Dr. Mark Krinock MD Patient Reviews

• Neurological Surgery Kalamazoo, MI

• Good
  • Bad

November 11th, 2015
I have complicated spinal issues from top to bottom. I have had 4 spinal surgeries, with last 2 being performed by Dr. Krinock. Dr. Krinock is an excellent technical surgeon in my opinion. He reads his all of the scans on his own and doesn't rely on radiology reports, which is a good thing. His initial exams are generally performed by his P.A., and then you consult with him after. Dr. Krinock is not a warm and fuzzy type dr. He is; however, compassionate to a degree. I will take a confident, competent surgeon over warm and fuzzy any day of the week. I have always found him to be willing to spend as much time as you need snd he will answer questions related to your condition, but be ready for straight non sugar-coated answers. He has been upbeat and positive on days of surgery when you meet pre-op. Dr. Krinock has generally met once after surgery, then P.A. follows up accordingly during your stay, per my experience. I am not related or a friend, nor have I been paid for this review. I am a patient that has had 2 major surgeries performed in my back and neck by Dr. Krinock, and I will not hesitate to see him when the next time comes around.

October 21st, 2014
Bad Experience- two visits
If you enjoy rude doctors who chastise you for asking questions regarding major surgery, then this is the doctor for you. The other negative comments are spot-on. (I did not view this site prior to my visits.). His poor demeanor is obviously not an isolated incident. During my visit he had absolutely no compassion nor understanding that people do not have major spinal surgery every day. He was annoyed at my questions and made me feel afraid to ask any. Those with positive comments on this site must be friends, relatives, or have been paid. There are plenty of better options in the area. Some of the methods he proposed for my surgery were not current methods in which to handle the problem. He has a reputation as a technically good surgeon. However, I cannot understand how anyone would possibly feel comfortable dealing with his uncaring, unprofessional, rude attitude. I was simply stunned at some of the things he said, and the rude manner in which he said them.

March 3rd, 2014
I am so thankful for Dr. Krinock & his staff. He really took the time to explain to myself & my husband what was going on with my spine. He listened to me and really understood how much pain I was in. He recommended surgery and I had no doubt that I was in good hands with Dr. Krinock. After being in so much pain for so long and getting to the point of limping, the surgery was very successful. No more pain. No more limping. Im stronger every day. I have my life back!

August 21st, 2013
Terrible attitude
I was leery about seeing Dr. Krinik after reading other reviews of him and was right to be so. I went ahead with my scheduled appointment anyway and regretted not finding someone else when I had the chance. He literally laughed when I repeated the radilogists findings and he deemed them wrong in their diagnosis, simply because he wasn't willing to take on the risk of surgery. Pompous in attitude, a doctor who does not view the body in a hollistic way. Quick to disregard symptoms in order to get you out the door as soon as possible. Does not listen to complaints or history and talks down to you. TURN BACK WHILE YOU HAVE THE CHANCE, RESCHEDULE WITH SOMEONE WHO WILL TREAT YOU WITH RESPECT!

March 23rd, 2013
Retired Secretary
Clearly explained the surgical procedure. Very honest about what to expect. He performed thi same surgery 17 years ago and it became necessary to repair a vertabrae above and one below the previous installed hardware. Dr.Krinock are very professional and caring. They made me feel special and helped with my problem every way they could. He is exactly the Dr. for your problem.

August 25th, 2012
Dr. Krinock is a very compassionate & professional doctor. I have, and will continue to recommend him to others.

August 17th, 2012
Not any help
This doctor was rude, lied about results on MRI's when we know what MRI's look like, was almost getting irritated because I asked a lot of question. He just referred me to another doctor and once again, wrote a prescription when I'm already on many narcotic drugs for my back. I'm sure he made Pfizer happy though. I will NEVER go to him again and I've passed that along to my friends.

February 1st, 2012
Someone finally fixed me!
After 2 previous back surgeries with other dr. At Borgess I am very frustrated when my back went out again (I am ony 24). Dr krinock thought my case important enough to hold me in the hospital for a week and then did my surgery as soon as he could. Every single day he came in and talked to me, he also had his co workeers check in as well. He listened to me and worked with me with an after care program. I shortly became pregnant after my fusion and we were worried about how that would effect his work. After delivering a healthy baby boy we went back to see him and all is well. It has been two year since my last surgery and I feel fantastic. His bedside manner great. Eye contact. Listening. He didn't read my chart as I was talking to him, it seemed like he remembered me or at least brushed up on me before he came into see me. I am finally pain free and can keep up with my son no problem !

October 27th, 2009
TO DR. MARK KRINOCK:
PAST EXPERIENCES 'SHOW' ME THAT DR. MARK KRINOCK IS ONE OF THE BEST PHYSICIANS I HAVE EVER KNOWN AND TRUST HIM WITH MY LIFE AND MY FAMILIES LIVES. HE IS AWESOME!

April 6th, 2017