Dr. Mark Berger Is this you?

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Mark Berger?

April 28th, 2017

Worst experience at a doctor's office EVER!!

I took my mother to see this doctor yesterday. I could not believe how he treated her. He was condescending and rude. He did not want to hear her past history; it seemed like he was just being too impatient to listen. Later he backtracked and wanted to ask questions about her history. At one point he laughed sarcastically at her because she couldn't see what he was showing her on his computer screen. I will never allow my 75 year old mother to see this doctor again. He may have knowledge, but the way he treated my mom was unexcusable. If you have a choice, don't choose this doctor.

September 20th, 2016

Unsatisfied

I worst experience ever! He was rude, cold and arrogant, as was his staff. He doesn't listen or care and if you ask questions he becomes defensive. Would never go back and will tell everyone. . If you want a doctor who actually cares and will listen and diagnose you right...do not go to him.

July 28th, 2016

Find someone who actually cares

Doctor Berger is extremely condescending.

May 9th, 2016

I was referred to Dr. Berger by a very good friend of mine. I was very surprised to read bad reviews about this doctor. The person visiting must have very high expectations that were not met and in the process was very disappointed. I had a different experience with Dr. Berger and his staff. He ran the necessary tests to diagnose my neuropathy. He is a very kind and considerate person. He made accommodations for me when I had trouble paying my medical bill. I will continue to use this doctor. When I call or visit his office, the staff continues to be very friendly.

March 1st, 2016

Patient

After going to a highly rated neurologist in Albuquerque for 20 years, I changed to Dr. Berger and so happy I did. I have epilepsy 100% controlled by Dilantin. I had read that dilantin may cause peripheral neuropathy which I have. My former doctor did not tell me why, but Dr. Berger told me and also informed me that was only if the Dilantin had an adverse effect on folates(?) and that the blood work was fine, so no need to change medication. My former doctor discussed changing medications. A huge relief! After that he did some type of electrode tests on my legs and was able to tell me that if I had to have neuropathy, I had the best kind. Another huge relief! I had never had any electrode tests before nor been told anything like this before. I Recommend Dr. Berger highly.

February 3rd, 2016

Public Announcement

Dr Berger is absolutely the worst Neurologist doctor or even doctor period. I can't stress enough please don't go to this doctor. He has the worst bedside manner and listening skills. ever. Public Announcement do not call this Dr for help. .

January 7th, 2016

This was most horrible experience to date with any MS neurologist I have ever gone to. He is not up to date on any new treatments for MS. His bedside manner was less than zero. I walked out of the appointment crying feeling like there was no hope for my future ever again. There is nothing positive about this man. Even after I told him that I thought I was improving with physical therapy he implied there was no hope for me. If you go in with a serious condition and are hoping to get some information and advice, DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!

June 16th, 2015

This was the worst doctor I've ever seen. He had terrible bedside manner and had a tremendous lack of respect for me. At one point, I asked him a quick question regarding my treatment, and he interrupted me and told me that this was a consultation, not a conversation, and I have would have to make another appointment to discuss treatment. With a multitude of neurologists in this city, Dr. Berger should be a last resort. And if you do have this doctor, good luck

June 5th, 2015

Personable

After making an appt I read these awful reviews and considered canceling. So glad I didn't. He treated me with kindness and concern. His manner was totally professional. He took his time to explain my MRI and tested my nerve reflexes thoroughly. He referred me to a back surgeon and wished me well. The total experience was the best I have ever had!!!

January 25th, 2015

Worst appointment ever!

Dr Berger (if you can call him that) was extremely condescending during my entire visit. He cut me off continually while taking my medical history, told me to "calm down it's not that bad, you'll need to stop or I can't understand you" when I started to cry describing the painful leg spasms I deal with. Then told me that the EMG report I brought in by another Dr was "complete nonsense" and proceeded to perform his own EMG that lasted only 5 mins on equipment that was state of the art 20 or more years ago. He then said that I have nothing wrong with my nerves and that I needed to get to my primary care for endocrinology and psychiatric referrals. Never in my life have I felt so talked down to, unheard, and belittled. If you have the chance, cancel your appointment with him and find another neurologist. I wish I had. I will be reporting him to the medical board and my insurance.

December 12th, 2014

He does not listen to his patients and bases diagnosis (inaccurately) solely on basis of MRI

March 29th, 2014

RUDE ARROGENT CONDESCENDING

I had to walk out of the visit after Berger walked in and accused me of lying about lab work that I said I had. He is a strange peculiar man! Do not understand how he completed medical school let alone a neurology residency. He got within a foot of my face as he berated me for not having lab work that he could access. He didn't care that my PCM didn't use the lab every else uses. He got even more angry when I suggested his staff should have told me to bring current lab work. He was very nasty, rude , and hostile towards me. We all have a choice when it comes to our healthcare providers. There are some very good Neurologists in the area.