A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Heckel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Heckel is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heckel
Lupus Patient Education Patient education guide to systemic lupus erythematosus and less common forms of lupus.Before Visiting Dr. Heckel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Heckel, FACC, MD, PHD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Heckel graduated from Temple University Physicians, Philadelphia. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heckel has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Gaston Memorial Hospital
- CaroMont Heart - Lincolnton
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Campbell Heckel FACC, MD, and PHD is a male Internist, has 13 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Where does Dr. Mark C. Heckel practice?
- Dr. Mark Heckel has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Heckel practices Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease near Gastonia, NC.
See Gastonia Internists and Gastonia Cardiologists.