A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Fontana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Fontana is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Fontana, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontana graduated from Uniformed Services University, Bethesda. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Fontana has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital
- Bon Secours Depaul Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark A Fontana MD is a male Surgeon, has 18 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Mark A. Fontana practice?
- Dr. Mark Fontana has 7 office locations.
Dr. Mark Fontana practices Surgery near Norfolk, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Virginia Beach, VA and Chesapeake, VA.
See Norfolk Surgeons.