A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Heaney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Heaney is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heaney
Metastatic Melanoma Patient Education Learn all about metastatic melanoma symptoms and treatments by reading Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heaney Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Heaney, MD, PHD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Polycythemia Vera
Education & Awards
Dr. Heaney graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heaney has 4 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark L Heaney MD and PHD is a male Hematologist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Mark L. Heaney practice?
- Dr. Mark Heaney has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Heaney practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near New York, NY.
See New York Hematologists and New York Oncologists.