Dr. Mark Haffenreffer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

June 6th, 2016
The front desk is very matter of fact. There is little warmth or concern about the patient. The radiology technician was rude . The doctor was courteous, kind and very complete in his review of both my problems, solutions and after-care.

April 13th, 2016
Excellent care...one of a kind!

March 26th, 2015
Frigault's
Dr. Haffenreffer recently performed a right leg TKR on me. During the pre-op visits through the procedure and through the post-op visits, Dr. Haffenreffer; exuded confidence, was very honest, very informative, responded to all my questions, made me feel confident and comfortable to the fact that I would, and have progressed through the process successfully. I thank him for his candid honesty and for imparting to me confidence, and, empowering me with the strength to move forward.

November 19th, 2014
Totally Incompetent
Complaining of severe hip pain I received no X-ray and was dismissed in 2 minutes being told to take ibuprofen. Four years later I needed a hip replacement due to CAM deformity which any X-ray would have shown and likely saved my hip.

October 12th, 2010
INCOMPETENT
I went to Dr Haffenreffer for a follow-up to surgery only because he was covering for my surgeon who was on vacation. He entered the room and asked why I was there and what I had done. That was disturbing. I told him why and he removed my stitches (no handwashing - no gloves, and proceeded to put my foot in a non-walking brace for plantar fasciitiis. I had fusion surgery and told him my doctor wanted me to be in a hard cast. He ignored me and when I insisted he said to call my doctor when he got back. I was stunned! My outcome was not good and now I need the surgery repeated.

August 29th, 2010
Repaired my "hammered" ankle
I fell on ice fifteen years ago and Dr. Haffenreffer repaired my very badly fractured ankle through surgery and the placement of a plate and pins. I have never had a single problem with the ankle, and it has been strong and reliable.Dr. Haffenreffer did an excellent job in repairing it. I highly recommend his excellent skills.

February 11th, 2010
Very bad experience
I went to this doctor with very bad knee pain. He never examined my knee the first time and told me that I needed to buy new shoes and wear an arch support. He gave me a sheet with exercises that I was to do twice daily to exhaustion using weights. I returned in two weeks due to increased pain, and he ordered an x-ray (not MRI) and told me that I needed to pick up the exercising and lose a little weight. He said if in one month I was not better, then he would consider an MRI. Since I was suffering so much, I chose to go to my family physician who DID examine my knee and he ordered an MRI that day. I have a tear of the anterior horn of the lateral miniscus. Unfortunately I will have to have surgery to repair it. Now I have to find a good ortho doctor to do the work. The manner in which this doctor treated my complaints was totally unacceptable and I hope to save others from having the same experience. The exercises actually made my knee worse. I am sure there are many good ortho doctors you could choose and please avoid Dr Haffenreffer at all costs!