A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Gilger:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Gilger is Excellent.
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Gilger, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Digestive System Endoscopy (EGD)
- Esophageal Diseases
- Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- H. Pylori bacteria (Helicobacter Infections)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gilger graduated from Creighton University, Omaha.
Dr. Gilger has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Ben Taub General Hospital
- The Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gilger accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 10 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 1 plan
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 1 plan
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans