Family Practitioner
Texas Health Care
6700 Buenos Aires Dr
North Richland Hills, TX 76180
817-281-8245
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  i like my dr.  |  show details
by Harold Fowler on Mar 26th, 2013

Dr. Hammonds and his staff have always been great to me. they have taken great care of me. it's funny how you form a personal attachment to those who take care of you and show care and compassion about you and the conditions that you bring to them. they get my referrals on time and take care of my insurance concerns with ease. and folks, I am a hard old man to deal with, but I don't want to go anywhere else to be cared for. I luv'em all.

May 12th, 2012

I have been seeing Dr Hammonds for about 14 years now. I know that a few years ago he hired Physician Assistants to help out with his practice. But his staff still gives you the option to see the Dr. It may not be the same day that you would like, but it is still an option. I have never had a bad experience with his practice and have recommended numerous friends.

|  Exceptional Doctor  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

Takes time to listen to the patient and is very thorough on treatment and advice. Best Dr. I have had since childhood

|  Steve A  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

Been going to Hammonds for years. Glad he's younger than me so hopefully I can see him until the end.

by G. Eichelberger on Sep 12th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Hammonds for 10 years. Until recently it was fairly easy to get an appointment to see him. I called today (9-12-11 a Monday) and was told he had no openings at all this week. I've been with him for many years in order to establish some sort of rapport or relationship with him in attempt to enhance the continuity of care concept. But now I'm being shuffled off to a nurse practitioner for my visits. No disrespect to her or her capabilities as a professional, but she is not the one with whom I've established a level of trust. I guess it's time to find a new PCP who is not so busy.

Jan 11th, 2011

Dr. Hammonds has been my doctor for over 10 yrs. I wanted a doctor that I could continue to see through all stages of my life and I feel that he can do that. He spends an adequate amount of time listening to me and explaining what I need to know.He offers excellent lifestyle suggestions. He is very good at not prescribing un-needed medications.I recommend him as a great all around family physician.

Nov 9th, 2010

Dr. Hammonds has been my PCP for over 10 years. Dr. Hammonds and his staff have always displayed a professional demeanor. The doctor and his staff are always friendly and always focused on me. Dr. Hammonds has always looked at my over health and not just a specific problem I had made an appointment for. I have always recieved a prompt response on follow up's and any questions I have had requarding my health (and I have had alot of questions). If your looking for a great doctor and staff, and if he is taking patients give him a call.

Nov 3rd, 2010

I went to Dr. Hammonds during a very trying time in my life and he showed concern, had a great bedside manner and offered me options for my care. My husband has gone to him for years and we are very happy w/his practice.

|  EXCELLENT DOCTOR FOR SENIORS  |  show details
by LEE VAUGHN on Oct 18th, 2010

I AM A SENIOR {71} AND DR. HAMMONDS HAS BEEN VERY GOOD AT DIAGNOSING AND CARING FOR THE ROUTINE ACHES AND PAINS WHILE FOLLOWING THROUGH ON THE MAJOR CONCERNS. I FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE WITH HIM OVERSEEING MY HEALTH CARE.

|  My Doctor  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2010

When i went into Dr.Hammonds office I was greeted by a friendly staff and everthing was explained to me in detail. When his nurse took me back she was very nice and introduced herself and also made me aware of his NP that is in the office MON WED AND FRI. When the Dr came in the room he was very willing to answer any and all of my questions and he did spend a good amount of time with me. The nurses drew my blood and did all of the tests that were needed and I left very satisfied. I was suprised the next day when i was called with my results of my labs. They are wonderful!!! You should give them a try!

|  GREAT Doc!  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2010

Dr Hammonds really cares about his patients. As a new patient, he listened carefully to my current and previous health concerns and issues. He diagnosed my condition perfectly and within a week, I was back to normal and knew I had found my new family doctor! Now my whole family sees Dr Hammonds and we've all had the same wonderful experience.

by Cindy Chambers on May 12th, 2010

I have seen Dr.Hammond a few times and the first time was 5 years ago. I had been vomiting and it wouldn't go away and Dr. Hammond diagnosed me with Acid Reflux and treated it. It went away and I have not been sick since with it. The 2nd time I saw him which was a couple of years later, he diganosed me as having an ulcerated eye and he sent me to an eye specialist. I am under his care now for bell palsy and low Thryoid and so far with the medication he has prescribed for it, I am a lot better.

|  Cares Only About Botox  |  show details
May 4th, 2009

Dr cares only about advertising his botox and other such treatments and selling you the South Beach Diet items and book than about actual medical care.

Doctor's Response

I'm sorry you were unsatisfied with your care at my clinic. I do have signs in the clinic advertising botox, but I only do treatments after regular office hours and never turn away sick people to do anything "cosmetic". I just enjoy doing some different services and have some very satisfied botox patients who appreciate getting all the services at one place under my supervision. I do believe in the Southbeach diet and recommend it to most of my patients, and for a while, I had a case of Southbeach diet books I was selling basically for cost to make sure patients got and read a copy. I never sold any "diet items", so I'm not sure what you're talking about. Diabetes is an epidemic and I do spend half my day trying to get my patients to eat right. We also offer vitamin scanning and recommend some nutritional supplements and vitamins to interested patients. I take all that stuff myself, and it's working so far...and I think it all fits in with a good family practice clinic.