Internist

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo.
Unprofessional show details Unprofessional
by Amii W on Jul 4th, 2015

Long wait. Wrong diagnosis. I saw Dr Mark for all of one minute and he seemed distracted and not concerned with my questions or concerns. When I left the room he was in the room beside me and the pretty black haired girl from the front, Amber, was in the room with him trying to calm him down and he kept yelling at her not to leave him. I was in disbelief. She's no longer at the practice but I can clearly see why not. The guy is a nutjob and was probably harassing her from what it looked like that day! I won't be back nor will my family!

by Michael on Jul 1st, 2015

Yells at staff. Dr. Mark had a sweet girlfriend at the front desk with long black hair who used to be so pleasant to see...very kind to all. Fired her. I overheard from two of the blond nurses talking that it was due to her breaking up with him. The next week most of the other staff was gone too. The front desk is now run by high school kids who don't smile or talk to you and seem not to know what they are doing, long wait times, and Dr. Mark is, now, always in a foul mood. I won't be returning. If I wanted to watch a reality show I would go back but he is a mess and the new staff are incompetent. I feel bad for his old staff especially that pretty young girl. I'd been there many times when he would yell at the staff and she'd have to calm him down in one of the waiting rooms. It's a shame.

by Rae on May 29th, 2015

Staff is always friendly and knowledgable. Dr Mark is more than amazing, cares about every issue that I have, is professional, and makes my time spent there much better than it would be anywhere else. He knows medicine and takes his time to learn patients. I have seen his office staff ask "junkies" to leave and assume that many of the negative comments about him are from those few. Sorry, he does not hand out drugs like other offices have done but this, of course, makes some people mad. Oh well. It makes me feel good to be cared for by a staff and dr who will stand up for what is right. I have no complaints whatsoever. The practice is nothing less than amazing and I would suggest anyone call and make an appt to meet with Dr Mark.

Thank God I'm still alive show details Thank God I'm still alive
May 27th, 2014

I had been going to Dr. Josovitz and his practitioner for several years, and did not have a problem with his office until he & his staff put my life at risk. I should be dead now but another doctor caught his mistake and corrected it with surgery before I died. the doctors are still amazed that I walked around so long with a life threatening condition that Josovitz gave me pain pills for. a lot of people are saying that he's a good doctor but I'm telling you - you are playing Russian roulette when you visit him. I'll never see him again, it took 3 surgeries to fix my problem that could have been fixed in one surgery if he had read my tests results.

May 11th, 2014

SHOULD BE INVESTIGATED FOR INSURANCE FRAUD. ORDERS UNNECESSARY TESTS FOR PATIENTS NOT EVEN RELATED TO THEIR OFFICE VISIT.

Nov 7th, 2013

Major excuse for a doctor. All he cares about is money and more money. Constantly ordering more test for things that has nothing to do with your office visit. He wants every patient to go thru a physical which is many test. He has lost his license once and should be investigated again. Unless you have plenty of money to throw away I would not advise anyone to go to this doctor

Not Bad... show details Not Bad...
May 18th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Josovitz for 3 or 4 years now and he is a really good doctor. He does have incredibly long wait and he can come across as test happy but the wait is worth it. I believe the reason he has such a long wait is that he welcomes walk ins and his scheduling staff tends to over book him which is no fault of his own. In regards to all the tests, they can be burdensome if you are sick or in pain but from my personal experience it is better to have too many tests than not enough. I had childhood diabetes but because I had doctors who would constantly glaze over any questions my parents and I had and refused to do tests that they deemed unnecessary I was not diagnosed until I was 21 years old. Dr. Josovitz is very thorough and is sure not to overlook any possible cause or effect of your illnesses or discomfort. He and his staff are very friendly and he always helps me find a way to afford my medical costs (diabetes aint cheap!). My only legitimate complaint about this doctor is that he plays Fox News in every room of his office :( ick

CPA show details CPA
by Lisa Fortner on Feb 25th, 2013

Love the Dr and the practice you do have a wait but its well worth it and the have drinks if you want them, this doctor always take care of my sickness and will see me anything he is open.

Jan 22nd, 2013

Dr Josovitz is an amazing doctor!!! There is a wait but its well worth it, he knows his patients inside and out. His staff is always caring and helpful everytime i go and he always gives me answers.

Nov 26th, 2012

Over 2 hour wait every time. I'm done.

FED UP! show details FED UP!
Jun 5th, 2012

This doctor is an absolute horrible doctor. I've given him chance after chance, and now I'm fed up. Each and every appointment I have ever been to (NOT EXAGGERATING) I have spent at least 3 hours there. & I've got a lot of health issues, so I've been there a lot. There have been many different things that have made me question why in the world he is even allowed to be a doctor. Let's start with last week. Last week, I was put to sleep, they're able to give you the results immediately afterward but I was told "the doctor is too busy to speak with you today so we'll need to schedule a follow up for the results" AND THEY ALL KNOW THAT I DON'T EVEN HAVE A CAR AND DEPEND ON OTHER PEOPLE TO GET ME THERE!!! So why in the world would they make me schedule a whole new appointment for something he can tell me in less than 5 minutes. Might I add that with this visit, I didn't even see the doctor!! I guess the only time he was even around me was when I was sleeping. Every time I have seen him, he brushes everything off like it's nothing & then schedules an appointment for some test that has absolutely nothing to do with what I was there for in the first place. I started going about 9 months ago, and that was for my back. TO THIS DAY we have not solved the back problem. When he told me I had an ulcer, that's all he told me. I knew nothing about ulcers, so I didn't know what questions to ask, and when I got home I had to figure it all out by myself. Then he tells me I have to get my gallbladder removed. Why? I'VE GOT NO IDEA!! Because he didn't tell me.. He rushes out of the room like he's got something soooo much better to do than to pay attention to the people who basically write his check every week. It makes me sick that people like this are given permission to play with peoples' lives. I'm to the point, where I think I might get a better diagnosis if I went to an effing VET! All of the high ratings on this page are probably him, trying to make himself look like a half way decent doctor, because trust me, if he can fool you into believing he cares, then you're more gullible than I can even sit here and describe. If you like living, I suggest you all get a new doctor.

Apr 25th, 2012

I've been with Dr. Mark for years and he has always taken good care of me, even saved my life. His office personnel are very compassionate & caring. I would like to commend them for all their hard work.

runs up your charges show details runs up your charges
Jan 25th, 2012

Horrible physician....someone needs to investigate his practice.

Great Dr. Poor office. show details Great Dr. Poor office.
Jan 19th, 2012

Dr mark is one of the best dr's I've been to. He diagnosed a threatening congenital heart disease I have. Was born with this and went undiscovered until I was 29 years old. He caught it by doing one of his many needed tests. Yes he does lots of tests but they are all for your benefit. If you have something wrong he will find it. His office staff are all nice people but they are overworked and so is he. They double book patients and he becomes overwhelmed. This dr is way to busy to be fully effective as a physician. The wait time is insane due to the over scheduling. Because of this I had to see another dr. I wish he would change his operations because he is truly a great dr. but the wait and his over exertion has hindered his practice.

Not Happy show details Not Happy
Aug 2nd, 2011

I have been to Dr.Mark several times and still not happy and he is test crazy.I still have problems and tired of being sick. Plus U have follow up after follow up and have to pay for it, I am on a limited budget and cannot afford to go back time after time! Tell me what is wrong after doing all the tests U put one through, on the 2nd follow up not more tests when U go back!!! Tired of test and results that have not helped!plus U do not see him but a few minutes and I pay to see the Doc not some nurse!

Tests, tests & more tests show details Tests, tests & more tests
Nov 9th, 2010

My daughter went in for an ingrown toenail....he ordered bloodwork and an ekg. He then referred her to a podiatrist. He is definitely test happy.

Jun 11th, 2010

Dr. Mark has taken very good care of me and my family and he is willing to accomodate our work schedule. He and his entire staff are very hard working and take very good care of all their patients. I appreciate him and would recommend him to everyone who is searching for a kind, caring and very smart physician.

This Doctor is good if you wanna end up dying from his diagnosage show details This Doctor is good if you wanna end up dying from his diagnosage
by Stressed ex Patient on Apr 8th, 2010

This Doctor had his PA put me on anxiety medicine for nine months, then for no reason at all, Took me off them and after takes three miligrams a day, they gave me seven pills to detox, which will cause me to seizure, I would not reccomend Stones River Medical, they run tests just for money, Once they were putting me to sleep for a test and the last thing i heard was the Dr, say this is the 15th one today and that is alot of money. I am definetely not going to let this go, My life is in stake.

by Patricia Siddons on Jan 6th, 2010

My husband had been dealing with high blood pressure and high sugar for years. Every Dr. he went to kept experimenting with different medications. Still no good results. After one visit with Dr. Mark Josovitz, his blood pressure and sugar is completely in control. He has never felt better in his life.

Love Dr. Mark and nurses, just not the front desk show details Love Dr. Mark and nurses, just not the front desk
by Citysearch User on Nov 9th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

Josovitz Mark S MD is a really great doctor, but I think his office workers need to be a little more knowledgeable. They are always nice, bu...

Jun 21st, 2009

Dr. Mark is a wonderful doctor, I wouldn't use anyone else...all the negative comments about him, like too many test, etc is horse po...he's not God, he needs to run the test to find out whats wrong...ding dong(s)...if you don't like the test and/or wait, go find another quack and/or go to school and become a doctor. He's a very loving/caring doctor and person...my whole family and friends use him :)

Josovitz Mark S MD is Second to None show details Josovitz Mark S MD is Second to None
by Citysearch User on Jun 17th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

If you know Dr. Josovitz, you would understand the comments, both negative and positive. He is one of the most thorough doctors I have seen,...

The Best show details The Best
by Citysearch User on May 8th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have been a patient of his for OVER 10 YEARS! He has always been professional, courteous, and thorough. Unfortunately, he is not my only d...

Amazing Doctor show details Amazing Doctor
by Citysearch User on Apr 27th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I have been going to Dr.Mark Dr.Josovitz for almost 10 years. I have never met a more caring, loving, and genuine doctor before. His staff...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
He is all about the money$$$$$$ Misdiagnosed show details He is all about the money$$$$$$ Misdiagnosed
by Citysearch User on Mar 1st, 2009 on insiderpages.com

My mother went to see him and for two days was put through a series of tests, 6 hours the first day and another 4 hours the second day for h...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
There are much better doctors. out there show details There are much better doctors. out there
by Citysearch User on Feb 23rd, 2009 on insiderpages.com

This is the worst doctor. we have had to deal with ever. He was rude, arrogant, tried to set my husband up with a ton of tests he did not n...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Dr. see you next week show details Dr. see you next week
by got a new doctor on Feb 12th, 2009

He does as he pleases, I did not feel he heard a word I said. Runs test over and over in ofice, calls you back week after week but never gives me the results, he made me feel there was somthing wrong with me and would not give me any full information. I have spent as many as 4 to 6 hours in his cold waiting rooms for test. I still don't know why he did them. I felt like I was part of a human testing factory with no results! Might I add.... no illnesses that he has made me aware of. Why a 19 year old would need a heart ultrasound and a 24 hour heart monitor, when I had a cold? dono, When I asked him how it went, he did not answer me, he was rude and said when I become a doctor he can discuss mdeicine with me, untill then leave the doctoring to him. I did not like being treated that way, found a new doc.

New Patient show details New Patient
by Citysearch User on Jul 17th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I was introduced to Dr, Mark as an inpatient at MTMC. He was wonderful. Great bedside manner, caring understanding and I always knew what ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Cannot get better show details Cannot get better
by Citysearch User on Apr 23rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Josovitz is the best. You will not find a physician who is more compassionate and concerned about his patients. Sherry, one of his top...

Me show details Me
by Citysearch User on Feb 20th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Josovitz, Dr. Mark to his patients, is the most caring and intelligent physician I`ve been to. He is so knowledgable and I reccomend h...

Aug 29th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Great doctor! The office can be crowded and the wait a little to long at times; but the staff and the Mark make up for it.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com