Mark A Gonzalgo, MD, PHD
Urologist

875 Blake Wilbur Dr
Stanford, CA 94305
650-725-5544
Locations and availability (2)

|  "The Best Doctor in the World !"  |  show details
by BBrenes for Job Sigua on Jun 21st, 2013

My father, Job Sigua was diagnosed with bladder cancer almost 4 years ago. We were lucky to be able to get second opinion. We met with Dr. Gonzalgo. I have done reseach about him and I am very impressed. My father was 83 years old then. For most hospital we checked, we felt that his age made a difference on the advice we got. Like he lived a good life. When we met with Dr. Gonzalgo,we were so happy to feel hope and he was so positive that my father will get better. We never felt that before because of his age it would be risky. We did have challenges with my father as far as the surgery. Dr. Gonzalgo initially used other options. He was honest with us that the only way my father will get better was the surgery. My father would not submit himself to surgery until he started to feel the unbearable pain. And the cancer was getting worse. Even, the last minute, my father was still hesitant. The last decision was no surgery. I was shocked with my father's decision. I gave up. On the other hand I told myself that I will be sorry if I let this happened. I spoke to Dr. Gonzalgo to give us a few days. That we need his help to fight this deadly disease. Again, the Doctor with such a big heart of helping people, said yes. When my father's pain became worse, he then said please remove this bladder. Right away the Doctor did the surgery. It was very successful my father was walking around the same day even in his age. Dr. Gonzalgo at the same time has to go to a conference and he told me to contact him if something happen. He was still monitoring my father then. My father wanted to leave the hospital early. It was a big mistake. The following day my mother called 911 to take my father to the emergency. They don't know how to deal with my father there. The Doctor at the emergency told me that my father was dying. I contacted Dr. Gonzalgo. This is what I want everybody to know. Dr. Gonzalgo sent a helicopter to the emergency hospital and took my father back to his care. How many Doctors in the world will do that? It was a matter of hours my father will be gone. Instead, he was stable and when he woke up the first person he saw was Dr. Mark Gonzalgo, smiling at him. My father broke down in tears and said, you saved my life twice! My father is just an ordinary person to be picked up in a helicopter. He is on medicare. He is not a King or even a rich person but we got this special care from this wonderful Doctor. Dr. Gonzalgo is a very genuine person. He has so much respect for human life. Doctor comes with high education and all the tools they need when they graduate. But how many comes with extraordinary talent in saving lives, a big heart, a Doctor that will go above and beyond to save the patients in their care ? My father tells everyone that Dr. Mark Gonzalgo, the Best Doctor in the World! How many of you agree? My father is 88 years old now and to date he is cancer free, Thank you so much to the "Best Doctor in the World" wherever you go we will always remember you. The Doctor's confidence is very high because he knows that he is really talented,skilled and he continues to be competitive to deliver the best patient care!

|  show details
by Anthony Lehrer on Jun 7th, 2013

I highly recommend Dr. Mark Gozalgo. Once I received the diagnosis of prostate cancer and was given the initial course of treatment (retro pubic prostatectomy) my wife and I did some research and came across Stanford University Urology and Dr. Gonzalgo. We met with him and were immediately impressed by his ability to convey confidence without arrogance. The robotic Da Vinci surgery went flawlessly and I was released from the hospital the very next day and even able to drive home to Oregon a day later. All of the professionals at Stanford from the surgical team, the nursing and administrative staff, to the valets executed their duties with the highest degree of competence and professionalism. I highly recommend to any man faced with this type of procedure to strongly consider this team.

|  Perfect Partner in Health  |  show details
Mar 21st, 2011

Dr. Gonzalgo is, without question, a model of exceptional medical care. Extraordinarily competent (you will know within a few minutes), genuinely interested in you and your health (vs focusing on his approach) and compassionate. In seeking treatment for prostate cancer, I was fortunate to be able to seek second opinions at a number of truly excellent facilities across the USA. By comparison, Dr. Gonzalgo always spoke with me - and my family - in ways to demonstrate confidence, optimism (without false hope) and a positive future, this in comparison to many who stressed the severity of the disease and "potential or likely" risks. His concern for you will not be based upon graduating from a "charm school for surgeons", but a straightforward discussion and authentic commitment to your health. If you could design a partner for your health, Dr. Gonzalgo would be a perfect model. I am, and you will be, fortunate to have him on your side. Thanks to him, and his entire team.

|  An AMAZING Doctor  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2010

I would recommend Dr Gonzalgo to any one with a family member that learns they need surgery!!! The compassion and care we received from him was amazing. He even called the house afterwards to check on my father. I appreciate everything Mark did for our family and we will be seeing him again for any future problems we have. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

|  Patient - Randy Lapadula  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2010

Upon meeting and hearing what Dr. Gonzalgo had to say about my illness, I felt less concerned, due to the fact he made me feel he cared about what happened to me as a person and patient, he did it in a professional manner, with feeling. He is easy to talk to and question about your illness, and most helpful about what to expect. Thank you doc.

|  show details
by Tony Martinez on Jun 8th, 2009

Dr Gonzalgo is one of the best I have come to know. I looked forward to seeing him when required because he made me feel at ease with his combination of expertise, humanness, and kindness

|  Caring and responsive  |  show details
by wife of Jerry on Mar 29th, 2009

Dr. Gonzalgo has a wonderful bedside manner, excellent training (Johns Hopkins and Sloan-Kettering) and is always available to patients. He takes the worry out of the situation which really helps with anxiety.