Otolaryngologists
1 Elm St
Ste 2A
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-237-0050
Locations and availability (2)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 14th, 2014

Dr fox was rude to my 3 year old child. This man has a horrible bed side manner. He didn't even have the courtesy to look ate when I was asking questions. Rude. Unprofessional. He has 37 years of experience...... Maybe it's time to retire buddy.

|  patient  |  show details
by Michael on Jan 7th, 2014

I have been a patient for several years and I have received consistant and excellent medical service from Dr. Fox. Both diagnosis and treatment - from sinus surgery to typical winter infections. In addition, last May ('13), during the coarse of a "routine" exam of my wife's throat for possible strep he discovered what turned out to be stage 4 throat cancer in her lymph nodes. Thanks to his prompt biopsy she was able to receive proper treatment and is now cancer free. I don't know how many would have missed it, but he was literally a life saver. He is an excellent physician with a somewhat understated bedside manner. Don't be put off by his manner, but consider yourself lucky to have him for your doctor.

|  This physician is rude and has the nerve to challenge the patient  |  show details
by Upset in Westchester on Aug 22nd, 2013

Never in my life did I feel I wanted to "rate" anyone. Personally I don't want to be rated myself but when you challenge a paying patient one answer after another, it's downright rude, intimidating and shocking coming from a profession where you expect empathy and comforting words. Instead he challenged me. When I told him nobody confirmed my appt by phone he said "They DID". I said "but they did not" and that "I have 2 phone numbers". He then read them to me (to challenge me) and I said they were correct. He then said "maybe your answering machine was broken" in this rude, and again, challenging way. He then says that I came back for more tests. I said no I didn't and that I still felt throbbing in my ear. He then snaps at me and says "Yes I DID tell you to come back!" in such a snotty way. I felt like I was getting ready to get into a huge argument because he seems like he was picking on me and my every answer! It was such an uncomfortable experience. i also agree with another reviewer that on my first visit (this was my second and last) he didn't make eye contact with me either. EVER. It's like he hates his job and the people. It is so upsetting that you walk into a room and wait for him to help you and then you feel like he hates the heck out of you and you never met him or said a single word to him and he decides to treat you like an enemy or something. Truly terrible. I mean we all have bad days and I had hope the first time I met him he did but no, this is the way he is now. If something is wrong with him, I hope he gets better soon or learns that being this way is hurting his business. Well God bless him in every case and I hope he reads this stuff someday and figures out he's not been nice to people -- his bread and butter. His staff seems nice enough but they don't give the correct information over the phone. I had an appt for a certain time and when I get there they say I was late and I told them the time I was given. They say "didn't you get the confirmation phone call?" I said no I didn't. They also said they did and kept to that answer. Nobody called me or I would have been there earlier! When I also called for the appt I needed follow up because the whole treatment didn't seem to be completed and I asked BEFORE, "do I have to pay again? she said "no you don't. It will be a follow up to this one so there would be no charge." Guess what? They charged me again saying we have to charge you and that I had to take it up with the insurance company. Well I'm done with them. Don't go to this place. The staff was pleasant and very professional but the phone should be answered by someone who knows the rules at their business. I couldn't afford to pay again and I had to up a credit card on the spot. The icing on the cake is that 20 years ago, this doctor was a peach of a guy, was sweet and had a whole lot of personality. How do I know? Because he briefly treated me for a deviated septum and that's why I picked him to treat me. So THIS is the saddest commentary....

May 1st, 2013

I see Dr. Fox every three months to have ear wax removed since I have Hearing aids and wax can build up quickly. I find nothing negative about Dr Fox. I do not have a problem talking to him. He answers all my questions in a professional manner which is what one should expect. I do recommend him to others.

|  NEVER AGAIN !  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

One of the rudest doctors I've ever been to. He didn't even look at me to start with. He kept typing while asking me questions in a very rude manner. Once I realized his attitude, I backfired and he decided to check my throat. I have Tracheitis and have been sick twice in a four months. I previously had seen another doctor who failed to medicate me. As it wasn't working I went to Dr. Fox for a 2nd opinion. Big mistake. I don't recommend this doctor to anyone. He is RUDE, inconsiderate and very uncaring. The type of doctor no one needs. No wonder he's no longer a Castle Connolly Guide Best Doctor.

Aug 18th, 2011

This guy is a scumbag!

May 10th, 2011

Dr Fox corrected my deviated septum.He did a great job. He was honest and accurate about everything, especially the "miserable" period before the packing was removed. (Unlike another Dr. who said I'd be back at work in a couple of days. Yeah, right.) And during my first appointment, he removed ear wax that 2 other doctors saw and did nothing about. I have and will continue to highly recommend Dr. Fox.

Nov 28th, 2010

Dr. Fox is a very competent physician. Hefully prepared me for my surgery. I felt secure and at ease in his care. My post op recovery was excellent. I would definitely recommend Dr Fox to a friend or relative.

|  bedside manners missing ...  |  show details
by senior citizen on Jul 28th, 2010

I am a senior citizen and I went to see this doctor for ear wax cleanup. the doctor cleaned 1 ear but not the other. ???.I pleaded withh him to clean my other ear but (pun intended) it fell on deaf ears.He said it was not necessary, I said I felt something and that I wanted my other ear washed, but, did I mentioned deaf ears maybe I should add a closed mind, I am feeling the wax not him. Its like the restaurant cook coming out of the bathroom and having washed only 1 hand (because he used only 1 hand to wipe)because the other hand is "clean".Also, he walked in and without introducing himself he went to poke in my ears at that point I stoped him and introduce myself ending my sentence with "... and you are Dr Fox I pressumed"to wich he grunted and proceded to poke and look some more, so, "bedside manners" are non-existant.I may be oold and sick and I have seen many, many doctors in my lifetime and some should "practice" a different profession.