr.Cooper for 8 years. He and his staff are the best team in Nashville!

Apr 25th, 2011

Dr. Cooper is an excellent surgeon. He is a very knowledgeable and caring individual. He removed my gallbladder and I felt no pain or discomfort after the procedure. It was a quick recovery. I have recommended him to all of my friends who need a surgeon and will continue to recommend him. All of my friends along with myself think he is the best surgeon in Nashville.

Apr 25th, 2011

It is apparent that Dr. Cooper really cares about his patients. He is knowledge and takes the time needed to explain the problem and how to best deal with it. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs a general surgeon, particularly in the are of breast cancers or other similar concerns.

|  Nicest surgeon I have ever dealt with  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2011

First, I am totally stunned by anyone that gave Dr. Cooper a single star. I have needed his services on four occasions. First, when my 17 year-old daughter needed an emergency appendectomy, from the time I first described the symptoms to him until the appendix was in a jar on the surgical table was approximately 4 hours. This is equivalent to the speed of light in the world of hospital diagnosis, admissions, and operating room scheduling. Of course, he couldn't have been kinder, and my daughter rates him as one of the world's nicest people. Second, I needed an inguinal hernia repair and found him to be totally professional as well as possessing a wonderful bedside manner. Third, when my wife had a worrisome mammogram, he could not have been more compassionate and concerned, and he "sped" her through the medical system quickly in order to demonstrate (and put us at ease) that the questionable finding was normal. If that is not enough, having used him on three occasions, I had his cell phone number, and when daughter number 2 was brought to the emergency room with serious abdominal pains and I called him to ask how to proceed, he told us what to expect and then added "I am in Alabama right now and about 3 hours away. Would you like me to come back for her?" I defy anyone to find a surgeon anywhere who will make that kind of offer! In short, you can not find a more compassionate, caring, and professional doctor on the planet.

|  Caring and professional  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2011

Dr. Cooper delivered some tough news to my wife at our first visit. We didn't leave feeling sad or helpless, however, as Dr. Cooper was very comforting and optimistic. His spirituality showed and we felt like we had a friend in this doctor. Now that my wife is fully recovered, I can honestly say that Dr. Cooper was there to walk with us throughout the entire diagnosis, prognosis, and healing process. We are blessed to have had such a caring and professional doctor whose hands we could put my wife's care.

Mar 31st, 2011

Mar 31st, 2011

Dr.Cooper was very professional. He was also caring and comforting. He is a Doctor that I put my faith in. He cares about his patients as individuals. I highly recommend him.

|  This guy needs to work on something besides people  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2010

This M.D. is dismissive, appears not to know case, speaks to patient as if assuming a person is exaggerating symptoms (for what reason I know not). After seeing him as a patient, I called his office on behalf of a patient in the course of doing my job (at a hospital), and a staff told me to not bother to send the records, "He won't read it." Nothing bugs me more than God Complex. A couple of years later, I still have the same sxs and I'm on square one. Thanks a lot, "God".

|  Mark Elbert Cooper has very poor bedside manner  |  show details
by Daughter of breast cancer patient on Nov 8th, 2009

My mother had to wait over 2 hours for her first 2 appointments with Dr. Cooper. He basically said everything you shouldn't say to a patient, such as, "Well it's big!" when he walked into the room at the 2nd visit- he was referring to the size of my mother's breast cancer. I asked about invasive versus non invasive cancer-he wrote numbers on the board that totaled 30 years- he said, "if all I had to do is look up stuff on the internet, then I wouldn't need medical school, etc". Bottom line, Dr. Mark Cooper has taken on way too many patients. He talks down to patients. He told my mother that she could have a lumpectomy or mastectomy- and that they are both "the same". When she asked what same meant, he said quote "the same, like if you have a ford taurus that is blue and one that is green." During the 2 appointments she had with Dr. Cooper, he was very uninformative. My hypothesis is that he takes on many patients and tries to "weed" out the ones he doesn't want by being very rude. In turn he gets the $40 copays. Needless to say she is going to Vanderbilt for her breast cancer diagnostics and treatment.