Dr. Mark Geller MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

no change

August 5th, 2016
Took 3 weeks and repeated phones calls to get lab results. He never followed up on my treatment despite repeated phone exchange messages. Impossible to speak to a live person there. Told me my parathyroid adenoma and huge thyroid nodule was anything to worry about and never followed up with treatment.

May 5th, 2016
I have been a patient of Dr. Geller for many years. He is caring, compassionate and competent. Personally, I really enjoy him and have a lot of respect for him. However, there is a serious problem with the office secretarial/assistant staff and the doctor's follow-up. First, the doctor's secretary/assistant never answers the phone. Regardless of how long you wait on the line, she will never pick up, forcing you to leave a message asking them to call back. The office recording says they will call you back within one hour, but that rarely happens. So it is difficult to make an appointment, Second, despite the doctor's assurance that he will advise you of lab test results at a certain time, he routinely fails to call, answer your call or return your call. Usually it takes repeated calls to get his response. Unfortunately, over the last 2 weeks, I have made repeated calls to Dr. Geller's office to call me about and fax me the lab test results he said would be ready by the first call I made last week, but he has not responded or faxed the results to me. I suspect it is because his secretary/assistant is too lazy and insensitive to follow-up with my calls (let alone other patients' calls), but that is Dr. Geller's ultimate responsibility. Based on these unpleasant, frustrating experiences, reluctantly I will be changing my doctor.

October 16th, 2015
While Dr. Geller has a pleasant bedside manner and generally seems to be knowledgeable in his profession, I find visiting his office to be an underwhelming experience. I have been seeing this doctor for a couple of years for diabetes and the office has none of the modern technology used in other practices for downloading data from blood glucose meters, etc., and seem to rely solely on quarterly blood tests. This is okay, but I've never felt like the doc really knows me or my specific case. Each time I've had an appointment I've been asked by the nurse, "What brings (me) in today," which I find to be incredibly annoying as one would think they could simply look at my chart to gather this information. The office staff are professional but appear to be miserable - there's not a smile in the place. On average I don't see the doctor until 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time. Not terrible, but not great, which is an accurate evaluation of the office as a whole.

March 17th, 2015
I was a patient for about 10 years. Dr Geller is a good physician and follows up himself. His office and staff are terrible! You call and only get a message, no one ever answers the phone. You then wait a day for a call back. They also like to many extra procedures so they can increase your bill. Their equipment looks like is from the 1960's.

July 23rd, 2014
The most careless doctor I ever met
I have no words to describe how I feel about this doctor. Would never recommend this physician to anyone, who has life or death decision to make.

June 26th, 2012
No one answers when you call!
Dr. Geller was great, but making an appointment is a nightmare. You can never call and speak to someone. You always get an answering machine, have to leave a message and wait for them to call you back. Such a shame to have to leave a Doctor due to poor office procedures

September 25th, 2010
Had seen some other reviews and was hesitant to make appointment. However, I did not have any problem making an appointment. The wait time was slightly shorter than average. The office personal were fairly responsive. The Dr.'s nurse (Rhea) was very personable, friendly, and thorough. The overall experience was fine. Maybe the only drawback would be the parking facility and that you have to pay for parking at the medical center.

June 30th, 2010
Dr. Geller gets great ratings from me. However, the office staff is horrible. Dr. Gellers secretary NEVER answers the phone, the billing lady is extremely unprofessional and the officer Manager Nancy should not be a manager. Nancy has little patience, inturupts while your speaking, has NO listening skills and made a bad situation worse. She should not be a manager!!!

January 8th, 2009
Nice doctor. Dreadful, rude, impatient staff, with the exception of Dr Geller's nurse/assistant who is great. Very much an assembly line atmosphere due to bad staff attitude. Once you are in, Dr Geller takes his time,is very patient and knowledgeable.