Dr. Jay Evans MD Patient Reviews

• Surgery of the Hand Mechanicsville, VA

4.7

no change

June 22nd, 2016
I was impressed by his knowledge and reasonableness in handling my case. He was very caring and took time to explain things to me so I would know what I needed to do to get full function of my wrist/hand back after a nasty fall.

February 1st, 2016
excellent doctor
One of the most and personable doctors I have seen in my life, listens and explains. Hard to find these days with everyone so robotic. A true human being.

May 16th, 2015
Dr. Awesome Evans
Dr. Evans operated on me after I was brought into the hospital with a dislocated shoulder caused by another medical issue. I feel the reviews for promptness are unjust because the time Dr. Evans spent with me at my bedside explaining the injury and surgery in the hospital was Unsurpassable. He just didn't stand at the foot of my bed talking at me, he set in a chair or on the bed talking and listing to me. I have never met a doctor or any other professional with such compassion, class, humor, and the willingness to ensure I understood what was going on and that I will be as comfortable and have full use of my shoulder as possible when I am released. I will write an additional review in a couple of weeks once I am using my shoulder and arm again. I recommended Dr. Evans to anyone that is need of orthopedic surgery. What a wonderful and professional man.

June 2nd, 2012
I am an anesthesiologist who have worked wirh many orhtopods and based on being his patient and seeing his work on others, i would highly recommend him. He is caring, talented, overal a rare gem!

February 17th, 2011
The Best in all Respects
Dr. Evans has treated and operated on my sister and me, in the past few years. He is absolutely the most knowledgable, skilled, thorough, compassionate, humble and caring surgeon - and physician - that I have ever known. I would never go to any other orthopedic surgeon for my hands/arms.I am lucky and honored that he is my doctor, and consider him as part of my family which is how he views all of his patients, too, I am sure.

December 5th, 2009
Gifted
Dr. Evans is a wonderful doctor/surgeon. Quick wit, gifted hands, smart, makes you feel very comfortable, explains everything to you clearly and assists you in being part of your own care.