Dr. Mark Klafter DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 9th, 2016
Team approach
First off, he uses med students. They are thorough, but obviously no substitute for a specialty doctor. Dr. Klafter then comes in, goes through a thorough evaluation , and then answers my questions. In fact, most of the questions were answered even before I could ask them. If you don't like the team approach of med students, he might not be for you. If it works for you, this is your guy. One other thing, he also uses his partners for the team approach. All of them have their areas of interest, so ideas are discussed between visits. I know some people who have also seen more than one of the doctors in the group for different neuro-related problems (like sleep, seizures). That seems to work out well.

September 4th, 2016
Tells it like it is
Difficult to admit, but I needed a doctor who explained my problem, and how I am part of it. This guys is not a "Dr. Feelgood" who tells you every thing is OK, and then sends you on his way. Rather, he took the time with me to explain what I needed to do to get better. This style may rub some people the wrong way, but in the end for me it was worth it. I appreciate someone who is looking at the big picture and not just trying to be my friend

August 20th, 2016
Perfect for me
Great because: 1. Consistently thorough 2. Thoughtful. A real person 3. He gives me a plan to manage my problems at the end of each visit 4. My primary likes him 5. He lets his med students get the first "crack" at my updates, yet always listens to them....and me!!

August 12th, 2016
Not my kind of doctor
Perhaps he has good days and bad days with his personality, but the day I was there, he showed no concern for me, was very terse and disrespectful during my appointment with him. Have decided not to return.

July 30th, 2016
Thoroughly speaks to each aspect of my care
Thorough in his approach, Dr. K reviews each of my problems related to the main reason why I came to see him in the first place. He reviews my meds, exercise program, therapies, and even sleep. Rare these days to see a doc who does this. Quite a find.

July 13th, 2016
This doctor needs some humility and kindness
His behavior was harsh and arrogant. He also complained to me that he did not have my records to review when I had them sent twice and confirmed they were there prior to my appointment. Notice that this doctor has 155 reviews, meaning it appears that more than his patients review him, possibly family and friends.

July 3rd, 2016
Straight shooter
He gave it to me straight, and answers all my questions. Simple. I couldn't ask for more.

May 30th, 2016
Worth the trip
After moving an hour away, I decided to stay with Dr. Klafter. It is worth the trip, as I never have had a doctor this dedicated to my care. Wish I lived closer, but still staying with him!

May 26th, 2016
Wonderful experience!
Dr. Klafter has taken such good care of my husband for over 5 years now. He is extremely caring a knowledgeable and his staff is lovely.

May 14th, 2016
Second Generation Patient
Dr. Klafter took such good care of my father years ago. I found him to not just be incredibly caring, but also the type of physician who would always come up with ways to enhance his quality of life and the 'health' of our family. Naturally, he was the one to go to for my problem related to the nervous system, and again I could not be happier.

April 24th, 2016
Temperamental doctor
The doctor has some serious ego issues. Could not have been a worse experience.

March 22nd, 2016
Dr. Klafter can be blistering rude and not think twice about it.
Completely agree with other reviewer who says he belittles patients and has a horrible temper. Absolutely. I even witnessed him belittling his own staff. As I have said before, if you happen to have a specific type of problem he knows about, you may get help. But as for me, after experiencing what I experienced, I will only warn others to stay away.