Dr. Mark Gloss MD Patient Reviews

3.1
  • 7 reviews

November 3rd, 2014
I was helped by this very dedicated psychiatrist when no one else could.

December 4th, 2013
He saved my life. Many Times. He gave me my life back. Still does.
I have been very fortunate to have met Dr. Mark R. Gloss. Many years ago, I was a small time celebrity...and mis diagnosed by three doctors...and being pumped full of Prozac, Thorazine, and dangerous Klonopin. Dr Gloss almost intuitively realized that I was wildly Manic Depressive...I would be hospitalized after crashing. He stands beside me to this day...and he helped me conquer my demons of drugs and alcohol addiction as well as my mental illness....with therapy and medicine. He does both. That is rare. He is the best.

November 16th, 2013
Keep Looking
I met with Dr. Gloss once for an evaluation of TMS. I am not a very organized person but his waiting room was dreary and I could hear his staff talking to each other. When I met with Dr. Gloss he was pleasant and polite but he seemed almost robotic in his questions about my history and what I was looking for. I found his office extreemly upsetting in that it was a total mess and the blinds were pulled down and it was dark and dreary. He explained the treatment and said it would be 5 times a week (which is a typical course) and then I would need to meet with him once a week. He was very clear that he would do anything he could to get my insurance to cover it. I signed up for the treatment and was waiting to get an appointment but after I was home and had a day to think it over I just got this creepy feeling and dread that I would have to go there so many times a week (and I'm only 10 minutes away). I felt a great relief when I told them I was not interested in the treatment at that time. I'm looking for another facility to have the treatment done

July 24th, 2011
Dr. Gloss is very knowledgeable. He is a psychiatrist, thus deals more in medications then therapy although I find him very caring and thoughtful when we meet. He is great with getting refills and making changes as needed. His staff is very helpful in submitting claims for reimbursement with my out-of-network insurance. I highly recommend him.

May 5th, 2011
Very intelligent man who knows his business. His staff is very nice and easy to talk with also.

April 29th, 2011
Dr. Gloss does not provide any real therapy and charges a fortune for 20 mins of help. He does not provide any help and just pushes the patient to take pills. The office is a mess and they are bad at following up with patients.

September 24th, 2009
Dr Gloss is very dedicated to his specialty and is current on the latest medications that may be usedful. He has 20 minute appts. which are short and abrupt but he knows his business. It is difficult to get a specific time to see him however, he does have times early morning thru the evening.