Orthopedic Surgeons

5315 Elliott Dr
Ste 102
Ypsilanti, MI 48197
734-434-4110
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  "I would never see this so called Dr again"  |  show details
by Angry patient on Jul 2nd, 2014

I went to Dr Falahee 6/2014, what a terrible mistake for choosen to see him. I am shocked at the way this man talks to his patients. His staff warned my husband and I before hand that he may say something about my weight. She preceded to tell us while we waited that he is known for upsetting heavier patients and has been known to make patients cry. I will be honest I didn't want to cry I wanted to punch this man right square in the face for talking to me like he did. I am ashamed for him , he should not be in the health field working. You need to be compassionate of your patients needs. I can not believe he would treat a patient like he did to me. I went to him for advise on my degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, three bulging discs, nerve root issues causing pain in my legs so that It is becoming hard towalk anymore. He was not concerned about me at all other then losing weight. He basically told me I was to fat and if I lost weight my back probably wouldn't hurt, which is not the case my MRI shows otherwise. I really didnt need to be told I was fat I knew that before I left the house . Yes, losing weight will help some but that is not what I was there for. Although I have obvious issues that are shown on my MRI. He did say that a spinal fusion is needed to be done, but was more consumed with me losing weight. I myself being a health professional was mortified the way he talked to me. I can not ever imagine talking to any of my patients in this matter. Do yourself a real favor, don't ever go see this man that calls himself a doctor, unless you would like to be humiliated and not get the results you went for to begin with, in the end you will just be more frustrated and your pain will not be resolved.

|  Do not let this butcher touch you!!!  |  show details
Mar 20th, 2014

Please do yourself a favor and see another dr, dr falahee is not only a butcher, but has no professional composure at best. He is extremely disrespectful and after my surgery with him I had more issues then when I saw him originally. Went to another doctor in the end and now I'm finally pain free. Dr Falahee wouldn't ever listen to me when I would tell hi things and would always say that my Paris normally that nerves heal slow......this man shouldn't be practicing

|  Warning!! Get 2nd opinion!!!  |  show details
by Pattie Vandling on Feb 11th, 2014

My daughter had Lumbar Microdiscectomy surgery in March 2013. Never did he offer P.T. before or after surgery and she is 23 years old! Never did he explain to her that this surgery meant removing a disc in her back. She reinjured it 2 days ago, I call and because of a balance $$$$$ they won't see her!!! Omg! This crackerjack box Dr. never offered PT I was told because he doesn't think it is very helpful! Or because it is not a $$$$$ maker for him??? Totally inept of patient concerns or needs, only cares about $$$$, looking for a good malpractice lawyer, and am following this through. Do not trust this man, wish we had gotten 2nd opinion!!! Doubt any of his credentials are valid, butcher!!

Apr 11th, 2013

I agree with the earlier review. He left me feeling abandoned, awful beside manner, couldn't care less about my issues. The wait was 1 hour and 20 minutes. Find someone better than this is my recommendation.

|  L4-L5 spinal fusion  |  show details
by Marc Possley on Feb 12th, 2013

My top recommendation goes to Dr Falahee. I am home now only 6 days after the operation and I am close to pain free. The biggest issue is I feel so good that I have to watch what I do. During the early visits and diagnosis, Dr. Falahee was very professional and gave me a great sense of confidence in him. The moment I came out of recovery I was clear headed and the pain was in control

|  Would not recommend  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2012

I had one visit with him before surgery. In now realize that was my first mistake. My lumbar decompression surgery was not successful. I was never able to see Dr. Falahee after seeing him at my bedside after surgery when he told us that he tore my dura removing a bone spur and thT caused a spinal fluxid leak whoch would cause me to lay flat and still for 48 hours til four months after surgery and when I told him I had more pain than before surgery, he only offered a major fusion that he recommended against before surgery. When I asked what else I could do, he said walk which I had been doing and to put some music on and to dance around with some weights. I asked about physical therapy but he didn't think much of P.T. And said to get a Pilates DVD and try that. He left me feeling totally abandoned and that he could care less. I am now left to my own devices to find some help. I would never recommend him and his callous, non-caring personality

Jul 27th, 2011

Dr. Falahee had a wonderful bedside manner and successfully operated on my dad, whose health problems were very complicated. We couldn't have been happier with the outcome. Months of pain before the surgery and almost none after. I would highly recommend him.

|  What bedside manner?  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2011

Dr. Falahee has a very bad bedside manner and does not choose his words carefully. On top of that he did 2 back surgeries for my mom and she is still in pain. After each of these operations, he came and talked with the family, his was very abrupt and rude and was in a very big hurry did not answer any of our questions, really did not learn anything. This happened both times. After a few months my mom had a visit after the 2nd back surgery and told him she was still in pain, he told her that she needed to deal with it and that was life. I will never recommend Dr. Falahee to anyone.

by "The Gimp" on Sep 25th, 2010

My surgery in 1990 was a total failure. I had a mini-lam. at L/5-S/1 and needed extensive re-hab that resulted in 2 additional surgeries in order to remove the remaining pieces of disc. I have permanant nerve damage in my left foot. Before he operates on you be sure to get a 2nd opinion.

|  He is great.  |  show details
by Elva Mager on Sep 13th, 2010

I have had 4 back surgeries, all done by Dr. Falahee and he was wonderful. I would not go to any other doctor. Now I am looking for a spine doctor for my mother in the Denver area and can't fine one that compares to Dr. Falahee.

|  A Really Good Spine Surgeon  |  show details
by Marty Gilmore - Clark Lake Michigan on Apr 28th, 2010

Dr. Mark Falahee operated on my lower spine in March and corrected the problems caused by two previous surgeries, excessive scar tissue and extensive Arthritic deposits. The experience was excellent and the results even better. After just two months I am walking 4 miles per day, have very little residual pain or issues and that is pretty good for a 65 year old guy who has was fat and a couch potato!Today my weight has dropped 50 pounds as of this morning and I really feel good. Obviously, I would recommend Mark Falahee to anyone who is having significant back problems. Two of my friends are already scheduled to have their first appointments.