Dr. Mark Killman MD Patient Reviews

• Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Independence, MO

2.6

April 25th, 2016
I had a great experience with Dr. Killman and his staff. He was able to diagnose carpal tunnel and refer me on to an excellent surgeon to get it fixed. I feel amazing now and have my primary physician, Dr. Killman and surgeon to thank for that. Would highly recommend.

December 16th, 2015
unprofessional
This Dr is very unprofessional! Rude! And a jerk! Wouldn't send my enemy here!

December 9th, 2015
Second EMG done from another doc!!
I had a second opinion after this guy was absolutely awful. I'm the 4th one down from this post, and a year later I have a second emg done just weeks ago. Guess what!! Dr killman that told me nothing is wrong with me before my tests, and the many other things I could complain how awful He is And treated me is WRONg! I have carpal tunnel. So if you went to him, make sure u get second opinion!!!$

October 8th, 2015
Abusive
He was incredibly rude. Dr Killman informed me that " no previous injury could possibly still be causing you pain ". My leg has suffered a multiple compound fracture, massive damage in a car wreck and has had a failed surgery. He said the procedure couldn't cause pain unless I was an Opioid addict. I take at most two pills per week. I don't like the side effects. He said that doesn't matter if I took 2 a week I'm still an addict. When he couldn't get the results he wanted he turned his equipment to the highest level they would go. I would never recommend him to anyone under any circumstances. Terrible physician, horrible bedside manner, and dismissive of pain.

September 15th, 2015
This guy was a monster. Called me (his patient) names and after administering a painful test (which I couldn't tolerate) ripped the leads from my arm and threw them at his computer. After storming out of the exam room he then slammed the door and muttered angrily in his office ... The guy should NOT be in contact with the public

December 17th, 2014
PLEASE do NOT see this "DR"
He was awful. The worst doctor I've ever experieneed in bed side manners. Never in my life have I ever been treated so poorly. As soon as we walked in the door the way he treated me was extremely rude, disrespectful, arrogant, and completely unprofessional. (I'm so glad I had a friend with me) The questions he asked made me feel he had his mind already set what he was going to tell me before and after the test. He tried telling me he doesn't understand why I'm in pain, that my condition isn't painful, and im too young to be in pain or have anything wrong with me. (I'm 31). During the test he kept repeating how much he couldn't believe me in how much pain I've been in and during the test as he roughly handled me as well. After the test he says "there's nothing wrong with you" the test doesn't lie, it doesn't matter if your hands are swollen, painful, tingling, and can't bend them or push on them properly, the test shows there's no nerve problems and that's that. He said there will be 100 more doctors to tell me the same after I asked him if it could be something else other than carpal tunnel, like maybe arthritis, or tendonitis or whatever else that's causing all the issues, he says I'm too young for any of that stuff and that he can say it again he doesn't show anything is wrong with me. He was comparing me to him saying if he were to bend his back and it hurts, he wouldn't need treatment, he would just go on with his day. I take it as a blessing if his tests are what he says it is But I'm almost even questioning that because of his behaviour. I'm not upset that I didn't get the answers on my issues, It's frustrating dont get me wrong, what I'm upset about and brought me to tears today is how horrible of a person This man truly is in any type of manners. In all honesty the test is uncomfortable and painful in some spots but I'm worse off now than I was before I went in. His rough handling and careless mindset makes it hard to believe this doctor should even be allowed to be in the profession. Instead of people writing reviews, why isn't this guy being reviewed? Maybe my voice will make a difference so no one else can experience the nightmare I had.

July 28th, 2014
Thorough diagnosis
I had to wait a little bit in the waiting room. This doctor seemed very experienced. It is not an especially comfortable test, but I felt I was in competent hands and Dr. Killman explained the process and findings in an understandable way. The results went back to my doctor the same day, I think, and that was that. The lady in the office was really friendly and nice too.

June 18th, 2013
This Dr. has NO bedside manner. Did explain results. Tried to tell me where I hurt. Did explain procedure before starting. Very gruff. Tried to compare my injury to his. For anyone seeing him for EMG research it on your own--cause he certainly will not explain it.

May 2nd, 2013
Dr. Sadistic
Worst Dr. I have ever seen. Was extremely rude from the moment he walked in the door he had his mind made up what the outcome was going to be. I've had other EMG's before, never was I left bruised and so swollen. When I mentioned he was being to rough, he said I apparently don't handle pain well. Afterwards he said theirs not a thing wrong with you. You just can't handle your job and should find a new occupation. I have to wonder if the few good reviews that I see are by non work comp people.

April 3rd, 2013
the doctor was rude dismissive bruised my hands terribly told me I was overly sensitive to pain asked if I took alot of pain meds( I don't) for God's sake run the other way

July 18th, 2012
Great doctor!
Dr. Killman was very friendly and knowledgeable. He listened to me explain my symptoms and asked his own questions to clarify. He explained what would happen during the EMG and nerve test. And he thoroughly explained my results afterward. I would definitely recommend him to my friends.

January 6th, 2012
stay away
this guy should be avoided at all costs...he is rude and worst patient manner i have ever experienced. hard of hearing and seems to want to argue with you.

Health Guides