A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Mark Melamed:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Mark Melamed is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Mark Melamed, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 3 areas:
- Contact lenses
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
Education & Awards
Dr. Melamed graduated from New York University. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Melamed has 15 hospital affiliations:
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
- NYU Hospitals Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Melamed accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 6 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- MVP Health Care Preferred Care - 17 plans
- Fidelis Care - 4 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Mark A. Melamed practice?
Dr. Mark Melamed practices Ophthalmology near Hewlett, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Valley Stream, NY.
See Hewlett Ophthalmologists.