Surgeons
University of AL Health Service Foundation-Pediatricss
2000 6th Ave S
Birmingham, AL 35233
800-822-8816
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

• Currently 3.1320754716981 of 4 stars
  • Currently 3.4193548387097 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  RUN!!!!!  |  show details
Jul 20th, 2014

I do not know how Dr. Hadley has ever practiced medicine on anyone or has even kept a staff. While my husband, my daughter, and myself were waiting on Dr. Hadley, we heard him shouting at another patient. We knew then we were doomed. We even considered walking out, but heard him storm out of the patient room and begin shouting at one of his employees. It didn't stop there. When he walked into the room my husband was in, he was rude, condescending, bullying, and outright obnoxious. This man has SERIOUS mental issues, and is a ticking time bomb. I would never trust this man to do surgery on any of my family members or enemies if I have any. I would strongly advise a person to seek out another physician as I am not writing this for my health. I will pray that he can get the mental help he needs.

|  Miracle Man  |  show details
by M. Barber on May 2nd, 2014

At my consultation visit ( Dec., 2013), both my Dad and I were over whelmed with his assurance that he could help me after having previously reviewed my CT Scan of three prior back surgeries. Those surgeries had been performed by a very good neurosurgeon. The third surgery three years ago had consisted of a fusion of L4-L5 and had done little to alleviate my back pain. Things began to worsen. My range of motion was so limited that I could walk only short distances and could only sleep short periods by bending over my bed (knees on floor, upper body on bed). I had begun to drag my right foot. I was hopelessly depressed. Enter Dr. Hadley. He said that he was good and 99% certain that he could help me. Arrogant sounding? Yes---until he further explained that he was good because God had given him this talent (healing) to use and was doing so- as we all should. At my consultation (Dec.,2013) my dad and I were given hope when Dr. Hadley, who had previously viewed my last CT Scan, was certain that he could help me because he had a success rate of 99% instead of the usual 95% rate for this particular procedure. Sounds arrogant? At first, yes, until he explained. He said that he was good because God had given him this talent (healing) and was using it as He instructed us all to do. A man of faith, for sure. I had my third back surgery (L4-L5 fusion) three years ago using a highly regarded, local neurosurgeon. Things rapidly went south. By the time I sought Dr. Hadley, I was in constant pain and so depressed. I had begun to resign myself to believe that things would only get worse. I could only get brief periods of sleep by bending over my bed (knees on floor, upper body on bed). I was dragging my right foot when I walked. I could only walk short distances. And when I did walk I could not walk without slumping. Dr. Hadley had to remove my old rods and screws and fuse L4-L5-S1. Four months out from surgery I have less pain, walk almost completely erect, walk greater distances, and sleep ON my bed in a prone position for much longer periods of time. Best of all I think will possibly get even better, not worse. He may not have the best bedside manner according to some other reviewers, but I'll take ability over demeanor when choosing doctors. I highly recommend Dr. Hadley!!!

|  North American Training Manger - Apple, Inc.  |  show details
by Kerri Daniels on Mar 13th, 2014

Anytime one is looking for a surgeon you are hoping to find the best of the best to perform your surgery. Without hesitation Dr. Hadley is an exceptional neurosurgeon. I have a tethered spinal cord and was facing my third attempt to untether my cord. My previous surgeon stopped seeing adult patients so I was faced with the process of finding a new neurosurgeon. Dr. Hadley came highly recommended from a family member. After my first meeting with Dr. Hadley, I knew he was the right surgeon to perform my surgery. One of his greatest attributes is his personality and his confidence. I appreciate how direct he was in helping me understand my current state and how he could help me future state. I felt like he allowed me to have an informed decision on my next steps and while it was an emotional decision based on the risks we both aligned it was the right decision to proceed. Needless to say, my surgery was a 100% success. He was able to untether my spinal cord and the pain I was experiencing prior to the surgery is gone. His expertise was matched by his exceptional bed side manner both with me as well as his attention toward my family. If you are a tethered spinal cord patient facing yet another procedure to untether your cord then you need to go see Dr. Hadley. He has a high level of character and expertise and I would recommend Mark to anyone wanting the best of the best to perform your surgery.

|  Outstanding, Confident, & Caring  |  show details
by Health Care Performance Analyst on Feb 17th, 2014

I work as a health care performance analyst and also consulted staff from other hospital quality management offices and physicians too in seeking out who my wife should choose to perform her surgery. I asked those I spoke with to give me their top three surgeons. While those listed in the top three varied, one surgeon made every list: Dr. Hadley. Some spoke of his personality, but most did not. My wife chose him because we wanted the very best to remove a four inch long benign tumor from within her spinal canal. The tumor was filling up her spinal canal and pressing her spinal cord and blood vessels between the tumor and her vertebrae. Everything below the tumor was being cut off from it's blood supply. She was going to be paralyzed from the chest down. Dr. Hadley does very complex surgeries like this and does them very well. Please know that when very complex cases are taken on, the risk for complications or less than perfect outcomes is higher. Surgeons who do the more routine cases over and over and consistently have good outcomes are great and you'll see four out of four stars and comments about how friendly and wonderful the doctor is. We're blessed to have those doctors. With a surgeon like Dr. Hadley who takes on the extreme cases, you just aren't going to see that same level of satisfaction because patient expectations aren't realistic. That said, my wife's surgery was flawless. In 2013 my 75-year old uncle had back surgery with Dr. Hadley and also had a perfect outcome. We all found Dr. Hadley to be confident, focused, caring, and generous with his time. Don't miss out on the opportunity to receive care from the best because people who don't understand the situation undervalue him. He's truly elite at what he does.

|  Great Results  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2013

It's taken me a while to write this but Dr. H did my decompression surgery due to the fact I'm suffering from chiari malformation. He did my surgery in Feb of 2012 and I was back to playing golf that summer. Is he kind of a jerk? Yes, would I refer him to a family member or friend? Absolutely ... I have only had minor issues since my surgery and live a normal active life. He is one of the best in the south... I will admit his personality is a bit string but he did a great job with my surgery and UAB did great job with my care afterwards.

|  Great surgeon & person  |  show details
by Mike on Nov 7th, 2013

I read previous post, and I don't understand what some are saying. I have been having weakness in my legs, numbness in feet, tingling & numbness in arms & hands, and severe headaches everyday for quite a while. I was hesitant to get it check due to other family members health issues and watching them suffer. But I went to a local doctor who did xrays & a couple cat scans. upon those results she sent me to UAB to Dr. Hadley, and told me I would probably require surgery on my neck. My first appointment with Dr. Hadley, he spent a lot of time in room doing exam, asking my symptoms, and going over every detail. He informed me that when he first saw films and symptoms sent from the other doctor he had no intention to operate, but after the exam, seeing how weak I was, the toll it was taking on me, he said if I were his son he would want the operation done. He took me step by step through what he would have to do, all the while pausing for questions from myself, my wife & mother. He took me through all the risk factors, from smallest little detail to biggest. Being that I am a singer he pointed out the risks to my voice, and the damage possible. He spoke of his surgical talents being a gift from God and that he wasn't perfect and mistakes could happen. At the end he personally showed me my cat scans, pointed out the damage, showed how he would work, leaving out no details, and even contacted a speech therapist to assist and an ENT to help operate due to my career in music. Tuesday of this past week he operated, the morning of surgery he visited with me, went through risks again, and he told me God would be with me in surgery and guiding his hands. When I awoke After surgery, I noticed major changes right away, my arms and hands weren't tingling, the numbness in my feet was all but gone, the strength in my legs was greatly improved. After many months of all these problems, I felt a weight lifted. He spent time with me in recovery, the morning after him and two residents visited my room, chatted, cut up,spent mode time with each other. He told me his biggest fear was damaging my voice, which didn't happen, my voice is just as clear and strong as ever. After just that single night in hospital, I am home, with multiple ways to contact him with Any concerns, questions or problems, including his personal cell number, email and home number. In closing over the past 15 years I have had many health issues, around 15 other surgeries, and time spent in several hospital's, but Dr. Hadley has been the kindest, most thorough, friendliest, and caring doctor I have had the privilege of using and getting to know, and UAB has been the best hospital with most caring, dedicated, & friendly staff I've been in.

|  Needs help  |  show details
by Larry A. Moon on Sep 3rd, 2013

I agree with the last post I read The man needs help.He performed surgury on my back when the problem I actually had was a hip with ostioarithiatis this was about 2005 the only thing he gave me was not feeling my foot sinse then.And he has a horrible personality U.A.B. is a great medical facility I am amazed he has stayed there this long.

|  And I now actually feel sorry for the guy  |  show details
by Believe I finally know what is "wrong" with Hadley on Sep 2nd, 2013

After reading "all" of the reviews about Hadley, both good and bad, and even though I am by no means an expert qualified to diagnose a person's mental health issues, I would be very surprised if any expert did not find that Hadley suffers from severe Bi-Polar mental illness or some very serious form of Borderline Personality Disorder.His surgical skills are generally not questioned by anyone whether patient or physician. However, his behavior wildly and unexpectedly gyrates from manic and grandiose to the male version of depression as shown by his sharp/cutting tongue, quick temper, and sheer meanness to all others whether patient, resident, nurse, or staff. What the poor guy needs is a good psychiatrist and a good clinical psychologist both to be seen on a regular basis. With the right medications and cognitive behavior therapy there is a good chance Hadley could actually "level out" in all of his interpersonal relations thus making him not just a good surgeon but a good man as well. Hopefully, Hadley will read this review as intended...it is meant to help. And hopefully Hadley will then take all necessary steps to do so. Otherwise, UAB will eventually be forced to let him go despite his surgical skills because Hadley is a ticking time bomb waiting to explode somewhere sometime in a horribly spectacular manner.

|  never ever seeing this "god" again!  |  show details
by lucky to have escaped unharmed on Aug 4th, 2013

I have been told UAB forced Hadley to attend sensitivity training classes. That is the only reason I can imagine he rated a 3.5 of 5. He needs a personality transplant. Don't know what happened to him in his childhood but this guy is very damaged goods and needs strong medication and therapy. He also needs a front man who interacts with patients, and he should only be involved with any patient after they are "out" in surgery and he can then show up so long as patient stays "out" until he is gone.

|  President, C&H Medical Distributors. LLC  |  show details
by Gregg Cannon on Jul 12th, 2013

Before visiting with Dr. Hadley, I had been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and already had 2 cervical fusions and 3 lumbar laminectomies. For the past 3 years I had been to pain specialists and tried everything to avoid a lumbar spinal fusion. Being in medical sales, I had seen the surgery performed and had heard from numerous people that did not experience good results from the fusion. I finally got to the point of terrible pain and loss of feeling in both legs from the waste down. There were so many sleepless nights and my daily activities were unbearable at times. I was informed that Dr. Hadley's success rates with this procedure produced good outcomes. In reading some of the reviews, I was a little apprehensive about his perceived arrogance, and or lack of bedside manner. Let me tell you, that couldn't be farther from the truth. He reviewed my scans with me and explained what was causing my discomfort and while surgery is never a guarantee, he had the confidence that he could help me. For those that have made negative comments about his attitude, I would only ask this " would you want to take your valued car to a mechanic that patted you on the butt, had small talk with you, but didn't fix your car?" Dr. Hadley performed my surgery in March of this year, and found more issues once he opened me up. The surgery lasted a little longer than expected and I ended up with a 4 level spinal fusion in my sagittal and lumbar region. I only had one night stay in the hospital and Dr. Hadley checked on me frequently while I was there. It is now July and I am living my life again! Exercising, playing golf, and doing things with my children that I couldn't do before. Dr. Hadley, thanks for being a man of your word and God has blessed you with special skills.

Jul 1st, 2013

I suffered from severe, extreme back pain fr0m an aircraft accident for over 25 years. I had two previous surgeries which gave me no relief. Dr. Hadley diagnosed my problem and I was pain free following his surgery. He continued to follow up on my recovery. He is a brilliant, caring surgeon. I highly recommend him.

|  Amazing Surgeon!  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2013

I went to see Dr. Mark Hadley initially for unrelenting pain, numbness and weakness in my arm and shoulder, which failed to improve after a course of conservative treatment; necessitating an (ACDF) anterior cervical discectomy with fusion and internal fixation at levels C5-C7. I can't thank Dr. Hadley enough! He is truly amazing! My symptoms have completely resolved since surgery 8 weeks ago. I have worked in the field of radiology for 23 years with numerous spine and neurosurgeons and Dr. Hadley, by far, is the best!

|  Dr. Hadley Changed My Life for the Better  |  show details
by Chris S. on May 8th, 2013

Dr. Hadley absolutely changed my life. I spent 9 years with severe back & neck pain and no one could ever figure it out. A friend told me to give Dr. Hadley a call and he immediately diagnosed that I had a Tethered Spinal Cord. One of the things I liked was that he didn't want to cut on me as he wanted me to exercise for 3-4 months to see if things improved. After 4 months of exercise I told him that I wanted to proceed with the operation. Dr. Hadley spent lots of time discussing the course of action and truly cared about my health. Since my operation in November, I have been pain free and it is truly changed my life. Dr. Hadley is a tremendous blessing to me and continues to check on me regularly by calling to see how I am doing. I just can't stress how much he has changed my life for the better. I would recommend Dr. Hadley to anyone who is suffering from Back/Neck pain.

|  RN- Operating Room  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2013

Hadley did 3 lumbar surgeries on me in the past. THe last left me with residual pain/numbness in leg. His infection rate is very high; I had post-op infection after all surg. He has no bedside manner & believes he is the absolute best - God. He declined to see me as pt again as I feel he took it as a failure

|  Vice President - Studio Relations  |  show details
by E. Haupert on Mar 27th, 2013

Dr. Hadley was the most knowledgeable, attentive, professional expert I could have ever dreamed of for my procedure (C5/6 fusion) and ailment. He put me at ease, made me feel confident and secure which was paramount to my recovery. I am forever in debt to him.

|  Retired in Washington, MO  |  show details
by Robert Kapic on Mar 20th, 2013

I have been pain free since Dr. Hadley operated on my back April 2003. That means 10 years of trouble free activity that I would otherwise not been able to do. Thank you, again Dr. Hadley Robert Kapic kapic2golf@yahoo.com

|  Pompass, arrogant, condescending jerk  |  show details
by Tom C on Mar 12th, 2013

My doctor warned me about him and he was dead on. He may be a great surgeon but his demeanor is inexcusable!

|  Elsa Mullins, CEO  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2012

I was fortunate to see Dr. Hadley 10/25/12 after almost 15 yrs. of not having to see him from a procedure that he did over again from a doctor here in Huntsville, AL who was useless. As always Dr. Hadley was polite, kind, and direct. Thank God I just need to not work 13 hrs. daily and do more aerobics. And yes, for those of you that have stated that he thinks he is God. To me, he's an amazing surgeon, period! YES, God did however, give him the technical skills that he can use to help people like me. What a blessing he is.

|  bad  |  show details
Oct 14th, 2012

Dr Hadley was arrogant self centered and incompetant in my opinion a legand in his own mind

|  the best  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

others dr. would not touch me dr.hadley is very good at what he does just ask him.

|  Awesome Doctor  |  show details
May 8th, 2012

I just had back surgery on 01/04/2012. I must say that I experienced having back and nerve problems for over a year. Dr. Hadley performed my surgery and I'm in no pain. I highly recommend him.

|  Awesome Doctor!!!  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

I live in Auburn, and had neck surgery, the doctor messed me up I have been in pain for over 9 mths... I felt like nobody cared or would help me until I went to Dr hadley, He showed me my films and explained to me about why I was in pain, I am having surgery and I feel very confident he will help me be pain free....I think Dr Hadley is very professional, great caring doctor!!!!

Nov 9th, 2011

Dr. Hadley was wonderful in diagnosing and taking care of my son after an motor vehicle accident. He was very professional and very grateful for his skill and knowledge in saving my son's life. I would highly recommend him to anyone. You will not be disappointed.

|  If you are good, act like you're good. He is.  |  show details
Nov 1st, 2011

Best surgeon and nicest guy I have ever met. Takes time to show you your problem and explain how he can fix it. Took me on as a patient when nobody else would touch me after 4 previous surgeries. I hae about a 90% good result and am convinced I woould be crippled had any other person cut on me. John Buchanan

|  The best Neurosurgeon  |  show details
Sep 8th, 2011

I had been warned by my referring physician, and other former patients that Doc Hadley was the most arrogant, pompous, rude, condescending JERK. I did see why some would say some of these things, but overall I had a good experience. It's my opinion, if you want the best Neurosurgeon cutting on your spine, none of the rest matters. After all it's your spine he's cutting on!Bite you lip and go see the best at what he does!

Aug 11th, 2011

Loved him and his staff

|  Of Pilots and Surgeons  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2011

When I fly in a plane or go under the knife (only once in my life) I like the guy or girl at the controls to be a cocky, pompous S.O.B.! Dr. Hadley fixed my back and fixed it really well, thats all I asked of the man who cares about wait time, bedside manner or god complexes. He has one job to do and he does it really well.

May 24th, 2011

thanks for all you have done for brenda t. sears that had a broken neck dec. 23 2010 he is tops in my book as far as dr. office we have not been to the office will go tomorroe 5/25/11 David Cockerham

Apr 6th, 2011

I would have to agree with the other reviewers comments that used words such as: arrogant, pompous, rude, condescending, and negative. Furthermore, his God Complex is too much to be believed!I would never recommend him to even my worst enemy. When I asked if I could have antibiotics prior to surgery to help prevent staph, he told me that he NEVER needed that because his surgeries are always clean. Imagine my distress when I was rushed back to UAB 2 weeks following my surgery with Staph throughout my entire spine! All of which could have been prevented if Hadley had taken the simple precaution of antibiotics prior to and during the surgery. He explanation for the Staph was that I was over-weight!

|  As good as they get  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

The Dr. was as professional and nice as any I have ever visited. He is top notch

|  the best  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

My mom fell and broke her neck. Dr. Hadley saved her life. He has a gift from God for helping people other doctors give up on. You won't find a better dr. anywhere.

|  I couldn't ask for a better doctor  |  show details
Jan 9th, 2011

I am 20 yrs old& in aug was diagnosed with a tumor attached to my spinal cord in my cervical spine. No surgeon in my home city would even discuss doing the surgery and told me straight forwardly that they wouldnt do such a risky surgery. I met with doctor along the east side of the U.S. to get opinions. Immediately following my appointment with Dr.H I knew he was the surgeon I wanted to do my surgery. His confidence who some people wrongly mistake for arrogance was comforting& gave me& my family relief as other doctors added to the stress He called personally to discuss dates for the surgery he was always there asking if i needed anything or had any questions he treated me like a daughter& i couldnt be happier with my decision he even called me from church while i was in the hospital to check on me. Im proud to say that even after him having to make a risky call during my surgery in sept i am back in college& back to normal life! no limitations! I cant thank dr.hadley enough for what he has done for me& to the people claiming that he believes he is "god" in my opinion he is& it would be a mistake on anyones part to choose another surgeon.

|  Hadley actually believes he is "GOD"!  |  show details
Jan 1st, 2011

I had been warned by my referring phsycian several times that Hadley was the most arrogant, pompous, rude, condescending, and negative doctor I had ever met or would ever meet. My doctor was not only correct in his assessment but he greatly understated what a JERK Hadley is.... His staff was scared to death of him. His resident was terrified of him. Although my doctor said Hadley was a good technician after several experiences with him over several years Hadley should not ever be allowed to interact with patients. Hadley should only show up in the operating room and never meet any patient before or after surgery. Or better yet, Hadley should have his license to practice medicine rescinded simply because Hadley's conceit and arrongance is and will always be his "blind spot". I feel sorry for his wife and kids...having to live with that jerk day in and day out. I am certain that they all wish he'd just stay at work and never come home. Attila the Hun had a better bedside manner than Hadley! Hadley should only be allowed to work on a garbage truck...all things being considered equal. I put up with him at first. Eventually I spoke back to him in the same tone and manner in which he spoke to me, his staff, and his resident, and Hadley was shocked, amazed, and offended. Hadley can dish it out but Hadley cannot take it in return. I would sum Hadley up this way: Big Baby who truly believes he is infallible and God with a big "G"!

|  pain free  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

Excellent MD!! You will be pain free and he is the best dr. for back pain and knows to fix the problem!!

Dec 17th, 2010

Dr. Hadley is an excellent neurosurgeon who cares deeply for his patients. He spends many hours reviewing all films, scans, and notes as well as preparing himself mentally so that he is well prepared to give each patient his best. Dr. Hadley did surgery on my husband and we highly recommend him to anyone who is having serious back problems.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
by Gail Cosby on Aug 23rd, 2010

Dr. Hadley operated on my back to relieve pressure a disk caused on my sciatic nerve successfully. He also diagnosed and treated my 80-yr. old Mother for SI joint inflammation very successfully. Other doctors had recommended unnecessary back surgery for her. This guy really knows what he's doing. I recommend him highly.

|  Singing the praises of Dr. Mark Hadley  |  show details
by Joan M. Neill on Aug 9th, 2010

I had spinal stenosis and had had several injections for the pain. When I was referred to Dr. Hadley, I must admit I hesitated to go to him due to some comments writt en about his "bedside manner". However, he ranked the best and had done a number of these surgeries so I decided I wanted the best and would just make do with his personality. I am so pleased that I did. I had the surgery in Feb of 2009 and I have been completely pain free since my initial recovery period. He was very kind to me as well as my daughter that was with me the whole time. He obviously new what he was doing and did a wonderfully outstanding job. I couldn't be happier with the outcome and I would go back to him in a heartbeat if a problem should arise again. Look at his credentials, don't always judge the doctor by his attitude once or twice.

|  3 Surgeries Later  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2010

Dr. Hadley has performed 3 back surgeries on my husband. The first time was to repair a botched surgery that another neurosurgeon from Columbus, GA. had performed several years prior. My husband was doing much better for several years, then started having excruciating pain again. We went back to see Dr. Hadley, who said stenosis was worsening and needed to take in another level. One month after surgery, he developed infection. Dr. Hadley went back in to clean out around his back and put him on IV antibiotics. Within another year, we were back again, with still more pain. Dr. Hadley thought it must be sacroiliac joint. After going through a series of painful nerve blocks, we were told by the pain management doctor that it was something he would have to live with, so we went home to try to live with the pain. Within a year, my husband was barely able to walk from the debilitating pain, so we decided to seek a second opinion. Our family docotr referred us to a local neurosurgeon, who ordered a CT scan, which revealed that the rods and screws had come loose and were wobbling around on nerves. Because we trusted Dr. Hadley's ability, we returned to him with the information. He felt really badly for all the pain, but made time in his schedule to do surgery again within the week. He even offered to do it the next day, but we had to have a few days for everything that was happening to digest. He took out all the instrumentation in his back and replaced it, taking in 2 more levels. Because of such a risky surgery, I could not get peace with anyone but Dr. Hadley. Even though what many reviews say about his bedside manner (mostly true!), I believe he is still a top-notch neurosurgeon. After 7 months, the pain has returned again and we are fearful that the screws and rods have come loose again, but I think it is because of the degenerative condition of his spine and not because of Dr. Hadley. We plan to return to him for advice.If any of you know of anyone with similiar condition who has received help from someone, I would love to hear from you. At this point, we are desparate for help. Send me an email if you know any alternatives. calebsdeedee716@gmail.com

|  great doctor  |  show details
by neda edwards on Feb 26th, 2010

I had back surgery to repair 5 disc in my neck and back 2 weeks ago and am doihg great. I think Dr Hadley is a very caring competent dr. who does try other options before he does surgery. I am on my way to being painfree and am pleased that I was referred to him.

|  OMG what a jerk  |  show details
by jtmd on Jan 26th, 2010

Dr. Hadley was quite late for my office visit, and told me what a busy man he is. He was arrogant, pompous, and spent more time talking about himself than about me - the patient. He spoke referred to himself in the third person quite a bit: calling himself "the Had" this, "the Had" that. I was told by my referring physician that he was pretty much a jack___, but could fix problems if I could stand him just long enough to deal with him while I was awake. Dr. "the Had" never explained to me any unusual techniques he planned in repairing my discs. I "coded" in the recovery room, and post surgery when I asked him what happened, he became furious! He told me he did not OWE ME any explanations, that this was HIS surgery, done HIS way and who was I to question HIM or HIS methods. I told him that as a PAYING CUSTOMER that I was owed an accepted level of customer service - at which he failed miserably. He then told me that although he didn't owe me an explanation, he would share some privileged information regarding his "special" procedure. Had I known what he was going to do, I would have never agreed to the surgery. It was risky, and I am thankful I survived. Although he "fixed" the discs, I would never recommend him to anyone. He at one point - I'm not kidding - put himself on the same power level with God. *I just noticed his GPA was lower than mine in school. There are plenty of qualified physicians who can do the job and won't treat you like you are "less than".

|  Need a Self-Righteous, Arrogant Doc? - Will This is the One!!!  |  show details
by David and Pam Sewell on Dec 17th, 2009

From the moment Dr. Hadley walked into the exam room, he projected an arrogant, self-important, and rude attutide. After introducing himself, he asked who was the child I was holding, after telling him it was our grandchild, his first words were "well I already thought that, you certainly look to old for it to be ours - but if you got a late start, good for you!" After my husband explained he was there for a 2nd surgical opinion that a friend had recommend Dr. Hadley, and told him of a upcoming text he may want to review that the 1st doctor ordered, Dr. Hadley told my husband, "only an inexperienced doctor would order that, that doctor must only want a kick-back from it, and whoever it is certainly doesnt know how to read a MRI! But you'll do what you want to anyway" (then in his arrogance, Dr. Hadley leaned back in the chair and threw up his hands and said, "But who am I? I'm just a neurosurgeon!" His opinion of the situation was for my husband to loose 20 lbs and exercise. When my husband asked if Dr. Hadley recommended any certain exercises, Dr. Hadley said, "You go to Gold's Gym and ask them, I'm not a trainer." We were absolutely dumb-founded by this physician's rudeness, arrogance, self-righteous attitude. Three weeks later, the doctor who did the first opinion was able to do surgery on my husband and repair the herniated disc which had broken off and had three floating fregments grinding on the nerves as well as fuse (with a wonderful relatively new product using bone from bone bank and not rods and screws) his spine in two areas. My husband feels better than he has in 15 years, his mobility is great, his pain is gone. All this WITH CERTAINLY NO THANKS TO DR. MARK HADLEY! HE TOTALLY MISSED THE DIAGNOSIS DUE TO HIS SELF-IMPORTANCE! Would we recommend this doctor? NEVER! not for an enemy or an animal. His behavior has been reported both to the Physician Quality Care Dept at BCBS and the Physician's Relations Dept at UAB. Run don't walk away from this one!!

by Robert W. Kaufman on Oct 27th, 2009

I had one visit with Dr. Hadley about the narrowing of my spine and my spinal column. He scheduled my surgery, which I had to change several times because of work situations. During my visit in late August of 2009 Dr. Hadley explains to you what is wrong and what needs to be done about the situation . Dr. hadley is a straight to the point doctor and doesn't pull any punches. Finally I had surgery on October 1, 2009. The only time I saw him on the day of surgery was just before I was moved to the operating room where he greeted me with a smile, asked if I was ready and said lets do this. He performed a laminoplasty on c3-c6. He had to cut 12 inches from center of my head 12 inches down my back. Then About three and a half hours later I am in my hospital bed on my way to recovery. I would say that 90% of the pain I was experiencing was gone. I knew that there was some permenant damage to the spinal cord and it is minor. I would reccommend Dr. Hadley to anyone if they have and neuro problems.

|  Very Happy Patient  |  show details
by R. Wilson Florence, AL on Mar 26th, 2009

Dr. Hadley and his staff where very proffestional and I have shared my story with many others that have had problems and told them he is number one in my option!He treats you like one of his only family!