Dermatologist (skin)

About 8 years ago I had a mole removed on my cheek. show details About 8 years ago I had a mole removed on my cheek.
by Margaret W. Hatch on Jul 26th, 2015

About 8 years ago I had a mole removed on my cheek. Over the years the scar began to sink and become depressed. Here is my first subcision progress. More than likely will have another treatment in 2 months but so far, good! If you have a deeper scar like I did, I would highly recommend this procedure. :)

Almost ruined my nose show details Almost ruined my nose
by Mr. Dissatisfied on Jan 30th, 2015

I have had fairly successful experiences with Dr. McCune before but the last time, about six months ago, he almost ruined my nose for a very small cancerous extraction. He "wanted to get it all." He made an incision on the side of my nose about 1 and 1/3 inches long for a "pimple" that was a smaller size than a pinhead. Now, about six months later, the "healed" incision shows a long scar on the side of my nose that is enlarged at least 1/8 of an inch and still very sensitive and often painful. Okay, if this was a cancer or pre-cancer, I'm happy that he got it. Otherwise I'm suffering physically and cosmetically from the surgery. Now, Dr. McCune must be struggling financially from purchasing all of his cosmetic and expensive "hot shot" cosmetic equipment because he is requiring a long-time and faithful customer to provide a credit card before he or his staff services anyone. Incidentally, Brenda is the best PA in the office--she is highly medically skilled and empathetic to patients. I'll not return to McCune.

Excellant Doctor show details Excellant Doctor
by Stephen on Apr 21st, 2014

I have been seeing Dr. Mark McCune for 25 years. I had been seen at Mayo's in Rochester, MN 2 times and was about to return once again when I was asked where I reside by the head Doctor of Dermatology at Mayo's. When responding Kansas City, he immediately told me to contact Dr. Mark McCune. I could NOT have been happier. Dr. Mark McCune was able to diagnose me and has been successfully treating my condition ever since. He was singled out from the all the dermatology Doctors in the Kansas City metro area and recommended to me by the lead Dermatology Doctor at Mayo. Dr. McCune has been voted by his piers as a 'SUPER DOC' in 2010 by Kansas City Magazine AND for multiple years in the TOP THREE of local Dermatology Docs. I would rate him as a 5 star, but I am only allotted 4 stars. *****

Dr. McCune show details Dr. McCune
by Kelly on Mar 6th, 2014

I have been going to this office for more than ten years. Amy Ronin and Dr. McCune are great at their jobs and I always feel like I am in good hands there. I have to agree with everyone about the office staff and in particular the desk attendants. They have always been short, unwelcoming, and always seem unhappy. I have seen some turnover and always hope for a better reception. Not getting it. Either they are overworked and unappreciated there or they just aren't picking the right people. The front desk is your first impression and can make or break your decision to go back. Needs to be better.

RN show details RN
by connie on Apr 10th, 2013

my experience was truly positive. Sarah was excellent with the needle. I didn't feel a thing. Lindsay was excellent in her approach also. all of the staff was very friendly and professional. I would highly recommend this office to family and friends and patients.

Awesome doctor, horrible staff. show details Awesome doctor, horrible staff.
Jun 28th, 2011

I have been going to Dr. McCune for over 10 years now. He is a fantastic, capable doctor but his office staff are horrible. Their constant mistakes are simply unacceptable. I am told things prior to my appointment that are not even true. Frankly, a chimp could do a better job. If Dr. McCune wasn't so good at what he did, I'd never go back to the office. I hate the hassle with the brain-dead office staff. It has been the same way for over 10 years. Dr. McCune needs to find a different hiring pool.

My Opinion: Horrible Staff show details My Opinion: Horrible Staff
Jul 22nd, 2010

I went for a fraxel consultation. I thought I would get to meet with the doctor who would be performing the procedure but instead I got the nurse. In my opinion, she was rude, snotty, and condescending. I walked out of the appointment. My opinion, dont waste your time with people who are going to be so mean. There a lot of people in the area that do fraxel, I would rather go somewhere that appreciates my business. Also, I got cheaper quotes for the same thing at other offices.

Very effective treatment show details Very effective treatment
by Citysearch User on Jul 28th, 2005 on insiderpages.com

My skin has never looked better! I started going to Dr. McCune`s office just 3 months ago, and I have already seen a dramatic improvement. I...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com