Dr. Mark Lokitus DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

November 15th, 2015
Dr. Lokitus is a very good doctor, empathetic, and very easy to talk to. I do not like his office location, atmosphere in general and his and almost non-existent staff. His part-time office secretary is often times rude and completely insensitive to the needs of the patient. While office "policies" are very important to running any business operation, the one size fits all rules do not always apply especially when prescription drugs are concerned. Sometimes circumstances come up where scheduled appointments have to be changed or rescheduled. Under normal circumstances, doctor prescribed daily medication regiments are not changed unless they are approved by the doctor. If you are prescribed a 30 day supply medication and cannot get a refill after 30 days, the patient is then subjected to potential and harmful withdrawal symptoms. If you cannot get an appointment in a timely manner, at least give the patient enough medication until they can be seen by the doctor.

March 16th, 2015
Kind,Caring,Knowledgable
Dr. Locitus is extremely easy to talk to and has helped me through some extremely rough times in my life. I have struggled with mental illness and addiction throughout my life and with his help, I am alive and living a good life. He is willing to get me on the schedule when I am struggling without any problem. His assistant Cheryl, is both helpful,kind, and a genuinely supportive person. I wouldn't go anywhere else to be treated and am very grateful.

March 26th, 2013
Not that great
He is nice, that I will say about him. However, if he can't find the right medicine right away, he seems to be unable to find one that is right. On my last appointment, I mentioned that the medicine wasn't working. He appeared not to hear or understand and just gave me the same one. Also his receptionist can be extreme and nasty. She gets offended if a patient is upset. She seems to be unable to understand that she is working at a psychiatrist's office and is unable to handle emotional patients without becoming mean and rude.

June 28th, 2011
great doctor!
I've been seeing doctor lokitus for 5 years and there is no question he saved my life. I was abusing pain medication for 8 years of my life....and tried to stop my whole life. He prescribed me subutex and I have not used a single narcotic pill again in 5 years. I would have thought that was impossible if you asked me that 6 years ago. suboxone or subutex is not always sold for a profit by people or abused by everyone...I take it as directed...and I never have the cravings like before, but Dr. Lokitus himself is very caring..genuine...and very strict with the guidlines of the medication....he gives regular urine tests to make sure your holding up your end of the bargain. He is a stand-up guy and its pleasure and life saver to have met him. I have my old life back and it is no doubt because of him. thanks

June 28th, 2010
He is always caring and considerate and has a genuine interest for his patients' wellbeing.

February 9th, 2010
Greatest & Most Caring
I've never met a more caring doctor in my life. I feel very comfortable with him. I can talk to him about ANYTHING, and don't feel like he is passing judgement on me. When I leave his office, I don't feel ashamed.....I feel fortunate to have him.