Dr. Mark Edney MD Patient Reviews

August 24th, 2016
I was a patient of Dr. Edney and Peninsula Urology for approximately 5 years. I have a spinal cord disorder which has caused problems which require a competent urologist. I have seen many, many doctors, survived surgeries and years of physical therapy to be able to walk. But never have I felt less cared about than the doctors and staff at this office. Dr. Edney does not take the time to listen or explain the procedures they perform, some being very invasive. On multiple occasions I was sent home without instructions or any idea what to expect from the treatment. When I called with questions or concerns during normal office hours, I was told to go to the hospital or my primary care doctor. Prior to my last visit, I discovered I had a kidney stone. Seemingly a very simple problem for a urologist. However, Dr. Edney informed me to go to my primary care doctor for treatment. And charged me for the visit. The only reason I continued seeing this doctor for so long is that they are the only urology practice in Salisbury. I have since gone across the bridge and received amazing care at both Chesapeake Urology and Johns Hopkins. I wish I had googled Dr. Edney and noticed his past malpractice lawsuits sooner, but am glad I didn't allow them to do any major surgeries. I didn't want to write this review, but after speaking to Laurie today who would not provide me with a copy of my file without a fee, I just feel others should know.

November 2nd, 2009
Dr. Edney is amazing. He is obviously very well educated in Urology but most importantly, takes time with his patients to understand their questions and fears. He is a great doctor and we are lucky to have him here in Salisbury.