Dr. Mark Mcdonald MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2

September 26th, 2016
Review for Dr. Mark McDonald - OIO
Dr. McDonald has repaired both of my shoulders and I am very satisfied with the results.

May 15th, 2013
er visit extremely poor poor visit
Went to er on a beautiful Friday spring busy morning, to bring my daughter in for possible acl/meniscus tear. He spent 1 minuted telling me his resume, seen that I had another doctor prior a year ago, and gave me this advice - I think it could be strain, acl tear or meniscus. I will set up MRI and left the room. Called on the following Monday, knowing two weeks is a long time to sit around for a knee injury, got my appointment moved up and made a new appointment with the other awesome good doctor at the same facility. When I got to my appointment, he said why didn't you get here sooner, without even looking at the mri he said she needs surgery very soon, she could loose a great part of her meniscus due to lack of blood flow. Mind you my daughter is 15 and because of this surgeon lack of concern she could have knees of a 60 year old. so you tell me how much he cares about his job and quality of his work I would let him touch me is he can't listen to your patients concerns!!!

September 11th, 2011
terrible
Dr McDonald was suppose to reconstuct my ACL, fix my torn meniscus and clean up arthritis in my knee. Prior to scheduling surgery, I told him several times I was not allowed to go under anesthesia due to the mediciation I was taking for another condition as the anesthesia could cause death due to reaction of the mixture of my medicine with the meds they use to put you under. He told me each time not to worry about it that I was being overly concerned, it would not be a problem. He had me talk with the anesthiaologist he works with due to my concern, and this dr said not to worry either as they would be able to contradict the reaction with other mediciations. So I trusted both these dr's and showed up for surgery. Thank god the nurse checking me in asked about the list of medicines and was aware of the problem with anesthesia and the mediciation I was taking. A hospital manager had my surgery cancelled as she knew what would happen if I had the Surgery. Dr Mcdonald was furious my surgery was cancelled and told me to return to his office and he would give me Synvic shots to help with the pain and hqad an ACL brace ordered for me - When I was getting ready to leave the hospital, i was also informed Dr McDonald didn't have the ACL reconstruction listed as one of the procedures he was going to do that morning. So I return to the office to start the synvic shots after all this, and when I see him he doesn't even know why I came back for the f/u appt (after all this, i'm not sure whay i showed up either.) Needless, to say i have a new dr and will never advise anyone to go to this physician.