Dr. Mark Jarek MD Patient Reviews

2.7

September 20th, 2016
Terrible
I have a 10 year history of oral cancer and after seeing many drs with no one being able to figure out what is causing my mouth ulcers, a biopsy showed sjogrens disease, my ENT is very concerned that I will have a mouth full of cancer and I was referred to Dr Jarek for his opinion. I have seen many drs over the years but I must say he was the worst I have ever experienced. He was worse than rude, didn't care at all about my cancer concerns, only cared if I had rheumatoid arthritis and kept saying he didn't even know why I was sent to him. I have never felt so humiliated by a medical person of any title in my entire life. What a jerk. Would never want anyone I cared about to go to him and be so mistreated. Don't know how he can remain a dr, but CMH should send him packing.

April 18th, 2016
Doesn't seem like a very pleasant person. Rude and does not listen to the patient very well. If you have a choice to see another doctor choose them instead of him if not you will be wasting your time seeing this doctor.

April 7th, 2016
Best RA Dr. Ever.
I've had RA for well over 30 years. I've has my share of RA Doctors and must say Dr Jarek is the best. I admire the fact he travels to small towns during the week. He helps many people by going to them. While I was in rehab due to catastrophic injury I developed Felty's syndrome and needed two more units of blood. There was a problem getting it to the facility I was in. They called Dr. Jarek and he told them what to give me. Two days later I no longer needed the transfusion. I'm moving and decided that driving 8 hours would be nothing to keep Dr Jarek. I know he's very busy but he's never treated me bad.

September 6th, 2015
I am a 74 year old male who has had RA for 25 years. I had been seeing a RA doctor in Springfield but chose to see Dr Jarek as he was closer to my residence. Dr. Jarek was extremely rude. He was not interested in what I had to say about my past history and when I mentioned my records, he retorted, " I don't have time to look at your records." He was dismissive, condescending and unwilling to discuss with me very simple concerns that I had when he suggested I try a new treatment option. It was as if he already decided the best course of treatment for me and he apparently did not feel my input was necessary. I have never had a doctor treat me as rudely as Dr. Jarek. It seemed he had an agenda and that was all that he was interested in. Inf fact he left the room as I mentioned that maybe I should find a new doctor, he turned, smirked and said, " I am at Mercy and Freeman". Needless to say I am back in Springfield with my original doctor. I would not recommend Dr Jarek to anyone that I care about.

June 2nd, 2015
wanted to start infusion before trying other things. I got a second opinion and they said infusion was only used as a last resort. Not sure what Jarek was thinking other than money....

March 22nd, 2015
Does not seem to want to believe what you tell him. Just wants to hurry up and get you out of his office. His Nurse Julie runs the office and he takes her word for everything. Even when you prove them wrong they still don't believe you.

July 4th, 2012
Exceptional Doctor Jarek
Always a positive experience. Receiving the best of care.very thorough and getting to the point in the problems my husband has had. Has helped my husband 200% and we recommend Dr. Jarek very HIGHLY.Office staff is wonderful too. Everyone in that office is very sincere.Dr. Jarek is a warm and wonderful Doctor.

June 7th, 2012
Worst Doctor I have ever had in My Life
The rudest Doctor I have ever had in my 54 years. The man should not be able to practice medicine. He hates his patients and hates for you to even be in the room with him. He does not care about how you are feeling or even want to listen. Pushes you in and out as fast as he can. This man is the worst Doctor on the planet.

April 6th, 2012
Because Dr. Jarek is out of the office so many days of the week, it is often very difficult to get a prescription filled. His staff does not call back to keep you updated about the status of prescriptions. I have waited 6-7 days to have a prescription filled-even if I'm completely out of my prescription.It's so frustrating.

March 8th, 2012
Great RA doctor
I recently had to see another doctor in another network and boy do I miss him as my doctor...I was extrememly happy with him as my RA doctor but because of insurance I had to go elsewhere...and first thing I was told by this new doctor that I would have to submit to a drug test to get refills on my pain meds...which I don't agree with, I am a grown person and if the new doctor would look at my file they would see that I don't abuse my prescriptions. Dr. Jarek would spend unlimited time with me and listen, this new doctor was in and out. You don't realise how good someone is until you have to go somewhere else!!!!

June 17th, 2011
Worst Bedside Manner Imaginable
This man shouldn't be a doctor. He has the worst bedside manner of any physician who's ever attended me, and I am almost 70 years old. He is rude,makes you believe he is doing you a huge favor in even seeing you, rushes through the appointment, and doesn't seem to care that exams are uncomfortable. He asks questions and then interrupts before you can finish, ignores comments and questions, and quickly gives a prescription and rushes out the door ahead of the patient. I've tried seeing him for 6 months, and he is the same with every visit. I requested another doctor in the group, but was told it was against policy. I will now be forced, at my age, to drive to another city for competent, curious help. This man is terrible. Just terrible. If I met him on the street, I'd cross.

December 30th, 2010
Very satisfied patient
I am only 24 years old and was diagnosed with inflammatory arthritis. Dr. Jarek was very informative, caring, nice, and understanding. I truly believe that this doctor knows what he is doing. I've read a few of the nasty reviews and don't agree with them at all! He is the best doctor I have ever had. I would trust him with my life! Thats saying A LOT! Thank You!!