Overall Review

August 18th, 2016
Must leave credit card info to be billed at a later time.

July 24th, 2015
Very Poor First and Last Impression
Waited over an hour (Why? Was there an acne emergency?) in a dirty and poorly maintained waiting area with dispirited and unfriendly staff in attendance. When he finally came to see me, I indicated he needed to look at a growth on my nose (which turned out to be microcellular basal cell). He responded by telling me three times in the space of about 3 minutes that he was a lecturer at Yale and then told me to get undressed. I told him I needed to him to look at the growth on my nose and he responded that he "needed" to do a full body exam. I responded that he had already wasted enough of my time and left; my need for an assessment is not a money making opportunity for him.

February 23rd, 2015
Arrogant and Condecending
Dr. Goldstein is arrogant and impersonal. He was not willing to explain his medical reasoning for prescribed treatment other than 'this is what we do', or to provide alternative options. When questioned about possible alternative treatment options, he became extremely defensive and quite obstinate. The office space I visited belongs to a rheumatologist and his medical practice appeared low budget while he stretches out exams to maximize income. At initial office visit I was told I had to return for a biopsy which took less than two minutes to perform. I had to return for a third office visit for a full body scan which was performed in about two minutes (seemed superficial at best). Ultimately had two basal cell carcinomas surgically removed at Yale after both were pointed out by me and not identified through Dr. Goldstein's exams. Follow-up appointments were of limited value and scheduled at four month intervals while he searched for more problems to resolve. It became obvious it was time for me to move on. If you want to be a part of your treatment, and not spend a ton of money on excessive 5 minute exams, look elsewhere for a dermatologist.

May 21st, 2014
STAY AWAY
Awful Dr. treated me for eczema for 6 months after the 3rd month I asked for a biopsy he said no and continued changing ointment that were not helping. At the end of 6 months took a biopsy turned out it was Lupus. All he wanted was a office visit each month for 6 months so he can charge my insurance.

November 14th, 2013
3 Choices
Said that I only had 3 choices: antibiotics, birth control or acutane, all of which make me really sick. I guess guys only have 2 choices. Why bother to go through medical school? He was rude, impatient and dismissive.

September 30th, 2013
Doctor good, office staff not so good
He is a fine doctor but his office staff leaves something to be desired. I have been trying to reschedule an appointment and have been on hold for eight minutes.

December 31st, 2008
Dr. Goldstein was very thorough and explained things well. My issues were not serious, but I felt that he was conscientious and caring.

October 14th, 2008
Very good dermatologist
My experience with Dr. Goldstein was great. I would get acne that would heal darker than my complexion causing dark spots on my face. He successfully got rid of the acne in a timely manner and faded the dark spots. My skin is completely clear. I get compliments on it all the time.

January 20th, 2008
Annoyed
I HAVE HAD ACNE FOR OVER TWO YEARS, SO IN THE SUMMER, I WENT TO GO SEE DR. GOLDSTEIN. WELL, IT HAS BEEN OVER 8 MONTHS WORKING WITH HIM, AND MY FACE HAS NOT CHANGED.