Dr. Robert Hazel Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Hazel?

Posted on November 10th, 2017

Saw him for very painful shoulder, he has no sense of urgency and thought I was exaggerating my pain. I had a prior shoulder surgery and was fairly certain I had tore my pins. Finally was able to get MRI. Hazel said MRI showed tear and gave me two surgical options. I explained again my severe pain. He again minimized my pain and refused shot. Staff is very slow to return calls, paperwork is slow. I waited over a week for surgery date and finally called my previous Ortho surgeon 1.5 hours away. While on my way to see him, Hazel leaves vm that insurance died surgery so I should do 6 wks of rehab first!! Im in pain!!! My old Ortho had surgery approved and scheduled within 2 hours! A few days later I had surgery. 5 more anchors were put in my shoulder, The shoulder was jammed and pinched. Doc had to work on my bones and cartlidge to save my bicep. He said rehab would have made it worse and unrepairable. Can't believe I waisted 6 weeks in pain on Hazel and his unresponsive staff!!!

Posted on July 28th, 2017

Cocky. Very confident in initial diagnosis and ordered CT Scan. The scan did not show exactly what he thought and he had limited responses to my questions surrounding the root cause of the pain and the long term prognosis. Condescending in my opinion. "I perform over a thousand surgeries a year, I can do surgery on your knee tomorrow if that is what you want." I do not like cockiness in anyone that I interact with. He did not have a reasonable solution or explanation to the course of treatment in my opinion.

No Unnecessary Surgery

Posted on January 25th, 2017

Dr. Hazel looked at a broken elbow that had been treated in Europe. I had been told there that I would require surgery when I returned to the States. Rather than immediately ordering surgery, Dr. Hazel re-set the elbow and did some close observation over a few weeks. He determined surgery was not, in fact, necessary. The arm healed well and with physical therapy, I have returned to being able to use it with no problems.

Mom

Posted on September 27th, 2016

We Did not appreciate some things he said and has done after my sons Surgery. Will not recommend him to others. Still having to go by his rules for the time being.

Posted on June 27th, 2016

Great doctor! Highly recommend him.

Posted on December 10th, 2015

I wish there were more doctors like him. He was very kind and caring. He explained what my surgery would be, what I needed to do to care for myself. He also asked if I had questions. Very nice man.

Posted on August 4th, 2015

Great guy and doctor!

Awesome doctor! Awesome office staff!

Posted on May 13th, 2015

Dr. Mark Hazel diagnosed me with several shoulder issues/injuries from a fall and more so from arthritis. We tried injections for a while and strength training in which neither worked. I had another surgery coming up so I asked if we could schedule asap so it would not interfere completely with the other major surgery. He and his office obliged and worked me in exactly one month prior to my other surgery. I must say I was one worried gal. The surgery went so incredibly smooth. Very painful afterwards but I did everything he asked of me and I healed very quickly. Dr. Hazel has a great personality and we clicked from day one. Although my surgery has been a few years ago, I highly respect and recommend Dr. Hazel and his staff. He's an awesome surgeon!

Posted on April 8th, 2015

Dr. Hazel is a amazing. I would recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

A great and caring doctor

Posted on August 11th, 2017