Dr. Mark Hadfield MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

September 12th, 2016
Knee problems
Called Dr. Hadfield's office and got appointment for the very next day appointment was at 10 o'clock got there early around 855 in case I had to fill out paperwork Dr Hadfield saw me 905 way before my appointment was scheduled very kind and courteous gentleman very smart intelligent and professional individual tried inavsive treatments at first didn't work went back in a month definitely need total knee replacement don't think I would trust any other doctor in the country to do the surgery other than Dr Hadfield

July 13th, 2016
Did not help me
I saw this doctor for what turned out to be a complex, unique injury (resolved by another doctor I saw later). I felt like I was a bother to him, and that he was distracted during my visit. He was speaking with a nurse (or someone else) that interrupted a few times, and he checked his smart phone during our conversation as well. He told me that he could give me an injection but that "you'll always have this problem, the injection won't last." No images or other tests were run. My problem was later resolved by another doctor who performed a successful surgery. I trust he is probably a good guy, probably a good family guy, but I would not return to him if I had another shoulder problem.

May 31st, 2016
Great doctor and great staff!
Dr. Hadfield and his team did a great job on my arm. I had an emergency and they fit me in right away. He told me about my condition and gave me different treatment options with his recommendation. I felt very comfortable with him. I would recommend him to anyone!

March 22nd, 2016
Karin
He beautifully & skillfully restored ankle function after a very serious fracture and dislocation

April 29th, 2015
We were a bother
His bedside manner is awful. Was not forth coming with information. When I asked if my son needed to have surgery he told me people in third world countries can live their whole lives with this type of injury. Had trouble scheduling an appointment because initially we did not know my son's knee was broken. Dr. Hadfield "squeezed" us in and we felt like we bothering him and we had upset the apple cart by changing our appointment instead of just waiting 4 days for them to see my son with a broken knee. Awful.

June 27th, 2013
Excellent Dr.
I shattered my knee and split my leg down the middle in 1986. Had been working with another Dr for years who was also excellent (another state). My knee started acting up again when we moved to VA and I had to find another Dr. I met Dr. Hadfield who took extra time to look me over and complimented the oher Dr at that time for his work stating the surgeries that had been doen in the past were very difficult. He gave me my options and I opted to have the surgery to clean up my knee. Been fine for over 5 years now. During our initial visit together; before I had even finisished telling him all the details about my knee...he was already wriiting me up a handicapped license application! This guy is excellent!

February 7th, 2013
I highly recommend Dr. Hadfield.
Excellent experience with Dr. Hadfield. He took time to meet with me, explained the diagnosis so I could understand it clearly and clearly offer me my options. He acted immediately when I made a decision on following one of the options without the need for another appointment, he did it right during the same appointment. On further follow up he again took the time to explain my options and the urgency or not of each one of them. He also made clear what were the chances of success with each option and let me take whatever time I needed to make an informed decision, no pressure to do anything but sufficient information for me to decide what to do. He also cover the recovery expectations and possible complications to detail. I'm very pleased with Dr. Hadfield and highly recommend him to anybody who may be looking for a doctor in this specialty.