Dr. Mark Mcgowan Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Mark Mcgowan?

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Mark Mcgowan?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

February 22nd, 2017

My PCP for over 20 years

I have had Dr. McGowan help me through almost every health crisis I may have encountered, with kindness, sincerity and caring. I've always felt he listens to me, and guides me in the right direction to better health.

September 16th, 2014

patient

professional. courteous. caring. the best!

May 2nd, 2013

Mis-diagnosed my colon cancer

He mis-diagnosed my colon cancer. I went in complaining of symptoms of weakness and stool problems. The doctor's blood tests showed I was anemic; so he prescribed OTC iron tablets. I was not convinced I was cured of what was bothering me and asked and asked and asked for referral to gastrointestinal specialist. McGowan insisted I was fine as my new bloodwork came back with an improvement indicating I was no longer anemic. He sent me this statement in writing. So I saw another doctor, who got me into a GI guy who did a colonoscopy, woke me up and said "You have a tumor; it has to come out." (I later found out I was bleeding internally from a cancerous tumor in my colon. The iron pills simply masked this blood loss! The surgeon had to cut out half my colon, I did 6 months chemo and survived.) But I am not a letigitous person and decided to focus on rebuilding my health vs. suing this overworked doctor.)

February 13th, 2012

Excellent, caring physician.

Dr. McGowan has been my family doctor for many years. Caring, intelligent, knowledgeable, excellent "bedside" manner, terrific follow-up. I treasure my relationship with Dr. McGowan, and consider us fortunate to have such a reliable and thorough physician.

July 15th, 2009

Misdiagnosis cost me dearly

I am in store for some major surgery because Dr. McGowan failed to refer me to a specialist, and instead misdiagnosed an injury as something much more minor than it was. Even when I complain of continuing pain, Dr. McGowan basically ignored my complaints, again failing to refer me to a qualified specialist. The treatment would have been minor if properly diagnosed in the first place. Now I'm in store for a huge surgery with major risks of complications, and the possibility I will never recover fully. If you are a patient of his, please don't trust him, demand to see a specialist. Don't end up like me.

February 9th, 2017