Overall Review

August 16th, 2016
My new best friend! Doc J needs to teach other docs how to treat patients! He and his staff make sure each patient is made to feel special. He makes time for questions and an occasional joke. High marks in my book!

November 25th, 2015
GIVING THANKS ON THANKSGIVING
I want to tell you a story, that still has me amazed, that this is real. My sister broke her back around Labor Day, by bending over to help me get up from a fall. She had a history of Osteoporosis of the spine and PAD (Periperal Artery Disease). As a result of just bending over, she heard and felt something break in her low back. After, much searching and an MRI, we learned that she had a crushed vertebrae of L-5. Again, after much searching, we found a Dr. Schwartzberg through her primary physician, Dr. Glick. Dr. Schwartzberg, was able to do a special procedure, called a Vertebroplasty, which injected a special type of cement into the vertebrae to rebuild it. Recovery was going as to be expected during the 1st week post-op. But then all of a sudden the left leg started to swell and turn dark, she was in pain again. Given that it was off hours and hard to reach anyone at that time, we opted to go to Paramount Urgent Care, who saw us immediately. We were immediately referred to MIT, Medical Imaging & Therapeutics, which is located near Paramount Urgent Care on Hwy #466 and Rolling Acres Rd. MIT did an Ultrasound and found that she had a DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis) in the back of her left knee. At that time the situation was critical and we were obviously upset. The immediate reaction of the Doctors involved was to send her to an emergency room to start IV Heparin. Given that we are both Nurses, we hesitated to do that and asked for a more conservative method to treat the DVT. At that time Dr. Mark Jacobson, the CEO and Medical Director, Radiologist for MIT, discussed other options available. He treated us with professional respect and like we were one of his family members. I have been an administrator for 5 different Health Facilities, as well as Program Director and Instructor for a Nursing Program in South Florida, and I only mention this to allow you the reader to understand the level of my evaluation of the MIT Medical Imaging & Therapeutics Program and Dr. Jacobson and his staff. Their ability to deliver professional expertise, coupled with personalized patient care is unsurpassed in this part of the country. Each one of the staff made us feel like we were the most important thing they had to deal with. Pattie Jacobson, Dr. Jacobson's wife, who is also the Manager for the Practice, explained things to me like I was her best friend. Dr. Jacobson, became so involved in my sister's outcome that he personally called a friend of his, who happens to be a Hematologist, associated with the new Florida Cancer Specialists, that replaced Moffit in the Sharon Morse Building. Dr. Jennifer Cultrera discussed the alternatives to treatment with Dr. Jacobson by phone, it was 7:30 pm. She drove over to MIT's office, where we were waiting and delivered medication to start treatment right then. We were to see her in her office the next day. Never, have I seen such devotion and expertise knowledge as between these two Doctors. Another week goes by and my sister's leg is getting better, but then, again the swelling starts up again and the pain and discoloration are back. So back to MIT we go to see Dr. Jacobson. He repeats the Ultrasound and suspects a further complication, so he orders a new test called a MRV (Magnetic Resonance Venography). This test is realatively new and not too well known, it takes special training to do the test and to know what you are looking for. Dr. Jacobson is one of the few in the area that can do this. The result is that he finds that my sister has a rare condition called "May-Thurner Syndrome". To put it simply, the arteries in the pelvic area overlay the veins in the pelvic area. The arteries apply pressure to the veins where they cross and obliterate the return blood flow, so as, the blood in the lower left leg is not able to return and thereby engorges the leg. The pressure in the right leg was 30mm. while in the left leg it was 9mm. This discovery is nothing less than amazing, without Dr. Jacobson's expertise, I don't think we would ever have gotten to the root cause of the problem. I think he is the "Smartest Doc" that I have met in over 20 years. By the way, he is doing the surgery to relieve the blood clot and put in a retractable stint to open the Iliac Vein. We need more personalized care like this in this area. Carlie Parke, RN, BSN, MS

November 25th, 2015
Beware!
His office staff acts as an iron wall against medical service--impolite, abrupt, uncaring. Laughed off a 2 hour wait and roadblocked follow up on a procedure [knee shot] that obviously didn't take, but exacerbated the symptoms.

September 21st, 2015
Lung biposy
The appointment went well. I was anxious and the staff was encouraging and professional. The procedure hurt less than I expected. If I have any other interventional needs, I would certainly return to his office. Will not have a diagnosis probably until the end of the week.

September 15th, 2015
Best Radiologist In Area
Personal, professional care. Very clean, modern facility that is easy access and patient oriented. Great experience.

July 13th, 2015
Dr. Jacobson has restored my faith in our medical system. He has been treating my husband who has cancer, and we feel that he may have saved my husband's life. After being misdiagnosed at another imaging center, Dr. Jacobson correctly diagnosed a life-threatening condition which required immediate hospitalization. He went above and beyond by hand delivering a CD with images on it so that the hospital would have all of the needed information upon admittance. His entire staff has this patient-oriented philosophy. Don't hesitate to go MIT Imaging You won't be disappointed!

April 17th, 2015
Nice office with a great staff. Dr. Jacobson was on time and our procedure went smoothly and on time. We would highly recommend this office and Dr. Mark Jacobson.

June 11th, 2014
Restored Faith
Dr. Jacobson treated my father that was dying of cancer. The medical treatment was super but not in same ball park as the Doctor's caring and concern for my Dad. My faith in the humanity of Doctors is restored

March 21st, 2014
Mr.
Dr. Jacobson went above and beyond what I would consider normal care. Dr. Jacobson spent two or more hours making phone calls to get me admitted into a hospital that had the proper treatment for my condition. To me Dr. Jacobson is a superstar I will never forget his persistence.

October 4th, 2013
As a first time patient I was impressed with Dr Jacobson and his facility that was so well equipped and organized . He has a strong, athletic presence and a knowledgeable background that gave me confidence that I was in able hands. He took the time to show me his facility in a way that told me he was proud of it. I also was pleased to receive follow up phone call regarding my condition.