A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Heimmel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Heimmel, Ophthalmologist is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Heimmel
Chronic Dry Eyes Patient Education Learn about symptoms and treatments of chronic dry eyes by reading Vitals patient education guides.Before Visiting Dr. Heimmel Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Heimmel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Heimmel graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heimmel has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Ocean Medical Center
- Centrastate Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark R Heimmel MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 7 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mark R. Heimmel practice?
- Dr. Mark Heimmel has 1 office location.
Dr. Mark Heimmel practices Ophthalmology near Freehold, NJ.
See Freehold Ophthalmologists.