Pain Management

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu. CitySearch.
íwont see a doctor who is deaf to me.,.. show details íwont see a doctor who is deaf to me.,..
by JPN on Jul 28th, 2015

8 have been t9 too many d9ctors that don't hear me never really hear what I say and leav me feeling bullied ImToWeek to tired n in way to much pain looks like I need to cancel my spot with him'.. my insurance won't cover me if I see him n chañge my mind añd switch doctors... so thank u for ohnest

by Beverly Robertson on Mar 19th, 2015

Everyone made me feel very comfotable and injections helped a great deal.

Awesome doc! show details Awesome doc!
by Rose on Jan 6th, 2015

Truly thoughtful and caring. He is not a pill-pusher, so patients looking for narcs will likely find him "difficult." He seems to be focused on finding solutions, not BandAids!!

Your concerns fall on deaf ears. show details Your concerns fall on deaf ears.
by Lisa Helton on Aug 14th, 2014

Does not listen. Gives horrible advice. Condescending demeanor. Waited 1 hour to be seen. Lied about being a surgeon. Worst medical experience I have had in my entire life!

Arrogant, demeaning, rude & disrespectful. show details Arrogant, demeaning, rude & disrespectful.
Apr 11th, 2014

Mark Kallgren is the most arrogant, rude, disrespectful and demeaning individual I have ever met. I felt extremely attacked and immediately put on the defense, My words were twisted against me. He did not listen to a word I said. he was not interested in understanding my situation, but certainly ready to attack, accuse, label and try to corner me into a category that does not apply to me in any way. His diagnosis closed minded and is biased to fit his personal beliefs and not the truthful situation at hand. I don't know who the four star rating reviews saw, but it definately was not the individual in the office with me. I'd give a big ZERO if I could, and he deserves less than that. I do not recommend him in any way.

Beware of Kallgren / I almost died. show details Beware of Kallgren / I almost died.
by Sammy on Oct 31st, 2013

Kallgren suggested a switch in medication which I agreed to after he told me it would be safe for me to take. He had a complete list all my other prescriptions but he gave me a sample of the medication for me to try. It was not a safe med for me. I'm still recovering and considering legal action but wanted to let people know that this doctor is sloppy and dangarous. There are many other good docs in the area. keep looking for one.

Thank You ! show details Thank You !
by Heidi on Oct 14th, 2013

Dr. Kallgren is unbelievably compassionate....I had spinal injections & throughout he was very attentive to my comfort & pain level. His staff is friendly & welcoming & I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Mark Kallgren. I've seen him a few times over the years & each time he HEARD me when most other drs. did not. It feels amazing to be validated. I give him 6 stars!

Patient- Would recommend to best friend, family member, colleague show details Patient- Would recommend to best friend, family member, colleague
Jan 22nd, 2011

Dr. Kallgren (and his team at OAG) is an exceptionally fine Pain Physician. He is highly skilled, very knowledgable, and works very hard to help patients, even those who have been "written off" by other health care providers. He is equally skilled within the clinic situation, as well as any type of medical intervention. He is conservative in his prescriptions of medication use or surgical interventions and at the same time carefully compassionate in providing what a patient needs. If he is unsure about a possible solution to a problem, he will work hard to identify solutions. I have personally been told by a myriad of doctors and nurses within the Portland area that they believe him to be the best in his field..anywhere. I give him 5 stars over and above your 4 star rating.

He's the best there is! show details He's the best there is!
by msg on Sep 12th, 2008 on kudzu.com

Excellent, thougtful care. Very compassionate office staff. Good parking, clean office. No complaints!!

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
Top Notch show details Top Notch
by Paul on Aug 2nd, 2008

Despite my age and poor hearing, he really took the time to listen and explain my condition. He's the best!

by Tennisjk on Mar 16th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Expert care for complex pain problems: uses medications, injections, Botox, and even surgery if needed.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Mar 13th, 2008

Very thoughtful, knowaledable willing to take time to explaine subject matter in a way that anyone can understand. Much more favorable comments can be made except for timd. Thank you Dr. Kallgren!!!!

Aug 14th, 2007

Blew me away with his knowledge and compassion.