Dr. Mark Lipton MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Cleveland, OH

September 19th, 2013
Harmed me with incompetence
Some years ago when I was 20, at the bequest of my mentally ill mother, Dr. Lipton hospitalized me and put me on triavil, an anti-psychotic medication. I do not recall many, if any, actual meetings with him personally. I suffered physical, mental and emotional abuse at the hands of my severely narcissistic, possibly bipolar mother, for decades. She also encouraged the abuse of me by my father, and he complied. As the family scapegoat, I understand that I was labeled the crazy one, while being expected to fulfill a number of highly developmentally inappropriate demands of my so-called family. I was certainly angry, confused, upset, and experiencing situational depression and/or anxiety, but I was definitely not psychotic. I still wonder about the long term effects of psychotropic, especially anti-psychotic medication, upon my still-developing brain. Also, my mother went to him with anxiety/panic attack symptoms when I was growing up, but he must lack even a basic knowledge of psychiatry because he suggested, according to her anyway, she take chlor-trimeton and sent her home. What a missed opportunity to help a severely anxious and chemically-imbalanced woman who reigned down terror upon her family for years. I so wish my mother would have received the help she needed, and we would all have participated in family therapy. I wonder how my life would have turned out differently were it not for the glaring incompetence of this so-called healer/physician. I understand that as a narcissist, my mother would have presented herself to him as not having any problems, but he had no right to prescribe medication that was inappropriate for me, especially without meeting with me and explaining the risks, etc. I hope at least he is now referring patients who present with symptoms beyond his understanding to a qualified psychiatrist, so no one has to suffer like I did.

October 26th, 2011
This doctor does not really listen to what the patient has to say. He is rude and thinks that the patient has nothing to add to his superior ideas.

June 8th, 2011
Highly professional and knowledgeable.