Overall Review

October 26th, 2016
Exceeded my expectations
Dr. Gorovoy performed lens replacement and DSAEK on my right eye. Prior to the surgery, he reviewed all test results and answered all my questions. The results of the surgery are unbelievable. His office staff is friendly and helpful. I am excited to get my other eye treated.

September 30th, 2016
Fantastic results from cataract surgery
Dr. Gorovoy's staff is exceptional. They are courteous, efficient and very professional. After my cataract surgery and Toric lens implants, I am able to see without glasses or contact lenses. Dr. Gorovoy is a miracle worker, I am so happy I was highly recommended to his practice. I would recommend him to everyone I know. Thank you Dr. Gorovoy !

September 20th, 2016
You can't beat the best
It is likely impossible to do better in choosing a doctor if your condition involves either glaucoma or the cornea, than selecting Dr Gorovoy to take care of you. In his field he's the tops. I base my opinion on my remarkable experience. I came to him legally blind (20/220}. My post op accuity is 20/30, almost perfect. He did this via a procedure called DSAEK--of which he is one of the world's leading authorities. So much so that other opthomalogists take workshops from him to learn his techniques. I am usually a low key person and rarely use hyperbole, but when someon has given your life back, I cannot curb my enthusiasm. In my opinion, if he can't help you, the only thing left is prayer.

May 13th, 2016
Dr. Gorvoy has made a big difference with my vision and my eye comfort.

April 20th, 2016
I was so pleased with Dr. Gorovoy's office staff from the front desk to all the technicians. When I had any questions, they responded back to me very quickly and were courteous, helpful and answered the concerns I had. All staff and nurses at the Surgery Center were professional and put me at ease before my surgery. Thank you Dr. Gorovoy for your expertise. I would recommend you and your staff to anyone who had problems with their eyes.

January 11th, 2016
Totally disappointed
Cataract surgery! I wanted the best. So I chose Dr. Gorovoy My eyes are worse now than when I started this process. My advice is to get a second opinion before you do any cataract procedures here. I had had Lasik surgery earlier and know that it could be an issue, but never did I expect that " I chose the wrong package" and my eyes would be worse than ever. If I chose the most expensive package $4500 (extra) , I am sure the results would be the same and for a mere $1100 per eye, I could now have refraction/lasik surgery. I chose the Aspheric Package for $1200 that I paid out of pocket because "insurance wouldn't cover the test that were $535" and "high definition lens". I paid cause I was at the "best" Dr. in SW Florida! Techs did everything and in all my visits I am sure I didn't see Dr. for a total of 30 min. They said paper work said I would need glasses after procedure...thought it would be reading glasses! Nope, can't see far away!! and see three images at night and two images in daylight! They are sorry. I say get a second opinion before you lay out your extra money..

May 30th, 2014
so thankful i was referred to this practice!! on my way to regaining good vision!!

July 11th, 2013
yes the waiting room was full, there are 2 surgeons seeing patients at the same time, yes the wait was above average, yes Dr. Gorovoy is all medicine-BUT that is what i want when dealing with cornea and glaucoma issues! i would rather have someone who is like this and get a correct diagnosis and treatment plan than someone who holds my hand and isn't as good at diagnosis and treating my problems. The staff is very kind and courteous and spends time with you--Dr. Gorovoy has told me before-you wait to see me because i will not turn patient's away-there are many patients that fly in from all over the world to see this award winning surgeon-i understand his daughter is just as exceptional--my opinion most of the time anything worth having is worth the wait---especially when it comes to your eyes!

April 16th, 2013
Superior Physician
Dr. Mark Gorovoy is a superior physician. I have been a patient of his for approximately ten years. He was able to diagnose my degenerative eye condition within minutes of seeing me where several other physicians were often unsure for various amounts of time. He is friendly and I feel his medical knowledge, especially in the field of ophthalmology, is unparalleled. He is concise with explanations and great at educating patients on treatment options. I trust his offices ophthalmic expertise to the point that I gladly drive three hours to appointments.

March 26th, 2013
Best Care
Dr. Gorovoy explains the procedures that will be done. He thoroughly tested my eyes and did not pressure me to have tests done. I feel very fortunate to have found such a skilled and Knowledgeable ophthalmologist I recommend him very highly!

May 25th, 2011
Exceptional cornea surgeon
I fly from NYC to have him take care of my cornea problems. His methods are unique and well regarded among corneal speacialists.

April 19th, 2011
awesome surgeon!!!!
so thankful i was referred to this practice---he is A++ in diagnosing and treating!!!