Dr. Mark Kappelman MD Patient Reviews

3.2

• Good
  • Bad

February 15th, 2016
These ratings are based on my experience with this physician -- not as the patient, but as a family member responsible for the care and well-being of one of his patients. I personally accompanied the patient on the post-op visit. I was appalled to witness, first-hand, Dr. Kappelman's abrupt bedside manner and unwillingness to go over the discharge instructions with us so that we could provide safe proper care at home. Given the general lack of information, we did the best we could based on what little information we did have, but complications set in anyway. I can't help but think that if the doctor had just LISTENED to us, received our questions with gratitude and not treated us like we didn't have the sense to know what were were asking about, that the complications could and would have been avoided. I don't mean to be unfair or unkind to this physician, but I find it difficult to understand how he could behave this way. Doesn't he understand that cooperative families are a good thing? Is it just pride and arrogance? Arrogance is NOT a marker of superb clinical skill, but the actual OPPOSITE.

November 14th, 2015
Exceptionally Poor Bedside Manner
This physician has the most atrocious bedside manner I have witnessed in over 30 years of professional practice! His surgical skill is merely adequate. He did not welcome or respond appropriately to patients' earnest questions about diagnosis and care routines to be managed at home. His communication was far below poor to the point of almost non-existent. Professional courtesy and collegiality were noticeably absent from the clinical encounter as were demonstrations of engagement in evidence-based best practices by him and his office nursing staff. I must, however, give him credit for being a shrewd businessman. The receptionist communicated promptly and courteously with the manners of a consummate professional. The office waiting room was densely populated by numerous well-to-do patients who were courteously escorted to an exam room ahead of some apparently indigent patients booked at the same time. Perhaps this office practice shows us just what Dr. Kappelaman's real priorities and skills are.

March 20th, 2015
He is one of the worth Dr I met

March 2nd, 2009
poor doctor poor care
I think this is one of the worst doctors when it comes to bedside manner and seeing his critically ill hospital patients. My father was one of his patients when he went into cardiac arrest he was called by the nurse and the ER doctor and he refused to come and told them not to call him I think that was rude and very uncaring seeing that my father put sole trust in him he was very thoughtless and unconcerned so it was noted in my fathers medical records this doctor should have his license revolked.

October 26th, 2016