Overall Review

February 17th, 2016
Offensive staff!!!!
Rude as!! Office staff and pre op nurses was enough for me. I don't know who they think they are. Never got to meet dr Magnusson and don't really want to. Will be going elsewhere!! No rating at all

January 26th, 2014
Very disappointed
Our GP, who we really respect, recommended to us when our daughter was about 1.5 yo that we take her see Dr. Magnusson for some symptoms that worried him. It was very difficult to get an appointment, but we did and drove 45 minutes to see Dr. Magnusson. We related any useful information that we could think of about our daughter's syptoms to help his diagnosis. He was pretty dismissive and gave us a 'you're a hypochondriac and you're wasting my time' vibe. The appointment was a complete waste of our time and money. When our daughter was 5 yo, her developmental pediatrician (she is a great doctor BTW) recommended that we see Dr. Magnusson, at which point we related our previous experiences. She was surprised to hear our story. We decided to go again per her recommendation, hoping to actually get some help this time. We had the same exact experience. Our developmental pediatrician was shocked and said "he must be losing his touch." We finally did get a diagnosis for our daughter from another doctor, no thanks to Dr. Magnusson though. Parents want help and answers when their child is sick - we don't want to be judged or belittled. He judged us, waste our time and money, and provided no help.

December 28th, 2013
Grateful for Dr. Magnusson's Educated Wisdom
After two years of searching for answers to my daughter's unusual health compliments Dr. Magnusson diagnosed her and gave us answers. My daughter was diagnosed with Dysauotonmia, Although, no one wants to hear they have a disease that has no cure it was a huge relieve to know that my child's issues had a name. An answer allows individuals to move forward with life. Dr. Magnusson was pleasant, professional and very thorough in his examination. We are grateful for his knowledge and recommendations in what to do next.

October 4th, 2013
Caring and Attentive
Dr. Magnusson carefully reviewed all of our son's records, listened to my 11 year old tell his story, thoughtfully considered my husband's and my observations and presented a diagnosis that was spot on. He was pleasant, friendly, and engaging. I would recommend him to everyone who has a child with a difficult to diagnose illness. I feel confident that he prescribed the best and most useful treatment for my son.

May 24th, 2012
Proceed with caution
Dr. Magnusson is not well versed in the chronically ill child. He does not follow through & when you question he belittles both the child & parent. He misdiagnosed my child, verbally abused us & called child services because we asked to see another doctor to get a second opinion. Magnusson also took it upon himself to call my child's GP to complain about us. Thankfully our GP & child services saw him for the egotistical doctor he is. He does not care about children & has no bedside manner. I have found 4 other families through a support group that had the same experience with him. CHOP needs to start earning their reputation.

May 18th, 2011
Six (6) years ago (2005), when no doctor in Puerto Rico could treat and/or diagnose my son illnesses, I went to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. Dr. Magnusson was the doctor who received us (my wife, my one year old son and me) and managed my son's case. He was an excellent doctor and, above all, person, who tried everything until he found the condition affecting my son. He treated us in a very kind and friendly way. Now six years later my kid is in excellent shape,an extremely normal child, with no major illnesses thank to the treatment that Dr. Magnusson prescribed. I'll be forever gratefull to Dr. Magnusson for being an excellent doctor, caregiver and person who made my child's life a better and normal one.

March 24th, 2010
Dr. Magnusson does not appear to listen well to concerns of the patient or his/her parents. He offered little help in diagnosing our child's condition.