A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Ferguson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Ferguson, Thoracic Surgeon is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Ferguson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Ferguson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Ferguson, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 23 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Adjuvant Chemotherapy
- Barrett Esophagus
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Esophageal Diseases
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Glandular Cancer (Adenocarcinoma)
- Hiatal Hernia
- Laproscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Laser Surgery
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Non-Small-Cell Lung Carcinoma)
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Pleural Empyema
- Pneumonectomy (Lung removal)
- Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- > Show all expertise
Education & Awards
Dr. Ferguson graduated from University of Chicago. He has 13 awards.
Dr. Ferguson has 2 hospital affiliations:
- The University of Chicago Medicine
- Louis A Weiss Mem Hosp, Chicago, Il
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark K Ferguson MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 35 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Mark K. Ferguson practice?
- Dr. Mark Ferguson has 2 office locations.
Dr. Mark Ferguson practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Chicago, IL.
See Chicago Cardiothoracic Surgeons.