A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Heaney:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Heaney is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heaney
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Heaney Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Heaney, MD, PHD is board certified in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- He has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Adult T-Cell Leukemia-Lymphoma
- Aplastic Anemia
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Lymphoproliferative Disorders
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
- Polycythemia Vera
Education & Awards
Dr. Heaney graduated from University of Virginia, Charlottesville. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heaney has 4 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark L Heaney MD and PHD is a male Hematologist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Mark L. Heaney practice?
- Dr. Mark Heaney has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Heaney practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near New York, NY.
See New York Hematologists and New York Oncologists.