A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Townsend:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Townsend is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Townsend
Bipolar Disorder Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications of bipolar disorder by reading our BD patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Townsend Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
ADHD in Adults
Major Depressive Disorder
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Townsend, MD is board certified in Psychiatry.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Mental Disorders
- Panic Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Townsend graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Townsend has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Touro Infirmary
- Med Ctr Of Louisiana New Orlea, New Orleans, La
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Harold Townsend MD is a male Psychiatrist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Psychiatry.
- Where does Dr. Mark H. Townsend practice?
- Dr. Mark Townsend has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Townsend practices Psychiatry near New Orleans, LA.
See New Orleans Psychiatrists.