Dr. Mark Jewell MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 11th, 2015
Facelift
My surgeries came out beyond my expectations! Dr. Jewell has very good bedside manner. A lovely man with a great sense of humor! Highly recommend!

March 27th, 2015
Filler Failure!
Talked to the doctor and showed pictures of the results I wanted at a consult and on the day of the procedure. He said he could achieve the same results. He starts to fill and then I point out an area that he didn't fill at all. He then proceeds to tell me that he can't do anything about it. So he actually fills out my brows for a "lift" when I wanted him to add volume to my eyelids. He didn't even do the procedure I wanted. I didn't need an eyebrow lift! He also used Juvedem instead of Restylane even though I specifically asked for Restylane at my consult. Now since Juvedem is hydrophilic, I'm starting to have pillow like bags under my eyes. To top it off I left his office with lumps of filler all over the place. I should have left looking like the final result with some swelling, not lumps of filler, occurring over the next couple of days. I had to have the lumps massaged out. Luckily I didn't just trust him and let the filler sit. I would have ended up completely disfigured. He also said there was no way to correct the effect which is completely false. You can use hydrolase to dissolve the filler. He may be considered an expert injector, but he did everything wrong. I wouldn't trust this guy with fillers ever! Oh, and don't even get me started on the fact that they cancelled my original appointment without telling me.

September 25th, 2012
would recommend him over and over!

August 16th, 2012
Liposonix - non-surgical fat removal
I am a fit, 59 year old woman with a history of (1) bikini cut C-section (77) & (1) hysterectomy (96) using the same incision site. Thus, Ive had a pooch hanging over the incision scar ever since. I played soccer for 27 years, ran marathons, worked out & couldnt get rid of that pooch. A Tummy Tuck was not an option for me so, I waited for Dr. Jewell & his Liposonix to melt away my fat.I came into the study at 132lbs/64 inches tall. Dr. Jewell determined I had enough adipose fat tissue on both my tummy & flanks. My fat melting appointment was 8 weeks ago & I have since lost 5 of fat and with my improved diet, I also lost 5lbs. Mary was shocked, amazed, & surprised. I dont weigh myself every day, but I did notice my pooch looking a little less so. Im amazed at what I lost, without any effort on my part other than to live life.Photos & measurements were taken and my procedure was done using multiple passes over each square for a pre-determined length of time. I would describe my experience with the Liposonix technique as a 4-5 on the pain scale but only in certain areas on my tummy. Post-procedure I was red for about 12 hours & the treated areas were tender for about a month, but only when touched. Basically, my fat cells had been hit by a Mack truck and were slowly dissolving so they deserved to be a little sore.I will have my 12 week follow up on the heels of a 2 week Italy trip where I plan to eat & drink my way through the country. I cant wait to see what my next results are! In fact, I asked if there were any studies for the thighs, neck, arms, & bra poochit was mentioned those studies may be the next to be developed. Please hurry Dr. Jewell, Id do the Liposonix again & again given the results Ive had already.The staff at the Jewell District are extremely friendly, very educated & truly explain things in lay person terms which is something I appreciate. Thanks to all of you for your professionalism & wonderful spa atmosphere.

July 13th, 2012
I wasn't impressed after hearing a lot of hype - that's all it ended up being.

July 12th, 2012
Amazing Results
I am extremely happy with my Liposonix treatment. I lost 2 inches after my 4 week visit and just had my 8 week visit and lost 2 more inches. My goal is to have at least 1-2 more inches off by week 12. My total weight loss has been 4 lbs. I have gained a new perceptive about my life and body, sometimes we just need that extra push to achieve our goal. Not only was I doing this for myself, but I also wanted to achieve high inches lost for Dr. Jewell-I see it as a way of showing appreciation. I thought I was going to be stuck with this extra fat on my stomach, but now thanks to Dr. Jewell, Mary and staff-it is possible. Now the only problem is I have lost up to 3 pant sizes so I need a new wardrobe, but I think I am going to like this problem. Thank you so much.

March 23rd, 2012
Excellent doctor...
I had a breast augmentation with Dr Jewell in 1997. I was then (and still am) VERY pleased with the outcome. He and his staff were friendly, and informative. About 13 years later (2010) I returned to the office for a consultation. I was pleased to find that it was the same staff from 13 years earlier. Whats even more amazing is they remembered me. That says a lot about an doctor that he keeps the same staff for many years.In 2010 I had my lower eyes done. The procedure went perfect. Dr Jewell did an amazing job. I couldnt be more pleased with the outcome. I found Dr Jewell and his office staff to be professional, courteous, knowledgeable, helpful, friendly, and prompt. Most of all Dr Jewell is the best surgeon ever. He simply does an amazing job. I was nervous to have surgery. The doctor and his staff walked me thru this process, educating me along the way. They gave me choices. I came back several times before surgery just to go over things. I did seek other consultations, but found other doctors in the area to be less knowledgeable, with quick consultations and less education and options.Several of my friends have had procedures with him. Everyone I know is 100% satisfied. I highly recommend Dr Jewell to anyone that is considering plastic surgery.

March 23rd, 2012
Best plastic surgeon in Eugene
I would highly recommend Dr. Jewell, his expertise and knowledge by far exceed any doctor around!!

March 8th, 2012
My experience with Dr.Jewell and his staff exceeded my expectations. From the minute I walked into the office I was treated with amazing care and respect. Dr. Jewell and his staff is extremely knowledgeable and listened well to my requests. I am very happy withy surgery results and highly recommend Dr.Jewell for your plastic surgery needs.

March 8th, 2012
Exceeded My Expectations!
From the moment I called the office I have been so pleased with every part of my experiences at Dr. Jewells. The woman answering the phone was polite and very helpful with getting me in, even with my crazy schedule. There was a $50 consult, however, it was later deducted off my total surgery cost when I scheduled. I first met with one of his nurses who was so sweet and caring. Over the course of my visits she has become a good friend. The amount of information I was given about my surgery and what to expect far exceeded any of the other places I went. After meeting with Dr. Jewell I felt like I was in the best hands. He was honest with me about my expectations and results. My surgery has changed my life and my attitude about myself; I wish I had done this earlier. My friend who cared for me after my surgery is so jealous of my results that she has scheduled her consult with Dr. Jewell! Dr. Jewell gets my top vote as well has his amazing can do staff!

September 15th, 2011
Great Doctor
Dr. Jewell and his office and surgery staff renewed my faith in physicians. I spent several years in pain with capsillar contracture of both breasts because I was afraid of having to place my trust in a surgeon. I found his staff knowledgeable, warm caring, spending an enormous amount of time talking to me to allay my concerns and fears of the repairitive surgery I required. I found Dr.Jewell to be caring but very busy and giving a minimum amout of time because he is in such demand. His knowledgeable, educated staff more than made up for his minimial time with me. The only drawback to my experience was the lack of coordination between the surgery center and Dr. Jewell's office. Though, again, the office minimized my anxiety and confusion by making numerous calls to the surgery center to confirm surgery dates, times and pre-operative instructions.Its only been two weeks post-operative and I am pain free. I once again feel confident I will seek professional help for future health issues.

December 21st, 2010
Love Dr. Jewell
Dr. Jewell and his staff are amazing!! They are so sweet and caring and just great people. They all made me feel very comfortable and Dr. Jewell is the best!!