Dr. Mark Mccune Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Mccune?

June 9th, 2017

Friendly, Knowledgable, and helpful

I overall had a great experience both times at this office. First for a consult, then for a laser procedure. The waiting room has a spa-like feel, and the receptionist is very friendly and helpful. The NP I met with was helpful and listened well. Dr. McCune was very knowledgeable and answered the loads of questions I dropped on him. I have other health issues that he took into careful consideration. I am just a couple days out from my procedure, but assuming all heals as expected, and is it so far, I would highly recommend this office and doctor!

June 8th, 2017

Dr McCune is a kind and proficient physician. He has been my Dermatologist for many years and I have always been pleased with his care.

April 22nd, 2017

Beware

I should have known there'd be a problem treating my acne scars when he has multiple scars all over his face. He has a very odd bedside manner.

October 3rd, 2015

Two visits, but never saw the doctor. First visit with PA was good, but suffered terrible reaction to the prescription cream she prescribed. On second visit, she was short, snotty and rude. Clearly, she was defensive about prescribing me a wrong medicine. The female PA's here do not want to and are not qualified to treat male patients - go somewhere else.

July 26th, 2015

About 8 years ago I had a mole removed on my cheek.

About 8 years ago I had a mole removed on my cheek. Over the years the scar began to sink and become depressed. Here is my first subcision progress. More than likely will have another treatment in 2 months but so far, good! If you have a deeper scar like I did, I would highly recommend this procedure. :)

January 30th, 2015

Almost ruined my nose

I have had fairly successful experiences with Dr. McCune before but the last time, about six months ago, he almost ruined my nose for a very small cancerous extraction. He "wanted to get it all." He made an incision on the side of my nose about 1 and 1/3 inches long for a "pimple" that was a smaller size than a pinhead. Now, about six months later, the "healed" incision shows a long scar on the side of my nose that is enlarged at least 1/8 of an inch and still very sensitive and often painful. Okay, if this was a cancer or pre-cancer, I'm happy that he got it. Otherwise I'm suffering physically and cosmetically from the surgery. Now, Dr. McCune must be struggling financially from purchasing all of his cosmetic and expensive "hot shot" cosmetic equipment because he is requiring a long-time and faithful customer to provide a credit card before he or his staff services anyone. Incidentally, Brenda is the best PA in the office--she is highly medically skilled and empathetic to patients. I'll not return to McCune.

April 22nd, 2014

Excellant Doctor

I have been seeing Dr. Mark McCune for 25 + years. I had been seen at Mayo's in Rochester, MN 2 times and was about to return once again when I was asked where I reside by the head Doctor of Dermatology at Mayo's. When responding Kansas City, he immediately told me to contact Dr. Mark McCune. I could NOT have been happier. Dr. Mark McCune was able to diagnose me and has been successfully treating my condition ever since. He was singled out from the all the dermatology Doctors in the Kansas City metro area and recommended to me by the lead Dermatology Doctor at Mayo. Dr. McCune has been voted by his piers as a 'SUPER DOC' in 2010 by Kansas City Magazine AND for multiple years in the TOP THREE of local Dermatology Docs. I would rate him as a 5 star, but I am only allotted 4 stars. *****

March 6th, 2014

Dr. McCune

I have been going to this office for more than ten years. Amy Ronin and Dr. McCune are great at their jobs and I always feel like I am in good hands there. I have to agree with everyone about the office staff and in particular the desk attendants. They have always been short, unwelcoming, and always seem unhappy. I have seen some turnover and always hope for a better reception. Not getting it. Either they are overworked and unappreciated there or they just aren't picking the right people. The front desk is your first impression and can make or break your decision to go back. Needs to be better.

April 10th, 2013

RN

my experience was truly positive. Sarah was excellent with the needle. I didn't feel a thing. Lindsay was excellent in her approach also. all of the staff was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this office to family and friends and patients.

June 28th, 2011

Awesome doctor, horrible staff.

I have been going to Dr. McCune for over 10 years now. He is a fantastic, capable doctor but his office staff are horrible. Their constant mistakes are simply unacceptable. I am told things prior to my appointment that are not even true. Frankly, a chimp could do a better job. If Dr. McCune wasn't so good at what he did, I'd never go back to the office. I hate the hassle with the brain-dead office staff. It has been the same way for over 10 years. Dr. McCune needs to find a different hiring pool.

May 14th, 2017