Dr. Mark Ferguson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Ferguson?

May 27th, 2017

Brilliant, skilled, thorough, makes certain you understand it all

His work and his follow up are impeccable. Between appointments he responds quickly to answer any questions and concerns. One friend refers to him as a "magician" surgeon. She consulted him after being told that she needed a pneumonectomy. Dr, Ferguson operated and spared 98% of her lung. All my referrals to him have had excellent outcomes.

May 15th, 2015

I have all the confidence in the world in Dr Ferguson's knowledge and expertise. I would not hesitate to recommend him to family and friends. He likes to get right to the point. Some might be turned off , at times, by his abruptness. It goes without saying his professional reputation is one of the best.

April 21st, 2015

Removed tumor now wants to cut more out 3 months later.

January 28th, 2015

I had colon cancer metastasized to the lung. Dr. Ferguson operated on me in 2001 and still alive and kicking 14 years later.

December 10th, 2013

Surgeon extraordinaire

He's worth the waiting time on appointment day because you know that he will devote whatever time is necessary for you to understand your condition. He is totally honest and straightforward with a wry humor. In November, 2010, looking at several years of CT lung scans he told me, authoritatively, "We can't know whether you have cancer or not until we remove that nodule," Immediately, I felt totally safe and knew that I should set aside what seemed to me to be very good reasons for delaying surgery. I had a VATS lobectomy twelve days after that appointment and was home three days later ON Thanksgiving Day, actually. I'd sent an out of town friend to University of Chicago's pulmonary department in 2009 and Dr. Ferguson saved her life, mine, too, and many others I have referred to his exquisite care.

May 15th, 2013

May be a great surgeon but when,even after being warned and prepared, he has by far the worst bedside manner of any Dr I have ever come in contact with in my life. To quote Maya Angelou, " people will not remember what you said, they will remember how you made them feel." He should have someone else talk to patients and he should just do surgeries.

May 9th, 2013

A patient

Dr. Ferguson saved my life. I had a problem swallowing food that I hid from my family and even myself for many years. I waited for treatment so long that I almost died from it. Thank God, I was refered to him.

April 25th, 2013

I cant say enough good things about Mr Ferguson or his staff.. I will say one thing you may find yourself sitting in his waiting room watching television for longer than you would care to but trust me the wait is well worth it.. I had someone tell me that Mr Ferguson is a Scientist as well as a Surgeon and he is. He puts much thought into your care he will test your ability to be able to withstand any surgery he may do, After I completed the testing he wanted done to make sure I was able to withstand surgery I smiled when he told me I "Superseded" and would be ready to have surgery Its been a little over a year since my pneumonectomy and I feel great.. Thank You Mr Ferguson for giving me my life back.. You gave me my wings back I just needed to open them a little more.. Life smells so nice these days... Thank You Thank You..

April 18th, 2013

I have never had such little pain after a surgery. Dr. Ferguson is very skilled and I attribute that skill with the ease of my VATS surgery.

May 7th, 2012

GREAT Surgeon

Dr. Ferguson is a terrific thoracic surgeon. He performed a leubectomy on a cancerous lobe of my lung and surgery went perfectly. This man, literally, saved my life. He is brilliant, kind and has a GREAT sense of humor. He's one of those people who truly makes a difference in the world.

March 4th, 2012

I had surgery by Dr. Ferguson in 1997. Almost 15 years ago. I respected him then and now. He was everything I was looking for in a surgeon...confident, direct and kind and he saved my life. Outstanding! I would highly recommend him to a friend.

January 28th, 2012

Excellent

Highly recommended...confident and direct.