A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Heaney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Heaney, MD, PHD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Polycythemia Vera
Education & Awards
Dr. Heaney graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heaney has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Heaney accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 12 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans