A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Fontana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Fontana is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fontana
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Fontana Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Fontana, MD is board certified in Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Gastric Bypass (Gastrojejunostomy)
- Weight Loss Surgery (Bariatric Surgery)
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontana graduated from Uniformed Services University, Bethesda. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Fontana has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Sentara Norfolk Genl Hosp
- Chesapeake Regional Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark A Fontana MD is a male Surgeon, has 19 years of experience and practices in Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Mark A. Fontana practice?
- Dr. Mark Fontana has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Fontana practices Surgery near Norfolk, VA.
See Norfolk Surgeons.