Orthopedic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist

Las Vegas Neurosurgery Ortho Rehab.
501 S Rancho Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89106
702-243-4700
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

• Currently 2.8275862068966 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo. Kudzu.
 |  Unacceptable and Negligent  |  show details
Oct 30th, 2013

This surgeon knew that he made a mistake on my loved one when operated on my family member's back. My family member now has to deal with problems concerning his hands, feet and has erectile dysfunction. This has been impactful to our relationship in trying to cope. Initially his bedside manner was very caring however the follow up appointments began to take a turn with him not being as interested in what my boyfriend shared during the visits. We soon discovered why as we began to see the results in the damage done. Knowing that he continues to practice is upsetting as we would not want anyone to go through this experience.

|  Horrible person  |  show details
Jun 8th, 2013

His malpractice is the reason my father slipped into a coma right after his surgery then passed away ! He then tried to cover it up. Horrible person who should be behind bars with all his lawsuits

by Scott Hargreaves on May 8th, 2013

Surgery went very well, Dr Kabins informed me of everything that happened and what to expect. Good bedside manner, excellent followup.

|  Thank you!  |  show details
by Walter P. on Mar 9th, 2013

"Very satisfied. Returned to normal live after surgery. Thank you Dr. Kabins."

|  A Excellent Physician  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2012

I had been seeing a neurologist for over 2 years who was not correctly assessing my problem. After obtaining a current MRI, Dr Kabins correctly diagnosed my problem and gave me all the options available. He worked with my insurance to make sure that I was covered and my Employer's Disability Department to make sure I got the time I needed for recovery after surgery. I was VERY happy with the results. NO MORE CHRONIC PAIN. Every aspect of my contact with him and his helpful friendly staff was exceptional. He really cares about you as a person and works with your primary Doctor to make sure you are taken care of before, during and after. He covers all the bases with aftercare. I work in the health care field and had heard horror stories about botched procedures for over 20 years. I was terrified initially, but greatly reassured by a former patient & the Doctor's demeanor, experience and credentials that he was the best Doctor I could possibly find. Extremely happy in all respects !!

|  A great Dr.  |  show details
by Tammy Bingman on Sep 4th, 2012

Dr.Kabins did my husbands back surgery. My husband feels 100% better. We couldn't ask for more.

|  Thanks  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

Dr. Kabins put my spine back together when all the other Doctors told me I would never walk again! He did a fully spine surgery on me and I'm still walking sixteen years later!Thanks to a wounderful Doctor

|  past patient  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2011

Had both neck and low back fusions in 2006. The very first visit he seemed to be caring and through but after that his bedside manner and concern seemed to slip. My sister had taken me in for a follow-up after my second surgery and afterwords her opinion of him was not good at all. I had been having problems with my right leg and foot after the low back surgery and still do to this day but when I had mentioned it to him he just shrugged it off as unimportant. My neck surgery went very well and is still good. After I had stopped going to him I had heard about all his legal dealings and chalked up his lack of concern and lousy bedside manner to his personal problems. I wish i had known at the time of all his personal problems as I would have gone to someone else. Having major surgeries such as the type he performs requires a clear mind and conscience. I always check into the dr's I see now. Also, the office waits were much more than an hour 99% of the time. It's not much fun when your in there for a follow-up just after you've had your surgery. Wish I had more positive comments for those of you in need.

May 24th, 2011

Criminal, Wouldn't trust him with my dog..

|  Never will be the same  |  show details
May 7th, 2011

I had cervical fusions done by this Dr. and I was one of the unfortunate ones that waited in the hospital for him to come back and do the surgeries that were scheduled in advance and then he had many surgeries backed up waiting for him to return while he went to supposedly testify in court. I have suffered ever since then I told him on more than one of my visits after the surgery that I was not doing well. Now I just had my third neck surgery and thanks to this Dr. I will never be the same. The wait is pure nonsense for a visit that is a fact just like the news reported it is the facts and he is not in the business to help people it is the money I know of at least 4 other people that he has left damaged.

|  Kim  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

he is one of the best dr.s I have seen. The wait time can be a little long , but if he is running behind his staff will take your number and you can go have lunch or shop and they will call you to come back so you are not sitting there all day. He did a GREAT job on my back and I will not let anyone but him work on my spine again.

|  Best Dr. in Las Vegas  |  show details
Jan 31st, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Kabins, and I have to 5 friends who all used him for surgery. I can't say enough about the time and care he gave me during my surgery. He is truly a great Doctor and wonderful person.

|  fusion  |  show details
Jan 23rd, 2011

Dr. Kabins performed fusion on my lower back 10 yrs ago in 2001. I am now 59 yrs old and just started golfing. I thank him for giving me a basically my life back, the surgery turned out much better than I could ever have imagined and have been able to do many things that I couldnt have before

|  LOVE HIM!  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

He is straight forward!

Jul 15th, 2010

I would never recommend this butcher to anyone. He fused my back and I still have the same pain as before just now I have metal in me and now the dr. will not do anymore to try and fix the problem. Very unprofessional. Not a doctor to see!!!

Feb 25th, 2010

Finally someone who would listen to me. I did wait a long time,but it was worth it. Nice to be able to watch a good movie while waiting. Dr. Kabins gave me his full attention and wanted to help me.He even called me in the evening when I left a message for him with more questions. Thank you Doc.

|  Katie  |  show details
by Katie on May 21st, 2009

I had two appointments with this man. Both times I had to wait over 4 hours for my appointment. He misdiagnosed part of my problem (the other was apparent and I could have found it.) He ran in and out of the exam room so quick you couldn't get a question in. I don't see how anyone can say this man is worth a spit as a doctor.

|  Dr. Kabins is an Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
Apr 15th, 2009

Dr. Kabins has operated on my neck and spine and he is a caring/skilled Doctor. Follow-up visits have always been good. In the Cedar City location there is a wait, but you can go shopping, home and they will call you when ready. This Doctor is worth the wait!

by pain away on Mar 24th, 2009 on yahoo.com

Agreed, this doctor does have a long wait, but if you're already a patient of his, you understand the reason for the wait and there are no complaints, besides, they have great movies. He's a phenominal doctor and the wait is only because he takes as much time as needed to spend with each of his patients and makes sure that all of their questions and concerns are addressed. Its better than waiting 4 hours to see a doctor who is only going to spend 15 minutes with you, send you on your way with questions unanswered and feeling like you waited that long to be rushed out of their office, thats for sure. I've been down that road, he's not that guy. If you want the best care, come see him, but bring a book!

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  2 spine fusions  |  show details
by Linda DeRooy on Sep 28th, 2008

Dr Kabins has operated on my spine twice in the past 2 years. He is simply the BEST there is. There might be a wait to see the Doctor, because he is in such demand, but if you want fast food you should go to McDonalds. He is precise and does a through job. His bedside manner is excellent! He is a very caring physician.

Sep 4th, 2008

WAITING FOR 5 HOURS AFTER A CONFIRMED APPOINTMENT TO SEE THE DOCTOR IS TOTALLY UNACCAEPTABLE. WHY BOOK PATIENTS WHEN YOU KNOW YOU CANNOT SEE THEM IN A TIMELY FASHION?

|  Love him!  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2008

Dr. Kabins is top notch. He did a wonderful job on my cervical fusion, his incision was near invisible, and I did not have as much as a sore throat after my cervical fusion. His surgical skills are great. I trust him completely with slicing and cutting near my spinal cord. I have trusted him with my life and I would do it again! As far as his bedside manner is concerned, he is blunt not much for niceties. But honestly, my husband and I adore him. He has shown me genuine compassion and I love him for taking me out of pain.

|  Total out of pain  |  show details
by trollins on Jul 7th, 2008 on kudzu.com

two years ago, I could hardly walk. I was in constant pain. After my surgery I am totally pain free. I don't like the long wait in the clinic. But he really helped me

|  Great Results  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2008

After being made to wait for surgery almost 2 years by workers comp Dr. Kabins did a wonderful job with my surgery. He told me of all the risks and possible outcome of the surgery. While I do have some limitations the overall results are far better than I expected.

Jun 18th, 2008

Horrible experience

Jun 2nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

Wow! Be prepared to wait 4 - yes that's right - 4 hours to see this guy. This is an absurd amount of time to wait, especially for those that are in excrutiating pain from back injuries. The staff is rude - his assistant never calls back and even hung up o

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
 |  First Hand experience  |  show details
by sheslivin on Apr 26th, 2008 on kudzu.com

I can say first hand that Dr. Kabins is a miracle worker, I can't report anything negative about him except that sometimes you will sit in his waiting room for half a day but he is so worth it! He has done three surgeries on my spine I could barely walk when I finally went to see him after trying all other means to stop the pain therapy, drugs, rest, nerve blocks none of them worked this man allowed me to have my life back. He rebuilt my lower spine and repaired my C spine. he was always compassionate and understanding.

|  Beware....  |  show details
by Coyote on Oct 6th, 2006 on kudzu.com

If you are going to this surgeon for an injury that occurred at work. While I have heard that he was a great surgeon at one time at some point he sold out to the Insurance Companies. In my experience with this Doctor my care was less than stellar and barely adequate. No, I'm sorry I'm giving him too much credit. If you are being referred to this Doctor through a Workers Compensation carrier exercise your rights and demand to choose a different Doctor from the list.