Dr. Mark Lazarus MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 28th, 2016
Elbow Surgery
Before meeting with Dr. Lazarus, I had seen at least 5 other elbow specialists that could not fix the problem I was having with extending my arm. With already 1 failed procedure, I was hesitant about even meeting with another doctor. When I heard from a family friend that Lazarus was "the best around", I figured I would hear what he had to say about my issue. He recommended having another surgery that could potentially resolve the problem I was having with extending my arm. At first I wanted nothing to do with it but eventually I decided to take the chance and get another procedure done. Its a little over three months and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. My arm is now over 30 degrees straighter and it gets better everyday. Getting told by multiple elbow specialists that this was going to be a problem I'd have to deal with for the rest of my life was hard to accept. Thanks to Dr. Lazarus, I can now go back to the things I loved doing before this accident happened. I would recommend him to anyone having an elbow/shoulder problem, no matter the severity.

September 22nd, 2016
Dr. Lazarus was very friendly, made me and my wife feel very comfortable and confident in his diagnosis and subsequent surgery, explained the procedure in detail, was very accurate in predicting recovery time, and was very clear and accurate during the rehab period. I would highly recommend him to my closest friends and family. I am very appreciative of the service Dr. Lazarus provided to me. Now I feel great.

April 3rd, 2016
Old time patient
I first met Dr.Lazarus 21 years ago when he was basically in his first year of practice. He basically gave me my quality of life back by doing a rotator cuff repair that was so devastating that many other doctors said it couldn't be repaired. In ensuing years I tore my other shoulder twice and he repaired them so well that it's been 18 years and never a problem and full use of both shoulders. Not only is he a fine surgeon but a wonderful human being.

March 17th, 2016
Special bedside manner; outstanding surgeon
Excellent physician- outstanding caring attention to health & recovery details - with a personal caring bedside manner. A special surgeon in a world of overbooked healthcare providers.

March 16th, 2016
I visited Dr. Lazarus after receiving multiple opinions about a severe shoulder injury that I had recieved. He spent a great amount of time with both my wife and myself explaining my injury and the options. He took the time to answer questions and address my concerns. When my it was time for my surgery he called me the day before to reassure me that everything was going to be fine and to see if I had any questions. After the surgery he contacted me as did many of the others involved in the surgery to make sure that everything was ok and to see if I had any other questions. I do not want anyone to have to experience an injury like mine but if you do, Dr. Lazarus would be my recommendation. I can't thank him enough.

October 23rd, 2015
Wonderful and Highly Competent Doctor
I went to see Dr. Lazarus a week after disclocating my shoulder for the first time while playing tennis . Though the wait was a bit long, it was ultimately worth every minute. The moment Dr. Lazarus walked into the room, I was very impressed with his knowledge and demeanor. He was brutally honest about the severity of my injury and explained to me exactly what was wrong with my shoulder and what could be done to fix it. I had surgery approximately two weeks later, and it went very well. Within three days after surgery, my pain level was down to about a 1. I was even able to go on an international trip less than two weeks after surgery. Over three months later, my physical therapy is going well and my shoulder is feeling great. I even have more range of motion than I did before surgery. I've seen some comments saying that Dr. Lazarus is arrogant, but in my view, I feel the most secure when I'm being seen by a doctor who is confident in what he does. Furthermore, he is polite and even cordial if he is given the respect that he deserves. I'm very happy that he took care of me and feel grateful that he put me back together.

October 11th, 2013
Best Shoulder Doctor
My teenage daughter needed shoulder surgery and we were recommended to Dr. Lazarus he was wonderful with her. Taylor had 2 surgery's and he was available, compassionate, and really explained what was wrong with our daughters shoulder. We highly recommend this doctor you will not be disappointed. Sometimes you do wait when you have an appointment however it is worth the wait.

May 30th, 2013
shoulder surgery
I would rate Mark a 5 star out of 4. I had my left shoulder completely rebuilt by Dr. Lazarus in 2001 and have been playing sports and leading an active life since because of his excellence and understanding as a surgeon.Best doctor I ever had!

October 1st, 2011
Very Good Surgeon
Very cordial & polite, but a "down to business" type bedside manner. Had rotator cuff surgery 9 mos ago and although it hurt alot after, I believe I made the right choice. I have no complaints.