Neurologists

Neurological Services of Orlando
3849 Oakwater Cir
Orlando, FL 32806
407-240-1762
Locations and availability (1)

3.0

• Currently 3.3191489361702 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Try to find a better doctor  |  show details
Aug 15th, 2014

He can be easily angered and will let you know it.

|  MY LUCK IS NOT USUALLY THIS GOOD !!!  |  show details
by BARRY W. on Apr 26th, 2014

Dr. Klafter set the stage during my initial interview, making it clear that my efforts were expected o be commensurate with his plan for my recovery. He does not disappoint. I found him to be meticulous and focused on my case. He is organized,analytical, polite and professional. He invested an adequate amount of time to insure I understood what he was doing and why. It was an interesting experience, especially his use of the most current technology. His reports and prescriptions awaited me by the time I reached the checkout desk. My recovery is progressing,and my life is already measurably better. Considering my situation Dr. Klaster was, and continues to be a blessing.

|  His arrogance and rudeness overwhelm patients  |  show details
Mar 6th, 2014

|  Patient  |  show details
by Annoyed on Feb 13th, 2014

After my first appointment, I thought Dr. Klafter was wonderful. He took great notes, he spent alot of time with me and he was very thorough. I even thanked him at the end of the appt for being so thorough. He even asked me to rate him on this site. I'm so glad I didn't do it on that day because every appointment after that he was different. Everytime I saw him after that he was very arrogant, insensitive and rude. I was shocked. When he started treating me badly, I would stress out everytime I had an appt with him. His office staff is the worst I ever seen. If you call the office, you cannot speak to a real person, you have to leave a message and wait for them to call you back. If you are lucky, you might get a call back in a few days. Sometimes, it has taken them more than a week for them to call me back, this is after I've called several times, of course. When they do call you back, they are rude.

|  Strokes and Migraines  |  show details
Feb 5th, 2014

I really admire Dr. Klafter. He is very knowledgeable, helpful, compassionate, and clearly explains your condition to you. However, I gave him an overall 2 stars because I can never get in to see him. His secretary takes days to call you back and there is no emergency lines or appointments. When he was first referred to me it took 3 weeks for me to get in contact with someone. If I have health questions I have no one to speak to or ask. He is a great doctor but the scheduling and secretary needs serious work.

|  Rude, arrogant, insensitive  |  show details
Dec 16th, 2013

Could never recommend this doctor.

Sep 27th, 2013

Dr M. Klafter... trying to get in touch with you. Planning our annual PITT Gymnast tailgate - Oct 16th. See if you can make it. It would be great to see you.PITT Gymnast - Comini Email: Marty.Comini@nabors.com

|  Retired Airline Pilot  |  show details
Aug 25th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr.Mark Klafter for over ten yers, and believe that his expertise in Neurology and especially Parkinson's disease has helped me maintain a good quality of life with this disease. Dr. Klafter's excellent knowledge of Parkinson's allows him to anticipate my symptoms and problems before they arrive and I, therefore, can confront them with a clear understanding of how PD will be impacting my life. I am grateful to him for the excellent care I've received all these years. Dr. Klafter has and continues to "walk" this journey with me.

|  flight attendant  |  show details
by amy michelle atallah on Jul 26th, 2013

I spent 90 min with Dr Mark Klafter, he is such a wonderful Doctor. I got to his office at my appt time and he was waiting for me!!! He spent so much time explaining everything to me. Very honest and intelligent. Advised me of what need to be done and went over everything in such detail.....It is so nice to have this experience... I would not trust anyone as much as I trust him.. Thank you Dr.Klafter

|  Dr. Klafter--epitomizes excellence in practice!  |  show details
by Thomas S on May 22nd, 2013

I was Dr. Klafter's patient for two months in 2013. I'd sought from him a second opinion on a vexing neurological matter after my first neurologist was rather timid and reluctant to make a final diagnosis (and would have kept me longterm on medicine I did not need). Dr. Klafter has a busy practice, so it was not easy to get in to see him initially; however, the wait was worth it. At my first appointment, it was clear that Dr. Klafter had thoroughly read my voluminous file and was well-aquainted with my case. He had a great bedside manner, was cordial, and treated me like I was his most important patient of the day. He wanted to hear my perspectives on the matter. He listened intently, every now and then asking questions. He ran some in-office tests, and following that revealed what he suspected would be his daignosis based on the file, the test results he'd seen in the file, my physical condition, and my narrative. However, even though he suspected a final diagnosis to be favorable, due to the volume of the file he had received and the fact that the previous physician would not make a definitive call, he recommended further confirmatory tests. Following the tests he ordered, I once again met with Dr. Klafter, who had reviewed those test results along with another doctor in his practice. They had reached the same favorable diagnosis independently of each other. I went off the medicine that I'd been taking--and didn't need--and have been in fine shape since then! Had the diagnosis not have been favorable, I would still write this review. Dr. Klafter is friendly, professional, a good listener, intuitive, and I give him my highest recommendation.

Apr 30th, 2013

It took 4 months to get an appointment. But Dr Klafter was worth the wait. Dr Klafter is kind, caring and knowledgable. He reviewed my scans with me and explained what he saw in english instead of medical jargon.

|  Choose another doctor  |  show details
Apr 14th, 2013

|  Caring, Attentive Physician  |  show details
by Elizabeth L. on Mar 25th, 2013

I was fortunate to be referred to Dr Klafter for my neuropathic condition. He is extremely thorough in explaining what my condition entails and what to expect. He created a treatment plan that has helped me manage my pain and understand what I need to do day by day. I did not find his staff to be anything other than courteous to me. Yes, I have to wait on average about a half hour before I am seen; but the wait is worth it because I know he is giving other patients the same caring concern and attention that he always gives me.

|  Awesome  |  show details
by JJ on Mar 24th, 2013

Read some online reviews, but did not believe he would be THAT good. Not only did he figure out my problem, he gave me a plan for managing it. This included the right exercises. He is not a pill pusher, but the rare specialist who figures out what is best for the patient now and long term (his words during the visit, but he proved it). Feeling better already, and my mind is at ease knowing it wasn't anything serious. He did really did not seem to need that much time to figure out the problem, but took extra time to EXPLAIN it.

|  Awesome  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2012

He doesn't just tell you the diagnosis, but also hands you a summary before you leave. I have never heard of something like that. There are too many times I go to docs who say what's up, but all the details get lost. Not the case here with this awesome neurologist!

|  It takes alot  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2012

It takes alot to run a successful practise. The only thing keeping your patients is Dr. Klafter himself. Your secretary and the phone system for the office is the worst I have come accross in my experience in the medical field with my alzheimer father and Mother who has congestive heart failure. I hope you read this and secret shop your own practise to see the obomination of a secretary - who doesn't call back until past 48 hours and is totally out of touch with your patients.

|  Cannot rate Doctor Office Staff is a Nightmare.  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2012

Attempting to obtain appointment with this physician for 3 months. Office staff near impossible to speak with, had to leave messages multiple times, states will return call in 24 hours however waited longer than 24 hours once, the rest of the time never received return call. Stated that they never received records from referring physician (multiple times, although referring physician's staff sent via fax minimum of 2 times to his office). When finally got an appointment (contacted by the Dr's office staff to schedule this, 6 weeks in future), when arrived for appointment, was not on the schedule and turned away.Would love to know how this doctor is -- have a difficult problem to deal with -- however unable to actually get in.

|  Best Neurologist in Orlando  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2011

Dr. Klafter has been my neurologist for over five years. He got me on the right treatment to help control my problem. I will never forget how he was the first person who could explain it clearly and put my mind at ease. Since then he has never rushed me through appointments, and seems to remember many things about other medical problems. Even though he is a neurologist, he is the rare specialist who treats me like a whole person. I think he is the best neurologist in Orlando.

|  Top Doctor  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2011

Dr. Klafter took the time I needed, even though I was late for my first appointment. He answered all my questions. He is thorough and patient.

|  Dr. Klafter's staff is the worst that I have EVER encountered.  |  show details
Mar 15th, 2011

Dr. Klafter's staff is the worst that I have EVER encountered. Dr. Klafter's staff are very rude, very unhelpful and unconcerned about Dr. Klafter's patients. Dr. Klafter's knowledge is impressive but completely compromised by his staff's lack of concern for his patients. I would STRONGLY recommend that you search for a different Neurologist.

|  Greatful for Dr. Klafter  |  show details
Feb 16th, 2011

Dr. Klafter has been good to me and for me. I'm amazed at how much time he spends with me and explains details. He listend to me and looks past the obvious and has explored other options for what is going on with me. I know that what's in my chart is correct because he dictates the notes in front of me to make sure that he's accurate. My only problem is with the staff. They are very nice but don't always have good follow through. I've had to call multiple times to get a return call (which is always by Dr. Klafter himself). There have been other errors as well but I like Dr. Klafter enough to tolerate the mishaps.

Jan 19th, 2011

He's an excellent Doctor but his wait time is terrible. We have to go to work and he's not considerate of our time.

|  Thorough  |  show details
by Jim on Oct 15th, 2010

My wife and I were both impressed with Dr. Klafter's thorough approach. We didn't know there was an outstanding neurologist in our new residence (Orlando). He went over the full collection of MRI's after listening to my whole story and examining me. Now that I am under treatment, my problem is a lot better. Although it was easy to get an appointment, the time from scheduling to the day was more than a month, but now I have the right neurologist the first time.

|  Disappointed...  |  show details
Aug 28th, 2010

I found that when I called and left a message with the after hours staff during a respiratory emergency on two separate occasions, a call was never returned. I found that Dr. Klafter stated several important particulars incorrectly in my records. Both myself as a patient, family, found him to be abrupt and off putting in the initial appointment and then was followed with up 4 weeks later in his office with a 5 minute test and no q/a following. Just completed the test and "good day". Myself and visitor were left stunned in the room not sure if he was coming back or he was done with me. I feel if I am going to see you twice over almost 11 weeks, you are going to run tests, that you would have the courtesy of allowing me to followup with my questions to the testing; 5 more minutes of your time and clarity and close for the patient would have been invaluable.

|  clear  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2010

Dr. Klafter was able to decipher my condition, and present it in English. Since then, he has never rushed me through check ups, and he always treats me like an individual. Although my problem is not life-threatening, he still treats me with the compassion that I wish was more common these days.

Feb 18th, 2009