A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Mattar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Mattar, Gastroenterologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Mattar
Birth Control Patient Education Patient information guide about birth control and various types of reversable and irreversable contraception techniques.Before Visiting Dr. Mattar Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Mattar, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Colon Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatitis C
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases (IBD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Mattar graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Mattar has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Inova Mt Vernon Hospital
- Georgetown University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Mark Mattar MD is a male Internist, has 7 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Mark Mattar practice?
- Dr. Mark Mattar has 4 office locations.
Dr. Mark Mattar practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Alexandria, VA.
Additional practice locations include: Lorton, VA and Oxon Hill, MD.
See Alexandria Internists and Alexandria Gastroenterologists.