Mark L Wood, MD
3024 New Bern Ave
Ste 302
Raleigh, NC 27610
919-350-8797
Locations and availability (10)

|  Back in my kayak after a torn rotator cuff  |  show details
by Annette B. on Aug 27th, 2014

I had a great experience with Dr. Wood. I began seeing him for a bad knee, but had surgery last year for a torn rotator cuff. I was well prepared for the surgery. It went well. Three days later, I was in physical therapy associated with this practice. It was gradual and effective. Now 8 months later, I am back in the gym, and 10 months later back paddling my kayak without pain. I love Dr. Wood. He takes time to explain everything to me. He is patient and gives me as much time as I need to make decisions. And my surgery and recovery are 110%. Highly recommended.

|  Highly Recommended!  |  show details
by Teresa Cruey on Apr 20th, 2014

Dr. Wood was a second opinion appt for me, but I knew after reading these types of reviews (before I even met him), that I was going to transfer my care over to him. Everything I had researched was true. Dr. Wood IS very pleasant, down to earth, easy to talk to, spends time to answer all your questions and never makes you feel rushed. I really can't say enough about him or the staff. Everything about this experience has been positive for me, and I have nothing bad to say. I had read and heard horrible stories about shoulder surgeries in general and the recovery, but my experience and recovery wasn't bad at all. I contribute this all to Dr. Wood's knowledge, skill and expertise. I highly recommend Dr. Wood.

|  Mr  |  show details
by Ronald Greenleaf on Feb 25th, 2014

What can I say, Dr Wood and his staff are outstanding!!! The staff has been very courteous, you get a warm feeling when they great you and must say you want to keep going back due to they way you are treated! Dr wood is the best, Always takes the time to answer questions, explain things in a way you can understand. His bedside manner is Great, you feel like you have known him all your life, he is always upbeat and makes you feel like the most important person in the world. Was blessed to been referred to his practice!!!.

by Armand Berube on Jan 20th, 2014

I have nothing but very positive thoughts about the care I received from Dr. Wood and all of the Wake Orthopaedic staff. Dr. Wood gave me a complete description of what my surgery would entail and what the followup would consist of. The surgery went as anticipated and that was great and then I had therapy with Dan Cyr at Wake Orthopaedics therapy. Dan was very knowledgable and experienced and set me up with a great course of therapy. I am happy to say that I am now 100% and even though I hope that I won't need their services again, I would never hesitate to go back and I strongly recommend Wake Orthopaedics to anyone.

|  Best I've Ever Had  |  show details
Nov 17th, 2013

Dr. Wood is the best. I haven't met a better doctor. He made sure that everything was done right, and made me feel 1000% times better. He was so kind and caring, I wouldn't recommend another doctor! Dr. Wood is the best doctor ever!

by walter bull on Sep 14th, 2013

I like being out of pain. I like being able to lift by arm straight up over my head. I like being able to sleep at night I like not being limited in my activities I like Dr Wood because he is the one who made this happen I like Dan Cyr who was my Physical Therapist who works with Dr Wood What a team to have on your side.

|  Excellent care  |  show details
by Viki Johnson on Aug 30th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Wood for about 8 years. I have really bad knee problems that will require replacement in the future, but his care has allowed me to go on my overseas Mission Trips every year. He is very good at explaining the situation and I feel that he presents to me and my husband the very best course of treatment. His staff is first rate. Thank you Dr. Wood and staff for all of the good that you do.

Jul 28th, 2013

I found Dr. Wood to be compassionate and explained everything thoroughly for my condition. I had shoulder surgery and after 4 months I feel like my recovery is coming along very well. I would highly recommend Dr. Wood and if I need further surgery I wouldn't hesitate to use him again.

|  Personal experience  |  show details
by Viki J. on Jul 20th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Wood for knee and hip problems for about 8 years. He has always had great compassion in dealing with my problems and has helped me in many ways. I would definately recommend him and his practice with any knee and hip problems that you have. This is a very kind and friendly practice (the Cary office) and I have had very good results. I plan to go to him in the future for my knee replacements when it is necessary.

Jun 8th, 2013

Excellent Surgeon...My son had to have shoulder surgery. Dr Wood was great in explaining what needed to happen, the procedure and the expected outcome. He has seen several members of my family from shoulders to knees with great overall outcomes. HIghly recommend him and his staff.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Jill on May 25th, 2013

Dr. Wood has done two out of my four knee surgeries. He does a great job I had virtually no pain one day after surgery. He is very caring, listens closely, listens to your input on the treatment and values your opinion. On my recent knee surgery I had a choice of surgeons and chose Dr. Wood. Can't say enough positive about him!

|  Excellent care, knowledgable, good listener  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

Brought my teenager here for pain in her lower leg when running. Dr. Wood and his entire staff were caring and professional. He ordered an MRI, which we scheduled over a weekend. Dr. Wood called first thing Monday morning with a diagnosis (stress fracture) and spent 20 minutes on the phone explaining treatment recommendations and prognosis. He listened (really listened) to my questions and was very thorough during our visit. Would highly recommend.

|  Service with excellence  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2011

Going to see any physician can be stressful. My stress level increased significantly when I sustained a right leg injury. I was referred to Dr. Wood's office by the emergency room physician and was seen immediately on Monday morning after my injury on Saturday. Everyone from the scheduler on the phone to the office staff, the radiologist and his assistant and the nurses were amazing. They were caring, compassionate and careful of my injury, the stress and pain it was causing and my concern over returning to work. Dr. Wood was truly the icing on the cake. His bedside manner was wonderful. He was very thorough during his exam, answering all of my questions with patience, in layman's terms, and with understanding of my anxiety and frustration. Every single person at this office that I interacted with did so with excellence, patience and an attention to detail that is sorely lacking in other business. All followup visits and phone calls have been handled in the same manner so I know it was not a fluke. Thank you Dr. Wood and your staff for serving your community and your patients with excellence. I will certainly be telling everyone I can about you.

|  Excellent  |  show details
May 14th, 2011

Excellent doctor, excellent shoulder surgery experience, excellent office staff, excellent therapy!!