Dr. Mark Montgomery MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

October 13th, 2016
Saved my hearing
I woke up one morning unable to hear out of one ear and called for an appointment; despite their full schedule, she insisted I come in immediately, and they fit me in. Dr. Montgomery diagnosed a virus that had settled in my inner ear, gave me a steroid injection in the inner ear instead of orally. It saved my hearing. He was thoroughly professional, direct about my chances, but also kind. The follow up was thorough, and he took time to explain what had happened and why immediate attention had been critical. He and his entire staff were professional, alert to my needs, and friendly. I'm so appreciative that they were!

November 19th, 2015
Bad service all way around
I had visited two MD's before my GP referred me to dr Motgomery. Everything was complicated. He does work with my insurance but still the clerk asked me to confirm with my insurance that he was on my network. That is a pain and usually it is up to the MD's assistant to take care of that but she wanted me to do her work. During the appointment de hardly talked to me. Never checked my sinus although I told him I had had a surgery before and was congested. They knew what my problem was and that I was taking meds and still I could not have a culture taking due to the meds having to return the day after for the collection. Montgomery told me the result would come out on Friday or Monday and they would call me. By Tuesday afternoon I called them and they had the results but never called me. I told them of my disappointment. The MD saw me for less than five minutes for an issue that was going on for 6 weeks, and never called me back after the testing was concluded. They will never see me again.

August 4th, 2015
Excellent ENT - especially for Sinusitis and allergies
Both Dr. Maontgomery and Jan Dolan (PA) are thorough, clear, kind, and helpful health professionals. I have been a patient for years, have seen them both, and have never had a problem or concern.

March 31st, 2014
PLEASE, SEEK ADVICE OF A MORE PROFESSIONAL DR. AND STAFF !!! AFTER $700 OUT OF POCKET, I WAS TOLD TO GET A SECOND OPINION. I WAS TREATED BY HIS P.A. WHO PRESRCIBED THE WRONG ANTIBIOTICS THE FIRST TIME AROND ALONG WITH A DOSE OF STEROIDS. THE SECOND APPOINTMENT SHE DID A CULTURE WHCH SHOULD HAVE BEEN DONE IN THE BEGINNING INSTEAD OF TELLING ME I HAD FLORIDA EARS ... A SECOND SET OF STEROIDS WERE PRESCRIBED AND ANOTHER ANTIBIOTIC ... WHICH IF A CULTURE HAD BEEN DONE THE FIRST TIME AROUND, SHE WOULD HAVE KNOWN WHAT TO PRESCRIBE BASED ON THE RESULTS. I HAVE REMAINED IN PAIN SINCE, MY EARS HAVE NEVER STOPPED OOZING PUS, AND THREE CALLS LATER, I REQUESTED TO SPEAK WITH DR. MONTGOMERY WHO BASICALLY TOLD ME TO SEEK ANOTHER OPINION ... MIND YOU, HE NEVER OFFERED TO EVEN SEE ME AS HE TRUSTED HIS P.A. .... I WILL SEEK ANOTHER E.N.T AND I URGE ALL TO DO THE SAME. THIS WAS ONE OF THE MOST IMCOMPETENT PRACTICES I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED !!!

July 20th, 2012
he did not listen, care or spend any time . miss diagnos..with TMJ

July 2nd, 2012
Excellent diagnostician
I had been to at least four other ENT's before being referred to Dr. Montgomery. Besides being very pleasant, I found him to be thorough and patient in his diagnosis which ultimately solved some issues I had been dealing with for a long time. I would recommend him to anyone and everyone.

June 21st, 2012
Felt he was rude and arrogant. Would not go back or refer anyone to his office.

June 9th, 2012
Insensitive
We felt the doctor was very judgmental and insensitive to hearing loss. He didn't bother to even read the chart before coming into the room and didn't know important facts as he examined. He's moody. Make your appointment on Friday instead of a Monday. The office staff is excellent and very helpful. We changed doctors and found and excellent, caring one.

March 16th, 2012
allergies
This doctor attended me was very arrogant treated me as if my problem wasn't his priority..probably because I was a different race . - just something to think about. now his physician assistant don't remember her name was very nice and polite i rather see her instead..

January 15th, 2012
Physician Assistant and LPN seem to be knowledgable but they are condescending and abrupt.

April 6th, 2017