Internist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by CC on Mar 10th, 2014

This is the best Endocrinologist I have ever been to. On my first visit he prescribed thyroid pills that were almost the exact right dosage - without a prior blood test! He listens to what you tell him and he will do what he knows is right for you and your medical situations. The Best Doctor!

|  show details
Feb 22nd, 2014

I am also surprised to read some of these reviews and have been a patient for two years. He diagnosed my health issues and took a great deal of time with me during my initial visit to answer all of my question and continues to do so. My appointment times are always within 10-15 minutes of scheduled time (rarely happens with my other physicians.) Dr. Lueg's current staff has always been courteous and professional. I am grateful to have found him.

|  patient  |  show details
Dec 13th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Luegs for about 8 years and up to now have had no complaints. But...recently he has changed his office staff and this new girl( his nurse/ daughter) is rude and unprofessional! I had recently seen Dr. Lueg and was not due again until February 2014. I simply asked by phone for their office to approve TEST STRIPS not drugs....so my insurance would pay and this new girl declined TEST STRIPS! When I asked why she said I hadn't been there since February. So they can't even keep records. I then ask if the Dr would call me back she said she would tell him. I waited all day no call, I called them the next day asked again for a call from the Dr. I was told " Dr. Lueg would not speak to me outside of a visit" . I'm not sure if he is aware of his idiot daughters behavior but I'm done!

|  he really helped me.  |  show details
by mommyof2la on Sep 25th, 2013

I am actually surprised by some of these reviews. Personally, Dr Lueg really helped me. I went to four other doctors who misdiagnosed me. Thus, my hypothyroidism went undiagnosed for six years. Dr Lueg found out on the first visit and after the first labs. I really thank this man for saving my life. I had high cholesterol, fatty liver, gallbladder issues etc. He even indicated that I needed to follow up with a liver specialist who found the gallbladder sludge. Dr Lueg saved my life.

|  GREAT TO DEAL WITH  |  show details
Jan 24th, 2012

I was able to be seen within a few days of calling. The office staff is great to deal with and the environment is totally patient friendly. The doctor listened to all of my complaints and told me the options that could be taken. He let me be a complete part of the decision making which I love. I have been back a few times and love the office more with each visit!! Definitely worth every visit

|  DO NOT GO  |  show details
Jan 20th, 2012

Went in with many symptoms of Hypothyroidism incuding 3 miscarriages in the first 6 months of 2011 and total infertility in the last 6 months of 2011 and he tried to put me on Prozac or another SSRI. My labs showed that my thyroid was not functioning at the acceptable level for a woman trying to conceive or one in her first trimester. This recent acceptable level is 2.5 for women in this situation (stated by guidelines of the American Thyroid Association). If it is not at this level it can cause miscarriage. Mine was above this level yet I was dismissed and almost prescribed a medication that can cause birth defects. I have seen another doctor who has prescribed medication for my thyroid. It is sad when doctors are not willing to find the problem for their patients and only try to mask the symptoms.

|  Dont come here  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

Office staff is rude and down right incompetent! Stress that you need the first appointment of the day and find that there are 4 People waiting ahead of you when you get there. First appointment of the day is now an hour long wait. His staff doesnt answer the phone or return messages then gets angry with you for not making appointments when they wont answer the phone. Save your time and keep you blood preasure low, DO NOT COME SEE THIS QUACK!

|  Horrific  |  show details
by Jess on Aug 30th, 2009

I am a young female that made an appoint with Dr. Lueg almost immediately was able to get in. The staff was helpful and sent me the paper work for a new patient to fill ahead of time, so to not waste time in the office. I showed up on time and handed over my info. I waited 40 min. to see him and then he asked very detailed questions and listen to my response. I told him that my general doctor wanted me to see and endocrinologist to get CT scan done. Well from some reason he could only hear my list of doctors I had been to for my medical complaints and disregarded my complaint. He completely and whole heartedly invalidated my medical complaint by suggesting that I need to go see a psychiatrist and get some counseling. As a psyc. Undergraduate and going to grad school for counseling I was blown away by his suggestion. He was completely unprofessional and disregarded my general doctor and my concern about the imaging. The visit ended and he proceeded to ask the secretary to look up psychiatrist for me to call. I told him our visit was done and was in tears because I wasnt taken seriously. I was completely blown off and not helped at all. I never went back. I did get my imaging done and come to find out I had a benign tumor on my adrenal glands that once removed healed all the medical complaints that I was seeing doctors for before. Dr. Lueg was a waste of my time and will be a waste of yours too.