Dr. Mark Gerber Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Gerber?

August 29th, 2013

Great results, excellent follow up

Dr gerber was recommended by another surgeon we know. Our 5 yr old girl needed her tonsils and adenoids removed. Dr Gerber is not a touchy feely doctor but he is an excellent surgeon which is why we chose him. The staff provided great reading and prep information. (Read this thoroughly and ask questions. Dr gerber doesn't explain a ton but the materials do. He checks to make sure your questions are answered but I found the pre/post surgery reading very helpful.) I did have a question after a visit and dr gerber called me back (kinda late at night but he did call.) The surgery went very well. My daughter is recovering quickly. Dr gerber called me for follow up that night - I was impressed. The nurse called the next day and the hospital also called to make sure things went well. Great follow up! I would highly recommend this doctor.

July 24th, 2013

Not worth the wait!!!!

We waited over 1 1/2 hours without any explanation or offering to reschedule. What's more, the appt directly before ours was over 30 minutes late, and even though we were seen on time, we were made to wait even longer for them to be seen. I shutter to think that this individual does surgery and can't keep a simple schedule. Seriously, I would never have waited that long had I known. Absolutely ridiculous. He was not worth it and we will be going to a more welcoming ent!

April 22nd, 2013

Recent patient- toddler ear tube surgery

He's very polite and knowledgeable in his field, but very difficult to get a hold of. It's nearly impossible to have any follow up conversation with him if you don't have an appointment. There are a few staff members that were not helpful at all and rude. Jack was extremely helpful and made up for poor customer service we received. I also called once at 4:45PM and someone in the office hung up on me. I called again and I was switched to the answering service. The answering service indicated that they transferred the calls to them earlier then normal. I was calling to confirm an appointment I had for that coming Monday. I wasn't able to confirm.

April 8th, 2013

Run to another specialist!

I do not like writing bad reviews but feel if I didn’t write this one, some little child could get hurt. After our visits with Dr. Gerber we highly recommend to seek other specialists. He has very poor bedside manner, takes lightly important problems with our child, and implements unnessary procedures which could have resulted in life altering mistakes. Without even letting us, the parents, know what he will do to our child, Dr. Gerber has us hold down our infant to stick a sharp instrument into his ears just for us to find out at the end it was to clean his earwax! An alternative measure could have easily been taken. We are lucky that his rookie assistant held our baby’s head firmly enough because any wrong move could have resulted in puncturing his ear canal. Also, if we didn’t speak up, our child would have been unnessesarily sedated for testing that may not have resulted in any outcome anyway. Our child hears well and we have no concern. Do not be fooled by “statistics” he quotes that say parents don’t really know if their child really hears. Who wrote those statistics? Other Pediatric Otolaryngologists? If you must see this doctor, make sure that you ask: Please inform me of what you will do to my child today. Is what you are suggesting necessary? What alternatives can be done? I think Dr. Gerber really needs to act more professionally and take into consideration all the “treatments” he performs, if it is absolutely necessary, not just a reason to charge insurance. Remember in all situations with your child, you are the parent. You are your child’s advocate. Just because someone is a doctor, doesn’t mean they are good. It just means they acquired that status. Seeking a second opinion when your gut is telling you something is not right, is just good parenting.

September 4th, 2012

I'm a doctor and I sent my 3 year old to Dr. Gerber

I'm an ER doctor in Chicago, and asked all the residents who the best surgeon ENT was in Chicago (they know since they see all the surgeons) and almost all said Dr. Gerber. He did my son's adenoids and tonsils, great results. He was not a "touchy feel" doctor, but I didn't feel he rushed us. He gave us all the resources pre and post surgery, and I did call his office for a patient question, and he called me back within 30 minutes, which I thought was very reasonable for a surgeon (may have been in the OR). Anyway, he's great, personable, and most importantly, a Wonderful surgeon.

August 29th, 2012

Dr Gerber treated my twin boys. He is an excellent doctor who made sure we understood every step in the procedures he performed. He was caring, compassionate and extremely knowledgable. My boys love him.

August 23rd, 2012

Dr. Gerber has been very friendly, knowledgable, and great with follow up. He has called me at home after my son's surgery to see how we are doing and has been available to answer questions. His office staff has been particularly helpful in terms of dealing with our insurance.

April 13th, 2012

Do not see this doctor if you have a child!!!!! He and his staff are very unprofessional and misdiagnosed my very young child. When they realized their error he would not speak to us. My child lost precious time she cannot get back. Don't let your child be next.

March 27th, 2017