Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Old time patient show details Old time patient
by Richard A yecies on Apr 3rd, 2016

I first met Dr.Lazarus 21 years ago when he was basically in his first year of practice. He basically gave me my quality of life back by doing a rotator cuff repair that was so devastating that many other doctors said it couldn't be repaired. In ensuing years I tore my other shoulder twice and he repaired them so well that it's been 18 years and never a problem and full use of both shoulders. Not only is he a fine surgeon but a wonderful human being.

Special bedside manner; outstanding surgeon show details Special bedside manner; outstanding surgeon
by Mary Beckett on Mar 17th, 2016

Excellent physician- outstanding caring attention to health & recovery details - with a personal caring bedside manner. A special surgeon in a world of overbooked healthcare providers.

by Peter Varcos on Mar 16th, 2016

I visited Dr. Lazarus after receiving multiple opinions about a severe shoulder injury that I had recieved. He spent a great amount of time with both my wife and myself explaining my injury and the options. He took the time to answer questions and address my concerns. When my it was time for my surgery he called me the day before to reassure me that everything was going to be fine and to see if I had any questions. After the surgery he contacted me as did many of the others involved in the surgery to make sure that everything was ok and to see if I had any other questions. I do not want anyone to have to experience an injury like mine but if you do, Dr. Lazarus would be my recommendation. I can't thank him enough.

Wonderful and Highly Competent Doctor show details Wonderful and Highly Competent Doctor
Oct 23rd, 2015

I went to see Dr. Lazarus a week after disclocating my shoulder for the first time while playing tennis . Though the wait was a bit long, it was ultimately worth every minute. The moment Dr. Lazarus walked into the room, I was very impressed with his knowledge and demeanor. He was brutally honest about the severity of my injury and explained to me exactly what was wrong with my shoulder and what could be done to fix it. I had surgery approximately two weeks later, and it went very well. Within three days after surgery, my pain level was down to about a 1. I was even able to go on an international trip less than two weeks after surgery. Over three months later, my physical therapy is going well and my shoulder is feeling great. I even have more range of motion than I did before surgery. I've seen some comments saying that Dr. Lazarus is arrogant, but in my view, I feel the most secure when I'm being seen by a doctor who is confident in what he does. Furthermore, he is polite and even cordial if he is given the respect that he deserves. I'm very happy that he took care of me and feel grateful that he put me back together.

Best Shoulder Doctor show details Best Shoulder Doctor
by Mulhern Family on Oct 11th, 2013

My teenage daughter needed shoulder surgery and we were recommended to Dr. Lazarus he was wonderful with her. Taylor had 2 surgery's and he was available, compassionate, and really explained what was wrong with our daughters shoulder. We highly recommend this doctor you will not be disappointed. Sometimes you do wait when you have an appointment however it is worth the wait.

shoulder surgery show details shoulder surgery
by Michael B on May 30th, 2013

I would rate Mark a 5 star out of 4. I had my left shoulder completely rebuilt by Dr. Lazarus in 2001 and have been playing sports and leading an active life since because of his excellence and understanding as a surgeon.Best doctor I ever had!

Very Good Surgeon show details Very Good Surgeon
Oct 1st, 2011

Very cordial & polite, but a "down to business" type bedside manner. Had rotator cuff surgery 9 mos ago and although it hurt alot after, I believe I made the right choice. I have no complaints.