A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Heimmel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Heimmel, Ophthalmologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Heimmel, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Macular Degeneration
Education & Awards
Dr. Heimmel graduated from UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson, Piscataway. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Heimmel has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Ocean Medical Center
- Caritas St. Anne's Hospital
- Centrastate Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Robert Heimmel MD is a male Ophthalmologist, has 5 years of experience and practices in Ophthalmology.
- Where does Dr. Mark R. Heimmel practice?
- Dr. Mark Heimmel has 5 office locations.
Dr. Mark Heimmel practices Ophthalmology near Toms River, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Brick, NJ and Fall River, MA.
See Toms River Ophthalmologists.