Dr. Mark Ganjianpour MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Los Angeles, CA

3.8

March 19th, 2016
Excellent experience and treatment!
I am very fortunate as I have never really injured myself until recently when I blew out my knee. I was referred to Dr. Ganjianpour from my regular Dr. and I was nervous as I did not know him or even what I was supposed to do or expect. My experience from the very beginning has been stellar. The office is conveniently located, parking is easy, the support team was great. I did not have too wait long and the Dr. was prompt and had a great bedside manner. Many Drs. today are in and out as fast as possible, but Dr. Ganjianpour was not. He took time to get to know me personally and also spent time reviewing my accident and my medical history. He was professional and polite, but most importantly, he took them time to review with me what he thought was my problem, what my options were and what where the next steps. He answered my questions and educated me on the problem and the solutions. One of the best Drs. experience I have ever had. In addition, he diagnosed my problem, clear directions on treatment and I am improving daily following his recommendations. His staff was fast to follow up and when I called with questions, they answered the call directly and helped me immediately. If you find yourself unfortunately injured and want expert treatment and especially respect with you situation...I highly recommend Dr. Ganjianpour and his team!

March 6th, 2016
From a recommendation from my primary physician, I’ve been going to Dr. Ganjianpour for the last eight months for shoulder joint deterioration and a torn meniscus in my right knee. I had anxiety about having surgery but Dr. G. and his entire team, Alisia, Carlos, and staff gave caring advice and assistance to me from my first appointment, to surgery to recovery. Dr. G listened to my questions and in his soothing voice took the time to explain my symptoms and the surgery process. I gained his trust and the surgery was flawless. Not only that, he videotaped and narrated the surgery so that I later I could watch the entire procedure on DVD. It was so fantastic! A few weeks later my sister had the same knee surgery so I showed her the DVD, which gave her comfort going into her surgery. After each of my surgeries, I went to Physical Therapy at Tower Orthopaedics, Dr. Ganjianpour’s facility. My PT was Zack and the attention to the care he gave me, spending time working on strengthening my shoulder and knee and returned my range of motion without pain. The results have been remarkable and extraordinary for me and thanks to Dr. G. and his wonderful staff who work at the front desk, the patient rooms, and of course all the PT staff, Zach, Al and Rosa. I have returned to both running and lifting weights again. Dr. Ganjianpour is an honest man and I absolutely recommend him. He knows his business.

September 20th, 2010
He snapped at me on three separate occasions. Each time he left the room without making sure I understood my condition and did not tell me what he thought would be the best approach to handle my injuries. He is moody and comes across as someone who does not care about the wellbeing of his patients. I will never recommend family and friends to such an insensitive personHis staff is unfriendly and careless as he is.

March 19th, 2010
Dr. Mark Ganjianpour is great, can't thank him enough!
I'm an experienced runner and I took a pretty nasty tumble on a trail while training for a marathon. Fast forward about a year, and my knee was not in good shape. Used to be I could run 14-15 miles without thinking twice, but since my fall, I couldn't do 2 miles without my knee stiffening up to the point of pain.Reluctantly giving in to necessity, I went and got my knee x-rayed and MRI'd at a clinic that shall remain nameless. The surgeon walked into the room, looked at my MRI for 20 seconds without acknowledging me, then said "I've seen 3 of these in the last 10 years, and operating on it won't help." Then he walked out without further ado.I went to Dr. Ganjianpour for a second opinion, and my experiences with him couldn't have been farther away from that first consult. He was patient and thorough in the exam room, and insisted on a course of physical therapy before operating on my knee.The PT didn't alleviate the problem, so we scheduled the surgery. He went in, found the cyst & torn cartilege that was causing the problem, patched everything up, and gave me a DVD of the whole process.Every meeting I had with Dr. Ganjianpour was very re-assuring. He was patient, took the time to ask me some questions, listen to my questions, and thoroughly explain the treatment options. If there is a television fantasy of what doctors should be like, Dr Ganjianpour was the embodiment of it for me.Now my knee is back to 100%, I'm running half-marathons and gruelling trail runs like the whole injury never happened.

March 6th, 2010
Hugh
I injured my knee while playing soccer and was in pain and unable to walk properly. I asked my friends for recommendation for a good orthopedic sports medicine doctor. Two of them recommended Dr. Ganjianpour to me. I went to see him for the initial exam and follow up MRI review. He diagnosed me with an ACL tear and meniscus tear and recommended reconstruction. He went through various options, technologies, and risk and benefits. I went to a second opinion surgeon who diagnosed me with the same thing, but did not add anything new and I did not feel as confident with the second doctor. I had my ACL reconstructed about 5 months ago by Dr. Ganjianpour and I am finishing rehab now. He has a list of his preferred therapist all over the city and my progress has been great. He turned an awful situation to a hopeful environment and allowed me to have the mental readiness to go through surgery and recover.

March 1st, 2010
Good Physician
Dr. Ganjianpour's office provided me with an emergency appointment for my painful shoulder. I had to wait a bit to see him, but the waiting room was comfortable and there was a TV with CNN on to pass the time. While waiting, I got to know a few of his patients that had surgery with him. Their impressions were universally positive. He diagnosed my condition accurately, ordered the necessary tests which he reviewed with me during my follow up appointment, and treated me with respect and care. My experience was equally positive to the patients that I met in the waiting room. I would go back and recommend him to others without hesitation.

July 31st, 2009
3 hours total waiting for two 5-minute appts.
They validate parking for 2 hours, but I still had to pay $3 because my ticket said 2 hours 24 minutes. I waited two hours to see the doctor and he was short with me, uncaring...said xrays were inconclusive so i needed an MRI...said my ACL was likely torn...then on second visit I waited an hour to see him. he said my MRI was inconclusive and that I needed arthroscopic surgery just to see whats going on. My ACL was fine and he didn't even mention the loose body he said was in my initial xray. it was obvious he had not reviewed my films until he walked into the exam room with me. I took my MRI films with me and left without any intention to return. There is no way I would let this guy introduce more trauma to my knee while I'm unconscious.