Dr. Mark Goodson MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

December 28th, 2016
Dr. Goodwin is great. He is very knowledgeable , professional and caring. I would highly recommend him.

August 26th, 2016
Problem if you're not a success case
I think the office is run well and the staff courteous. The problem is that if the regimen he develops for you doesn't produce results i.e. Pain reduction) , then he drops you like a hot potato without any explanation, cause, or direction. In my view it is tantamount to medical abandonment. You are now back to where you started only hundreds of dollars lighter in your wallet. Where's the compassion for patients experiencing chronic pain?

August 16th, 2016
Fantastic doctor.great manners .and spends enough time on you.

March 14th, 2016
Unprofessional
I have been going to doctors for 30 years due to my disability. I work 60 + hours a week and do my part in contribution to Society. I have been going to an amazing pain Doctor back home and recently moved here and started seeing Goodson. I will not put a DR. In front of his name because he is NOT one. A real doctor listens to their patient and helps them but this guy doesn't! I'm assuming he just likes his paycheck and his title. At my previous pain Doctor it took me 3 months to get on the correct medications so I could continue to work hard at my jobs and balance life. I have now moved here and go to this guy who switches everything on me and cause me to miss work and put my job and health benefits on the line. I tried to explain this to him and he brushed it off and stated he would not continue my regamin because he doesn't believe in short acting medicine and my previous routine that worked for me for 3 years. He insisted on putting me on a medication that made me a zombie and extremely sick coasting me to miss work. I tried to tell him I could literally aford to do that and he interrupted me and said he only believed in long acting medicine only and I could go somewhere else. So I did and I get everything I need to continue what my amazing Doctor back home set me up on! There's nothing good about Goodson. He doesn't listen the the patient needs. Everyone is different and he could care less!

January 27th, 2016
I saw Dr. Goodson due to years of chronic pain from several surgeries etc. I walked in the door expecting to fill out paperwork I was told by the receptionist that because I had been there before I did not need to fill out anything. That was my first mistake. I took all of my medications to the appt. they counted them and this Dr. on my first visit asked me who prescribed my pain medication which by the way was a very low dose. I thought is this a trick question because you just looked at the bottle. My fourth visit Meghan went into overdrive saying the pain meds were not on the list. I said they have to be I bring them each time. She was really rude/hateful. Dr. Goodson came in like a bull in a china shop with questions of addiction and if anyone in my family was addicted to anything. I was treated like I was a low down dirty drug addict. I canceled an appt. and rescheduled for a day after Christmas. I was just getting over a horrible case of Lichen Planus covering most of my body, I was afraid the steroids from the epidural would cause a reaction and I did not want to go through the holidays with that again. Meghan/nurse didn't bother to put in my medical records that I rescheduled they just noted that I canceled because I didn't want to go through LP. He threw a fit and of course they didn't have the information that I rescheduled in the notes. He walked out to ask if I had an appt. on the 28th. The office staff is very inept he would tell me one thing and Meghan would say that doesn't matter. In all the years of going to physicians everyone of them would to this day say I am not a pill taker or abuser. My husband was so upset with their behavior toward the end of my appt. he asked if I really wanted to have the epidural done. When we walked through the hallway to reception, Meghan was telling the receptionist everything. That is a violation of my HIPPA rights. My husband and I discussed on the way home that I should have never been treated that way, he was very upset with them, he was afraid to let someone who gets that mad to put a needle in my neck. Nothing in my medical record is correct. I am debating on how to handle this as I talked with Meghan about my information not being correct and she couldn't have cared less. I saw this Dr. years earlier and he was nothing like this. I was given a script for a box of patches and had two left from a previous. I took the script back to him along with the two patches I had. I spent a large amt. of money with co-pays and medicines that was nothing but a waste. They had me down for back to back appts. in the month of Dec. They are ill prepared and lack the knowledge other Drs. office staff have.

November 20th, 2015
Dr. Goodson is an excellent doctor. He is very thorough and very precise. A very dedicated doctor.

March 30th, 2015
IF YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT ADDRESSING YOUR PAIN PROBLEM, DR GOODSON IS ONE OF THE BEST PHYSICIANS TO HAVE ON YOUR TEAM. iF YOU ARE NOT SERIOUS ABOUT GETTING BETTER THEN YOU WILL FIND DR GOODSON TOO DIRECT. HE IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER BEEN TREATED BY. HE WILL FIND THE PROBLEM AND ADDRESS IT OR FIND THE SPECIALIST THAT WILL HELP YOU.

March 7th, 2014
Excellent Doctor. Very knowledable, lots of experience and good bedside manner. He is strict and makes patients accountable for their part of rehabilitation and other methods of pain management other than pain meds. Excellent at giving injections resulting in good pain relief. He seems to enjoy his job and likes to see improvement in patients recovery/pain management status.

July 22nd, 2013
Terrible bedside manner!!! Very rude and condesending! Wouldnt refer him at all!!!

May 11th, 2013
Professional and Well Run Practice
Like a finely oiled machine - his office is efficient, his staff expert in the running of his practice, and Dr. Goodson, himself, a highly skilled, competent and effective doctor who practices in the very challenging field of chronic pain control.

April 19th, 2012
best pain doctor in state

March 19th, 2012
One of the finest, professional doctors I have visited
I was referred to Dr. Goodson by my primary physician. I have found him to be an excellent, no-nonsence physician that has helped me tremendously. He knew exactly what test to perform to confirm my situation and then proceeded to provide the proper medication that now allows me to function as I once did before I was hit with the disabling pain of neck stenosis.I would recommend him to anyone who suffers with chronic pain. We don't have to live like that - and I have Dr. Mark Goodson to thank for that!